Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
A Purse bid was held today in the IBF Office for the IBF Flyweight Championship mandatory defense between Champion Moruti Mthalane and Amnat Ruenroeng. There was only one bidder, Jimmy’s Boxing and he bid $ 15,000.00. Jimmy has 90 days to put the fight on.
:to: Started at $11,215 for a defense on Oct. 19 that got cancelled, now we here....

Two-time cruiserweight world title challenger Francisco “The Wizard” Palacios (21-2, 13 KOs) has parted ways with Don King Promotions, signing a managerial contract with Victory Sports and Entertainment. Palacios, whose only two losses were against former IBF and current WBC cruiser champion Krzysztof “Diablo” Włodarczyk, was excited with his new options. “I fought only three times in three years. I did not fight for the last 13 months, but I’m ready to prove that I still belong in the elite of the cruiserweight division. Wizard Time may still come in championship fight,” said Palacios in a Fightnews.com interview. Richard Torres, who with Victory Sports and Entertainment, represents Palacios, stressed the fact that finding a promoter is important but not the deciding factor in the nearest future. “Francisco can be in the ring very quickly,” said Torres, “showcase his talents even without a promoter. His value is obvious when you see him in the ring.”

FINALLY..........

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Pop shyt N apologize...Broner dont want it :russ:

AB must stand for Apologizing b*stard

#bandcamp:sadcam:
54457.2.jpg

#swifset :jawalrus: WBC Champ
DANNY-GARCIA-WBC-CHAIN.jpg

The day will come when I'm gonna be left no choice but to go in on Danny G (when it's Broner vs Garcia).........that day isnt today however:birdman:

We need that Green Belt Danny Boy, and what #BandCamp wants, #BandCamp gets:ohlawd:

Stay out of our way and everything will be ok

#BandCamp, 3x Champ in 3 different weight classes:smugfavre:

:blessed:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-murat-bout-draws-1-million-viewers-on-sho--71119

By Jake Donovan

Emotions remain mixed on whether fans love or loathe Bernard Hopkins, but one thing is for sure; both sides are tuning in whenever he fights.

Hopkins’ light heavyweight title defense against mandatory challenger Karo Murat, which aired live on Showtime, was witnessed by one million viewers at its peak viewing points, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The number is good for the second best for the network during a 2013 campaign that continues to draw industry-wide high praise. With the win, the 48–year young pugilist became the oldest fighter ever to successfully defend a major title, breaking his own record set just over two years ago.

The future Hall of Famer has been inconsistent at the live gate, but continues to serve as a ratings hit when not forced to carry a pay-per-view event. His title-winning effort over Tavoris Cloud this past March drew 1.2 million viewers on what may be his last ever fight on HBO, who boasts a subscriber base of roughly 25% more than Showtime, which means Hopkins’ last fight on each network registered the same share.

Showtime has now generated four separate events drawing one million viewers or more during a 2013 campaign that continues to enjoy a huge ratings spike. The network has experienced a 62% increase in its live boxing viewership since restructuring its sports programming division in late 2011, which included the appointment of Stephen Espinoza as general Manager and executive vice president, replacing Ken Hershman who left to assume the same role with HBO.

The average viewership over the course of the three-plus hour tripleheader was the network’s second highest of the year. The show also increased Showtime Championship Boxing’s average ratings by 23% since last year.

The evening was full circle for Hopkins (54-6-2, 32KO) in a number of ways. His showdown with Murat came two weeks after the 25th anniversary of his pro debut, which also took place in Atlantic City. Hopkins dropped a four-round decision to fellow debutant Clinton Mitchell, then went on a five-year win streak before running into Roy Jones in their vacant title fight in May ’93.

Showtime was along for the ride when Hopkins won his first title, knocking out Segundo Mercado in the April ’95 rematch to begin a middleweight title reign that would span ten years. Their 12-round draw, which came four months prior, also aired on Showtime, as did three of his middleweight title defenses – a knockout win over John David Jackson, and a no-contest and stoppage win in back-to-back fights with Robert Allen in 1998 and 1999.

Hopkins’ draw with Pascal marked his first fight on Showtime in nearly 12 years. Their rematch took place five months later on HBO, as Hopkins, 46 years old at the time, won the bout to become the oldest fighter ever to win a lineal championship and the oldest to win a title of any kind, until breaking his own record on the latter earlier this year.

A pair of fights with Chad Dawson also came on HBO’s dime, fighting to a no-contest before losing the light heavyweight crown in their unwatchable rematch four months later.

Last weekend’s mandatory title defense versus Murat featured its fair share of ugly moments and fouls, but also drew praise for the level of action exuded throughout the second half of the fight.

With one million viewers tuning in for Hopkins’ 33rd career championship fight (30 with an actual alphabet belt on the line, plus three more beltless lineal World title fights), the evening mande for the 5th highest peak audience Showtime has enjoyed since tracking such statistics. All five events have come in past 13 months, beginning with Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez’ knockout win over Josesito atop of a Showtime quadrupleheader last September.

Alvarez owns the network’s highest ever boxing rating, which came with his points win over Austin Trout this past April. Trout was also involved in another fight which drew more than one million viewers, his win on the road in New York City versus Miguel Cotto last December.

The fifth fight included in that list was Adrien Broner’s points win over Paul Malignaggi this past June, in what served as his Showtime Championship Boxing debut.

Hopkins and Golden Boy Promotions have yet to determine the path he will next travel, though Showtime figures to be along for the ride. The outspoken fighter pledged his allegiance to his promoter and their network of choice during Saturday’s post-fight press conference.

Whomever it’s against, the safest bet is that fans will be tuning in to brass-pleasing numbers.

:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Future rapped: "I'm fukking 2 bad bytches at the same damn time" and people were :krs: over it

AB actually lives what nikkas be rapping about, we get a leak was posted with him fukking 2 bytches at the same damn time, and now yall :snoop: over it?

The Problem is living the life out here. He's doing what we all wanted to do when we were his age. Make big money, fukk bad bytches, and be successful:ohlawd:

24 years old, 3x Champion in 3 different weight classes, gets high ratings whenever he fights, makes at least a Milly everytime he steps in the ring, Rapping/touring:whew:

Mr. Fresh, Fly, Flashy

#BandCamp

:blessed:

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
I don't give a damn what dumb ass does outside of the ring, I'm only concerned with his in the ring antics. All I have to say on the matter is, put some damn jims on. Sheesh. *hums Waterfalls*

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

This shyt is :whew: I can't front......

@Newzz

"I aint never gave a fukk if you gave a fukk:birdman:

It's only gonna get worse for you haters:ufdup:

You haters only gonna make me better":win:

AB addressing you haters:russ:

#BandCamp

:ohlawd:

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
broner is a fukkin idiot:snoop:...christ that little nikka is out of control..he's about to be the next lamar parks
he's young and rich and stupid. all i know is he better look less lane bryant and more forever 21 when he gets in the ring in December. AB was lookin super middleweight dinna mug.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
On December 14th, AB's gonna get in there, beat on Marcos Maidana, make another easy Million and people are STILL gonna be mad. It doesnt even matter anymore. He might as well embrace the hate:yeshrug:

Like I said though, people acting like Broner's doing stuff they couldnt imagine doing. Like they're disgusted:rudy:

NO:ufdup:

He's doing stuff that alot of people WANTED to do and still WANT to, and actually ARE doing.

"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fukkin' a$$holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fukkin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie."

Adrien "Scarface" Broner

#BandCamp

:birdman:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Broner finally stepped his bars up in that song though. He spazzed out during the 2nd half of that shyt..

This nikka better stop Maidana when they fight, so he'll get more hype, even though I think nikkas is gonna act like that shyt wasn't no big deal anyway.