Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Victor Ortiz comeback derailed
The proposed comeback fight of Victor Ortiz against IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is off. The IBF would not sanction that fight due to Ortiz suffering two straight stoppage losses, plus having not fought in over 14 months.

The bout was supposed to be the co-feature on Golden Boy’s planned December 14 PPV card headlined by Adrien Broner against Marcos Maidana.

:damn:

you know....I really wouldnt have a problem with the IBF doing this if they would be more consistent with it across the board.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Y'all should've been :dj2: that Chad lost. He's boring as hell and never stops anybody. That 2nd fight with Hopkins might just be the worst title fight of the past decade. Maybe Adonis was right when he said Chad was overrated cause he was beating up on old men. Last 5 years Chad fought old ass Glen Johnson, Tarver and Hopkins twice each and got his ass beat by 3 super middleweights with a boring ass win over Diacowho gives a fukk in between

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all should've been :dj2: that Chad lost. He's boring as hell and never stops anybody. That 2nd fight with Hopkins might just be the worst title fight of the past decade. Maybe Adonis was right when he said Chad was overrated cause he was beating up on old men. Last 5 years Chad fought old ass Glen Johnson, Tarver and Hopkins twice each and got his ass beat by 3 super middleweights with a boring ass win over Diacowho gives a fukk in between

I enjoy watching boxers like Chad, Floyd, even Ward sometimes. Do I like an exciting fight where nikkas is throwing haymakers from hell? Of course I do...but truthfully...I used to watch Toughman for that sorta shyt more than I did boxing. When I watch boxing I am watching for skill.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Victor Ortiz comeback derailed
The proposed comeback fight of Victor Ortiz against IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is off. The IBF would not sanction that fight due to Ortiz suffering two straight stoppage losses, plus having not fought in over 14 months.

The bout was supposed to be the co-feature on Golden Boy’s planned December 14 PPV card headlined by Adrien Broner against Marcos Maidana.

:damn:

you know....I really wouldnt have a problem with the IBF doing this if they would be more consistent with it across the board.

He doesn't deserve a crack at a strap just on principle, glad the IBF has some sense.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lemme break it down about Chad. If you ask was he overrated then it depends on how you apply it and to what premise. Was he overrated if people said he had the ability to beat anyone in his vicinity and reign a division? No. Was he overrated if people thought he couldnt be beaten by mediocre fighters? Yes.

The old guys couldnt deal with Chad because his superior athleticism and decent boxing skills were enough to dispatch of them. In order to beat him though....it didnt take much...really only two things. To be able to match up with him athletically and have a game plan. Thats it.

Remember when everybody thought that if was a fight that would be his first loss it would be Pascal? Thats all they were talking about before the fight on HBO. It wasnt that Pascal was better, but all the fukkery in Chad's background leading up to the fight. Pascal has an amateur boxing style, thats why B-Hop jumped at the chance to fight him. Pascal nor Stevenson would stand a good chance in 6 fights with B-Hop, Johnson, and Tarver. I doubt Stevenson could beat the 2nd version of Tarver that Dawson beat. Its the styles.

What you are seeing now is Stevenson's ability to exploit stylistic matchups. Still he is doing it impressively and with style and flair. Dawson had enough athletically to take those old guys but mentally not focused enough for young and hungry lions in the Serengeti. The wife manager, changing trainers, not training, not wanting to leave home to train...etc...Chad was waiting on an assbeating....it was just a matter of who was gonna deliver it.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dawson was 2-2 1NC in his last 5 fights before Stevenson slept him

Cloud had just lost to 88yr old Hopkins

That gives you fighter of the year??

:dahell:

Not for you because you like that hype. Canelo squeeking by Trout dont make him a worthy scalp under no one's belt either....*says in Larry Holmes voice* if you wanna get technical about it. He was an undefeated champion. Ok, we'll give Floyd that though...it was a decent challenge...but what else? Guerrero? Decent guy, but win that earned him fight was over Berto who got stopped by Soto-Karass. Not much luster on that. 1 great win and 1 good win.

I know what you are getting at though. You riding for Swift. The Matthysse win was good...but shouldve been expected by anyone who knows boxing and doesnt get giddy over knockouts. The Judah win was solid at best. He climbed into contention by beating the untested Paris...but before that..when he was getting shut out by Khan....people doubted what Zab had left. 1 great win and 1 good win.

If Stevenson dominates Bellew....he should get it off of being highly active against top ranked championship caliber opponents. Maybe 3 very good wins (if you dont consider them great) and a decent win outweighs the other candidates. Activity against high level opposition has to be taken into account.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall praise Prov, Alvarado, Rios for the excitement they bring. Stevenson and his level of opposition is on a higher level than those guys. You praise Floyd for dominating. Well Stevenson is dominating and giving us something Floyd isnt. KO's. You have the best of both worlds right now with him. You have a guy who is fun to watch and is fighting a high level of opposition. Add in the fact that he is staying busy by giving us 3-4 fights a year, then I think thats what FOY is all about. Not about hype. Not about name recognition. But about what single fighter gave the fans the most for their money. What fighter gave us legitimate reasons to tune in regardless of media or network influence. For me its Stevenson.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yall praise Prov, Alvarado, Rios for the excitement they bring. Stevenson and his level of opposition is on a higher level than those guys. You praise Floyd for dominating. Well Stevenson is dominating and giving us something Floyd isnt. KO's. You have the best of both worlds right now with him. You have a guy who is fun to watch and is fighting a high level of opposition. Add in the fact that he is staying busy by giving us 3-4 fights a year, then I think thats what FOY is all about. Not about hype. Not about name recognition. But about what single fighter gave the fans the most for their money. What fighter gave us legitimate reasons to tune in regardless of media or network influence. For me its Stevenson.

I honestly don't see how anybody can really argue against Stevenson being fighter of the year.

10 years ago boxing fans would really enjoy seeing KO's at the top level. It was like the icing on the cake. Steward used to talk about that, even mentioned it during Pascal/Dawson. Nowadays it seems like everybody gets all excited to see anti-climatic boxing lessons almost to the point where nikkas start looking down on getting the knockout, even when that's one of the hardest things to do in a fight. I swear it's like the fukking twilight zone or some reversal type shyt.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps

This guy's gonna KO Pacquiao? :banderas:

tumblr_mj9x6d9JGq1qfirpxo3_250.gif

Manny's light work :skip:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I honestly don't see how anybody can really argue against Stevenson being fighter of the year.

10 years ago boxing fans would really enjoy seeing KO's at the top level. It was like the icing on the cake. Steward used to talk about that, even mentioned it during Pascal/Dawson. Nowadays it seems like everybody gets all excited to see anti-climatic boxing lessons almost to the point where nikkas start looking down on getting the knockout, even when that's one of the hardest things to do in a fight. I swear it's like the fukking twilight zone or some reversal type shyt.

Its real simple ko victorys over Dawson coming off a Ko L N Cloud coming off a Hopkins boxing lesson is not better then

Floyd Ws over Undefeated Canelo who out weighed him by 15+ pounds N Guerrero who hadn't lost in years

Garcia WS over Matthysse who was Godzilla N was "undefeated" according to stans N Judah

Rico over Donaire is better

Bradley beating Provodnikov N JMM is also better

:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Its real simple ko victorys over Dawson coming off a Ko L N Cloud coming off a Hopkins boxing lesson is not better then

Floyd Ws over Undefeated Canelo who out weighed him by 15+ pounds N Guerrero who hadn't lost in years

Garcia WS over Matthysse who was Godzilla N was "undefeated" according to stans N Judah

Rico over Donaire is better

Bradley beating Provodnikov N JMM is also better

:manny:

I see where you coming from, but @synistr pretty much broke everything down during his last several posts in this thread.

Just reread what he posted above breh. No need for me to repeat shyt, cuz you gon just disagree anyways. :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

I hate to say it, but you have to blame Floyd Mayweather and his "stans" for that.

Floyd is famous for saying, "the point is to hit and not be hit"....which is true. However, it is VERY difficult to obtain a knockout when you're not really looking to mix it up in there.

No matter what people say, Boxing for a BOXER is supposed to be win at all costs. However, Boxing for us FANS is supposed to be entertaining.

Can someone really say they were more entertained by Floyd vs Guerrero, Rigo vs Donaire, Bradley vs Marquez over Ortiz vs Berto, Rios vs Alvarado, Bradley vs Provodnikov?

I dont believe them.

I love the sweet science and love to watch someone give a "boxing lesson" to another fighter, BUT it has to be a fight a boxing clinic that's entertaining to ME such as Floyd vs Gatti/Floyd vs Corrales/Calzaghe vs Lacy/Hopkins vs Pavlik/Wright vs Trinidad etc. Fights where there's actually FIGHTING taking place alongside great defense.

Just my 2 Cents

#BandCamp