Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
But he's criticized for the bolded. These fighters can't touch him and he's being too defensive, he STANDS right in front of these dudes. WTF is he supposed to do? He doesnt have the same KO power at 147-154 as he did in the other weights.
Thats a myth and flat out lie IMO, you dont put fear in peoples heart and hurt a opponent in every match if you cant punch, you see anybody else doing that to the opponenets he's faced. When Floyd decides he wants to KO you he will like he did with Ortiz, that wasnt them paint brush swipes left and rights he has been throwing lately

Cotto also stated that Mayweather hit harder than Manny
And shane said Mayweather hit as Hard as Canelo

Those are p4p punchers other fighters compared his power too......

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Thats a myth and flat out lie IMO, you dont put fear in peoples heart and hurt a opponent in every match if you cant punch, you see anybody else doing that to the opponenets he's faced. When Floyd decides he wants to KO you he will like he did with Ortiz, that wasnt them paint brush swipes left and rights he has been throwing lately

Cotto also stated that Mayweather hit harder than Manny
And shane said Mayweather hit as Hard as Canelo

Those are p4p punchers other fighters compared his power too......

Bolded is a fact. Why arent they dropping like they did in the lighter weight? Lack of combos.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word, I always liked Pretty Boy Floyd more than Money Mayweather. But when I say that nikkas would look at me like ":what: they're the same person" :lolbron:

Money Mayweather is more safe. He is out to get his check and win rounds. Pretty Boy was more about embarrassing the opponent. He was a lil more flat footed and worked the jab to the body a lot more...that was my shyt! :banderas:

He also was much better with the lead right. Its kinda like when B-Hop was younger. He was a much better offensive fighter but as they got older..to preserve their careers they became almost strictly defensive minded. The best B-Hop I seen in a while offensively was against Cloud.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Bolded is a fact. Why arent they dropping like they did in the lighter weight? Lack of combos.
He doesn't sit down on his punches, to protect his brittle hand, he's tossing softballs, he's hurting and moving bigger guys by just throwing short compact shots

A short compact grazing left right combo where Floyd threw early in the Canelo match while in-fighting moved Canelo, had me saying damn that shouldnt be.......

He had to have serious pop if he could make Canelo sit on the ropes apprehensive of coming in, throwing jabs to keep Floyd off of him.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Skip is right...he has the same amount of power...maybe more even. the reason why they arent falling is 1) he doesnt commit like he used to. he is on his toes more. when he throws a punch he is already looking to get out of harms way. His punches now are more for scoring. 2) bigger stronger opponents are able to take it better. 3) because he is so defensive minded, he doesnt go to the body like he used to.

To see the old Floyd come out...you have to see him in some sort of danger like against Shane or Zab. When he was forced to fight..he beat brakes off them boyz

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its hard when you have hundreds of millions floating behind you, when all you have to do is win, and not hurt your hands......

You right, but you cant knock it, Floyd needs someone to bring that dog out in him, but he beats the dog out of them before that could happen. Touch Floyd chin with something with conviction early and watch Floyd go to beast mode, he dont like getting his face touched they aint call him pretty boy for nothing, touch his chin early and he disconnects and black out. Mosely and Ortiz accomplished this. Mosley caught him and Floyd gave Mosely the ass whipping of his life, and vs Oritz he was content on throwing pitty pat shots and combos until he received that headbutt and Floyd lost all control edging that line of getting dq and not giving one fukk about it ..................................

This...

Like he did Shane and like when he was potentially in an even fight with Zab on the cards. He had to be a lil more careful with Zab until the later rounds because Zab loses focus...but he kept consistent pressure on Zab and didnt just box....because Zab is so athletic. Floyd had to administer a beating to Zab and he did.

Floyd coasts if he doesnt feel any threat. When you threaten him, you find out just how bad he dont wanna lose. You damn near get the full repertoire then.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This...

Like he did Shane and like when he was potentially in an even fight with Zab on the cards. He had to be a lil more careful with Zab until the later rounds because Zab loses focus...but he kept consistent pressure on Zab and didnt just box....because Zab is so athletic. Floyd had to administer a beating to Zab and he did.

Floyd coasts if he doesnt feel any threat. When you threaten him, you find out just how bad he dont wanna lose. You damn near get the full repertoire then.
This....

We dont even know how good Floyd truly is...................

He rarely shift to gear 2, I doubt he even shift past that, and when he does shift to that second gear he's prepared and delivers brutal punishment for it, a part of him relishes that and he appreciates when a fighter brings that out in him that. Vs Cotto while bloody taking punishment taking shots he never took, giving Cotto daps mid round and shyt, and he's complaining that muthafukker running, and doing a sadistic bloody face Vince Mcmahaon laugh in his corner like

91mcmahon_display_image_display_image_original_display_image.jpg

That should show Floyd is a different type of beast than most, he has animal in him deep down in him, a far cry from most defensive greats........

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I remember Brother Naz saying that about Floyd when Mosley was getting ready for him. Something along the lines that if Shane could hurt Floyd (which he believed he could) that he would have to deal with a different type of animal than the normal Floyd we were used to.
Yeah he said Floyd would turn into a dragon sprout wings and start spitting fire balls......

Shyt was like some type of ancient prophecy...................:heh:

Gotta love Naz:myman:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
He doesn't sit down on his punches, to protect his brittle hand, he's tossing softballs, he's hurting and moving bigger guys by just throwing short compact shots

A short compact grazing left right combo where Floyd threw early in the Canelo match while in-fighting moved Canelo, had me saying damn that shouldnt be.......

He had to have serious pop if he could make Canelo sit on the ropes apprehensive of coming in, throwing jabs to keep Floyd off of him.
Completely agree. I think fighters think opponents think he can't punch and then don't pursue as much as they say they will when the fight is on. Also, think 95% of the time Floyd takes a lot off his punches, he seems to really try to protect his hands. Don't blame him.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
fukk Max Kellerman, that motherfukker and fukk everybody that's talking about Pacquiao-Ruslan, they're already counting me out! Everybody is counting me out. Everybody thinks I'm a tune up fight for Pacquiao. So Max Kellerman thinks that too so fukk that motherucker. He's always talking shyt, saying stuff in my face like ‘Oh Brandon, you're this, this and that. You've won this and that.' He's a fukking pretender. I don't give a fukk if HBO makes you say shyt or not, you don't say [that type of] shyt. Nobody makes me say shyt but me. So at the end of the day that's fukking bullshyt."
:russ: Bam Bam is quite a character yo