Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Ward is also smart outside the ring as well. His team realizes the importance of getting every single advantage in their favor.

I see some fans (white CAC's) actually complain about this, but that's what boxing has always been about. If the opponent doesn't like it, beat him & take his spot.

If I'm the champ, we're fighting in my hometown, I'm picking the ring size, etc. It's all part of the game

Yep.

I just cant see him taking a loss right now. I cant even imagine it:yeshrug:

He's the #2 fighter in the world imo, behind the obvious #1 fighter.....Floy

Sike:ufdup:

Adrien "About Billions" Broner:blessed:

#BandCamp

broner-5801-530x317.jpg

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stevens did not clinch the whole fight...some strategic holding would have saved him a beating on the ropes

Stevens style was too limited for GGG. Not good enough defensively. He made the fight easy by not clinching. Someone else could give a tougher fight by clinching and moving a little better. GGG looked good and he has a lil dog in him too. I think he felt Stevens power and stepped up his aggressiveness.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Anybody who saw Stevens fights against Findley and Brinkley had to have seen this coming. Props to Curtis though, he got mad heart.

And I too can't see Ward losing either. Not anytime soon at least.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Stevens style was too limited for GGG. Not good enough defensively. He made the fight easy by not clinching. Someone else could give a tougher fight by clinching and moving a little better. GGG looked good and he has a lil dog in him too. I think he felt Stevens power and stepped up his aggressiveness.

I didn't like his corners gameplan either wanting him to jab with the taller man with more reach

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Byrd on GGG

its a good assessment. GGG offensively is very strong and very precise. GGG needs time to think for one so a great technical fighter can get him by attacking angles and keeping him turning. a high activity fighter would give him problems. a fighter with athleticism and defensive footwork will trouble him. the problem is...I dont really see any of those types of fighters around his weight class that have the style or ability. Serge does but its questionable that he has enough in the tank to keep him off of him for 12 rounds. Martinez from a few years ago could. Ward would be too much for him though. Thats a bad match for GGG.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GGG vs JCC Jr?

What yall think?:mjpls:

JCCjr could win as any man could. They always say dont judge an opponent by his last fight but how can you not? JCCjr was out of shape and for that reason he tried to box too much with Vera to conserve energy. He cant box with GGG like that and win. If he were in great shape and coming to bring the pain I would give him a much better chance.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, he didnt get knocked out.......he took a dive imo.

He got hit WAY harder and with better flush shots, that he didnt see coming, by Andre Berto than that light 1-2 Floyd hit him with.

Victor took that money and ran. That random headbutt he tried, which in turn caused Mayweather to 2-piece him, was Victor trying to get DQ'd imo.

He was "knocked out"....but a few seconds after the bell rung, he was smiling on his chair in the corner?:rudy::camby:

I think he was trying to get DQ'd and take the money.....or beat Floyd via Floyd being DQ'd once he hit him with the 2-piece.

Either way, Victor Ortiz pissed me off with that:snoop:
Berto does not have more punching power than floyd
:stopitslime:
Let's not get outta hand
His punches just look flashy and he was fighting bums
That two piece by Floyd was FAR from light
Look at da replay
And it didn't come in action like da Berto knockdown which I think made it worse.
I do agree that Ortiz coulda got up
But like you said earlier, I think he was hoping to get a w on some Montell griffin shyt

I think the headbutt was just frustration. He finally landed something clean on Floyd and Floyd was just dodging and laughing at him

Ortiz is a headcase

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Berto does not have more punching power than floyd
:stopitslime:
Let's not get outta hand
His punches just look flashy and he was fighting bums
That two piece by Floyd was FAR from light
Look at da replay
And it didn't come in action like da Berto knockdown which I think made it worse.
But like you said earlier, I think he was hoping to get a w on some Montell griffin shyt

I think the headbutt was just frustration. He finally landed something clean on Floyd and Floyd was just dodging and laughing at him

Ortiz is a headcase

while it was a good combo from Floyd, there is NO WAY you can convince me that Ortiz wasnt looking for a way out and truly wanted to continue.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ward is also smart outside the ring as well. His team realizes the importance of getting every single advantage in their favor.

I see some fans (white CAC's) actually complain about this, but that's what boxing has always been about. If the opponent doesn't like it, beat him & take his spot.

If I'm the champ, we're fighting in my hometown, I'm picking the ring size, etc. It's all part of the game
It's pretty much okay for every fighter ever to do it except Floyd
If he ask for anything he's shook

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Ortiz is a headcase

Exactly. I like Victor when he's focused, but that Floyd fight was some bullshyt.

And what I meant about "light" is that you can see Floyd didnt even put all his strength in those punches. It was one of those "You headbutted me nikka?! 'Bap-Bap'" punches lol

He tried to get Floyd DQ'd in order to win:heh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
NOBODY beating this combo :smugbiden:

5aeebe5b58ce3b5481c18711e2c9b584.jpg

:whoa:

I'm trying to set it up so when and if that fight it does happen.....and JCC Jr undoubtedly puts them hands on GGG, the #ChavezCoalition can celebrate our boy beating the so-called "unstoppable monster".

JCC would KO GGG and it's gonna be beautiful:to:

:blessed: