Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Y'all should've been :dj2: that Chad lost. He's boring as hell and never stops anybody. That 2nd fight with Hopkins might just be the worst title fight of the past decade. Maybe Adonis was right when he said Chad was overrated cause he was beating up on old men. Last 5 years Chad fought old ass Glen Johnson, Tarver and Hopkins twice each and got his ass beat by 3 super middleweights with a boring ass win over Diacowho gives a fukk in between

considering i know the nikka in real life, ever since high school, there's no celebrating for me...i hate seeing the shyt he's brought onto himself

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
bradley being FOY :huh:...nah the JMM fight is a great victory..the prov is a great fight but prov was just a cat brought in from the espn circuit as a tuneup for bradley to look good against and it nearly turned into a disaster..not fighter of the year caliber to me

Provodnikov is a champ now right?? Jus like Cloud was right?? Only difference Prov wasn't coming off an L from a grandpa like Cloud

JMM coming off his biggest W > Dawson coming off getting slept

So how is Stevensons year better then Bradleys :stopitslime:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I hate to say it, but you have to blame Floyd Mayweather and his "stans" for that.

Floyd is famous for saying, "the point is to hit and not be hit"....which is true. However, it is VERY difficult to obtain a knockout when you're not really looking to mix it up in there.

No matter what people say, Boxing for a BOXER is supposed to be win at all costs. However, Boxing for us FANS is supposed to be entertaining.

Can someone really say they were more entertained by Floyd vs Guerrero, Rigo vs Donaire, Bradley vs Marquez over Ortiz vs Berto, Rios vs Alvarado, Bradley vs Provodnikov?

I dont believe them.

I love the sweet science and love to watch someone give a "boxing lesson" to another fighter, BUT it has to be a fight a boxing clinic that's entertaining to ME such as Floyd vs Gatti/Floyd vs Corrales/Calzaghe vs Lacy/Hopkins vs Pavlik/Wright vs Trinidad etc. Fights where there's actually FIGHTING taking place alongside great defense.

Just my 2 Cents

#BandCamp

I feel you breh.

It's like nikkas act like you can't outclass somebody and be entertaining as well. SRL did it, Toney did it, Roy did it, etc... Mad nikkas used to do it and would still be praised for having high skill levels. Fans nowadays equate skill to stinking out the joint, like the more boring you fight, the better you are.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Provodnikov is a champ now right?? Jus like Cloud was right?? Only difference Prov wasn't coming off an L from a grandpa like Cloud

JMM coming off his biggest W > Dawson coming off getting slept

So how is Stevensons year better then Bradleys :stopitslime:

its all relative to opinion..stevenson taking a career risk knocking off his boogeyman, stopping the man at 175, and being the first person to STOP cloud not outbox him >>>> barely winning a fight against ruslan provodnikov who was brought in as a tuneup..i gave bradley his props for the JMM win but i dont think its enough for fighter of the year

if floyd gets foy its just because of continued dominance...certainly not anything for this year..you're prolly the one who was excited about floyd-canelo thinking there was an air of danger behind it when most of us were like :comeon:...and guerrero getting shut down in a fight where floyd was the favorite is not a fighter of year achievement

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry Stevenson is not foy.

Dawson and cloud isn't enough for me

Bradley should get it no question.

Its really about how much of a triumph a fighter has had and the probability of them having it.

Prov wasnt even supposed to be a bump in the road for Bradley, yet some people here think he got a gift. Not a triumph beating a guy you were supposed to have little difficulty with. I think controversial decisions should disqualify you for FOY discussions.

Here's a good way to break it down. Say we knew each opponent for the FOY candidates before hand? Here is the schedule....what would the expectations for each be?

Bradley vs Prov/Bradley vs JMM
Floyd vs Ghost/Canelo
Swift vs Zab/LM
Rigo vs Donaire/King Kong
Stevenson vs Boone/Dawson/Cloud/Bellew

if you knew those schedules at the beginning of the year...which one of those is least likely to go undefeated?

EVERYBODY would expect Bradley to beat Prov and a lot would pick him to beat JMM :takedat:
Nobody picking Floyd to lose...only a fool :comeon::rudy::childplease::mjpls::comeon:
Most people picked Swift to KO Zab, I remember those posts here...:ufdup: dont make me pull them up.
And a good number of us picked Swift over LM. :umad:
While some people picked Rigo to beat Donaire....no one thought he would shut him out basically...THIS is the most impressive win on here in my book.
:ohlawd:

Everyone was talking about either how brave or how stupid Stevenson was for rematching Boone when he already had a title shot at 175 waiting for him. If Boone sparks him again...its basically the end of dude. Instead, it was the start of his 2nd career. Meaningless win on paper but good win considering what was at stake. Then he faces Dawson....in a fight where he is basically a name to pad Dawson's record and make him look like he was still the same guy that has been at the top of the division for years. Then he faces a guy in a highly anticipated action fight that is hailed as a potential Fight of the Year against a guy that most purists figured to give him an even match. It was a fight most thought was 50/50. After this he has to turn around in 2 months and face a mandatory challenger. If he dispatches of Bellew easily...I would say he definitely will have had the most improbable but gratifying run. :whew:

Like I said, reminds me of when the unlikely Glen Johnson (also a late bloomer like Stevenson) was bought in to be an opponent in 3 fights and ended up winning all three in route to becoming FOY in 2004. :salute:

Not arguing with you dudes, just havin fun with this....yall got your own opinions of FOY. I am just giving you a couple of different angles on how to look at the situation.

:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was stanning him heavy when Floyd Sr. was training him probably the best he has ever looked :ohlawd:

and when Floyd had retired and was asked who the best fighter was p4p he said Dawson. I was beginning to stan him heavy at one point but then was like :whoa: once he changed trainers like 3 fights in a row and made his wife his manager. I started to say right then he didnt have his head together.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Provodnikov is a champ now right?? Jus like Cloud was right??

NO. Sorry to devalue his belt but its worthless. Its an attempt to give a good action fighter more name recognition ala Gatti at 140.
Cloud got his title by facing a high caliber (even if past it) fighter in Woods and defended it about 4 times. Alvarado picked up an interim title in a rematch in which the first fight he lost. He never beat the champ of that organization...which was JMM. Further more, I am sure you will agree :troll:the only champion at 140 is Swift. That WBO title doesnt hold any more weight than the IBF title that Peterson holds....because Peterson lost as a WW. :lolbron:

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This guy's gonna KO Pacquiao? :banderas:

tumblr_mj9x6d9JGq1qfirpxo3_250.gif

Manny's light work :skip:

he is way too slow and has too little head movement and defensive skills to be considered a serious threat to Manny unless he has just really gotten....
nNV6Iqg.png

his advantage for the past few years has been his weight. he's been cutting weight for a while. he is gonna come forward and press but he will have to take so much just to be able to get his shyt off.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruce Trampler: Frankie Leal death no surprise

Hall of Fame Top Rank matchmaker Bruce Trampler took to Twitter to comment on the ring death of Frankie Leal, who passed away on Tuesday after being knocked out in a bout Saturday night in Cabos San Lucas, BCS, Mexico. Leal was previously taken from the ring on a stretcher after his 2012 KO loss to current IBF featherweight champion Evgeny Gradovich in San Antonio, Texas. However Leal returned to the ring in January of this year and his fight with Hirales was his fifth fight in 2013.

This is so wrong. I thought Leal was going to die the night he fought Gradovich, but he kept going and going until this. RIP

Frankie Leal death no surprise after Gradovich sent him to hospital in 2012. Kept seeking fights – trainer should have retired him. Sad.

But it didn’t have to happen. Leal went to hospital in Texas and we had tears in eyes because we didn’t think he would make it.

Frankie as much to blame as anyone for seeking fights, but no trainer or cornerman should have gotten near that corner.

This was no roll of the dice, He almost died last year in Texas but pushed the envelope too far this time. Almost suicidal.

Fighters should have the right to determine their fate. I’m just saying this death was predictable and avoidable.

While Trampler has a point....I remember thinking Leavander Johnson was headed for the same fate ever since his war with Augustus. Then he got stopped by Jareugui. Johnson had been done for years and had really weak legs....not sure how neurologist didnt catch that. Johnson went to Italy and won the vacant IBF title, so it was fools gold for anyone thinking Johnson had anything left. that set him up for the Jesus Chavez fight.

the difference between what Trampler is saying and Johnson's situation is..Johnson showed spark of life by winning that title...but the truth is...he should had been retired about 3 years prior to that. Just sayin...in boxing...fighter's health situation are sometimes judged unfairly based on wins and losses.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bruce Trampler: Frankie Leal death no surprise

Hall of Fame Top Rank matchmaker Bruce Trampler took to Twitter to comment on the ring death of Frankie Leal, who passed away on Tuesday after being knocked out in a bout Saturday night in Cabos San Lucas, BCS, Mexico. Leal was previously taken from the ring on a stretcher after his 2012 KO loss to current IBF featherweight champion Evgeny Gradovich in San Antonio, Texas. However Leal returned to the ring in January of this year and his fight with Hirales was his fifth fight in 2013.

This is so wrong. I thought Leal was going to die the night he fought Gradovich, but he kept going and going until this. RIP

Frankie Leal death no surprise after Gradovich sent him to hospital in 2012. Kept seeking fights – trainer should have retired him. Sad.

But it didn’t have to happen. Leal went to hospital in Texas and we had tears in eyes because we didn’t think he would make it.

Frankie as much to blame as anyone for seeking fights, but no trainer or cornerman should have gotten near that corner.

This was no roll of the dice, He almost died last year in Texas but pushed the envelope too far this time. Almost suicidal.

Fighters should have the right to determine their fate. I’m just saying this death was predictable and avoidable.

While Trampler has a point....I remember thinking Leavander Johnson was headed for the same fate ever since his war with Augustus. Then he got stopped by Jareugui. Johnson had been done for years and had really weak legs....not sure how neurologist didnt catch that. Johnson went to Italy and won the vacant IBF title, so it was fools gold for anyone thinking Johnson had anything left. that set him up for the Jesus Chavez fight.

the difference between what Trampler is saying and Johnson's situation is..Johnson showed spark of life by winning that title...but the truth is...he should had been retired about 3 years prior to that. Just sayin...in boxing...fighter's health situation are sometimes judged unfairly based on wins and losses.

there's alot of fighters out there that medically shouldn't be fighting but they get around it...boxing is notorious for it....that's why im glad michael katsidis retired because he was traveling on those same roads with all those wild slugfests he was getting into while getting more and more shot..by the way did he ever reveal what injury made him retire?

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
anyone watching the world amateurs?

savon the cuban just got robbed, one of the clearest robberies ive ever witnessed