Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's alot of fighters out there that medically shouldn't be fighting but they get around it...boxing is notorious for it....that's why im glad michael katsidis retired because he was traveling on those same roads with all those wild slugfests he was getting into while getting more and more shot..by the way did he ever reveal what injury made him retire?

Exactly....and my point is....some people get pushed to stop fighting if they have been losing. Some get pushed to continue if they make more money and can scrape up a win or two..regardless of the caliber of opponent. EVERYONE should be treated the same. Boxing career notwithstanding.

Katsidis retired due to scar tissue on his brain revealed in MRI and CAT Scan. he knew what was up if he kept fighting.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Provodnikov is a champ now right?? Jus like Cloud was right?? Only difference Prov wasn't coming off an L from a grandpa like Cloud

JMM coming off his biggest W > Dawson coming off getting slept

So how is Stevensons year better then Bradleys :stopitslime:
It's better than Bradley's because he stopped his two opponents with no questions asked.
You can still find just as many people who think Bradley lost the Provodikov fight as think he won. Maybe even more to be honest.
And no one was impressed by that JMM fight unless they were related to Bradley.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its real simple ko victorys over Dawson coming off a Ko L N Cloud coming off a Hopkins boxing lesson is not better then

Floyd Ws over Undefeated Canelo who out weighed him by 15+ pounds N Guerrero who hadn't lost in years

Garcia WS over Matthysse who was Godzilla N was "undefeated" according to stans N Judah

Rico over Donaire is better

Bradley beating Provodnikov N JMM is also better

:manny:
Rigo can;'t get it based off of one fight even if it was him delivering a boxing lesson to a guy who was as hyped as Donaire.
Floyd is a perennial candidate for fighter of the year but did anyone honestly think he would have even a sliver of trouble against Guerrero or Canelo?
Bradley shouldn't even be in the convo because his fight against JMM was dreadfully boring and his win against Provodikov is arguable.
Garcia could be a legit option based off his beating Zab in an entertaining fight and the way he dominated the Matthysse who everybody considered to be a monster at that weight.

So the Fighter of the Year race comes down to Adonis Stevenson and Danny Garcia. I have no problems with either guy getting it and it would be well deserved whoever the winner was.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Victor Ortiz comeback derailed
The proposed comeback fight of Victor Ortiz against IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is off. The IBF would not sanction that fight due to Ortiz suffering two straight stoppage losses, plus having not fought in over 14 months.

The bout was supposed to be the co-feature on Golden Boy’s planned December 14 PPV card headlined by Adrien Broner against Marcos Maidana.

:damn:

you know....I really wouldnt have a problem with the IBF doing this if they would be more consistent with it across the board.

they better find some decent names for the undercard cause that a sorry ass ppv..good hbo fight tho

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
they better find some decent names for the undercard cause that a sorry ass ppv..good hbo fight tho
They'll be ok, the rumors are stating Ortiz Mosley can easil step in for that date, they will have to work out cash being that they are both names.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I hate to say it, but you have to blame Floyd Mayweather and his "stans" for that.

Floyd is famous for saying, "the point is to hit and not be hit"....which is true. However, it is VERY difficult to obtain a knockout when you're not really looking to mix it up in there.

No matter what people say, Boxing for a BOXER is supposed to be win at all costs. However, Boxing for us FANS is supposed to be entertaining.

Can someone really say they were more entertained by Floyd vs Guerrero, Rigo vs Donaire, Bradley vs Marquez over Ortiz vs Berto, Rios vs Alvarado, Bradley vs Provodnikov?

I dont believe them.

I love the sweet science and love to watch someone give a "boxing lesson" to another fighter, BUT it has to be a fight a boxing clinic that's entertaining to ME such as Floyd vs Gatti/Floyd vs Corrales/Calzaghe vs Lacy/Hopkins vs Pavlik/Wright vs Trinidad etc. Fights where there's actually FIGHTING taking place alongside great defense.

Just my 2 Cents

#BandCamp

You admonish Floyd and big him up at the same time:what:?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You admonish Floyd and big him up at the same time:what:?

Are we gonna act as if the Floyd from the Gatti/Corrales fights is the same Floyd from recent years?

He was more offensive back then as Pretty Boy Floyd and now he is extremely defensive to the point where he barely throws punches in combination anymore and would rather potshot and counter you to death, so that he doesn't get "hit"

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Are we gonna act as if the Floyd from the Gatti/Corrales fights is the same Floyd from recent years?

He was more offensive back then as Pretty Boy Floyd and now he is extremely defensive to the point where he barely throws punches in combination anymore and would rather potshot and counter you to death, so that he doesn't get "hit"
Word, I always liked Pretty Boy Floyd more than Money Mayweather. But when I say that nikkas would look at me like ":what: they're the same person" :lolbron:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Word, I always liked Pretty Boy Floyd more than Money Mayweather. But when I say that nikkas would look at me like ":what: they're the same person" :lolbron:

Yep.

PBF was out to prove himself as the best and only wanted to fight and defeat the best. He was more offensive than defensive and really let his hands go when he needed too.

They are tge same person, but different fighters:yeshrug:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Its hard when you have hundreds of millions floating behind you, when all you have to do is win, and not hurt your hands......

You right, but you cant knock it, Floyd needs someone to bring that dog out in him, but he beats the dog out of them before that could happen. Touch Floyd chin with something with conviction early and watch Floyd go to beast mode, he dont like getting his face touched they aint call him pretty boy for nothing, touch his chin early and he disconnects and black out. Mosely and Ortiz accomplished this. Mosley caught him and Floyd gave Mosely the ass whipping of his life, and vs Oritz he was content on throwing pitty pat shots and combos until he received that headbutt and Floyd lost all control edging that line of getting dq and not giving one fukk about it ..................................

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ

No. Who's acting?

Floyd has proven that he can fight, box, and dominate at different weights. Not too many boxers can say that. Of course his power is different at different weight classes, the higher he went the lower his KO power went. He's the only fighter that doesnt get hit a lot and he's criticized for it. :snoop:
I guess he should've gotten his ass whooped to get rid of this stigma, makes no sense.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Its hard when you have hundreds of millions floating behind you, when all you have to do is win, and not hurt your hands......

You right, but you cant knock it, Floyd needs someone to bring that dog out in him, but he beats the dog out of them before that could happen. Touch Floyd chin with something with conviction early and watch Floyd go to beast mode, he dont like getting his face touched they aint call him pretty boy for nothing, touch his chin early and he disconnects and black out. Mosely and Ortiz accomplished this. Mosley caught him and Floyd gave Mosely the ass whipping of his life, and vs Oritz he was content on throwing pitty pat shots and combos until he received that headbutt and Floyd lost all control edging that line of getting dq and not giving one fukk about it ..................................

But he's criticized for the bolded. These fighters can't touch him and he's being too defensive, he STANDS right in front of these dudes. WTF is he supposed to do? He doesnt have the same KO power at 147-154 as he did in the other weights.