Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Manny was relvant to the discusiion and my argument on people over looking Shane just cause

What does Floyd house getting robbed, Floyd losing bets, Floyd wife leaving him have to do with boxing breh.........

Do you want me to up all the Floyd Mayweather smear campaigns regarding everything to do but about boxing you flooded up the ring with andddd your bytch ass ran to the Colisuem and posted cause you cant fight with the big boys over on this end

And what did I say bad about Manny here, he dominated Shane, a hurt Shane that should have never fought, it is what it is doesnt change the fact that the Manny domination haunted Shane

Just stop it breh:stopitslime:

:ahh: :umad:

Don't lash out at me breh.. go at the ones nikkas who made them threads lil nikka

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
looks like we might get ortiz vs mosley on the broner/maidana undercard :wow:

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions' scheduled Showtime pay-per-view, on December 14th, took a big hit on Tuesday, when the International Boxing Federation refused to sanction a junior middleweight title fight between IBF champion Carlos Molina (22-5-2, 6KOs) and the returning Victor Ortiz (29-4-2, 22KOs).

Golden Boy was working hard on trying to get Ortiz ranked at 154, but the sanctioning body held their position on refusing to allow the Molina fight to go forward (at least as a title fight). Ortiz, inactive since June 2012, was returning from back to back knockout defeats and had never fought above the welterweight limit.

"I just heard about it. I knew they were trying to get Ortiz ranked and obviously we wanted the fight, it's a high profile fight, number two on the card," said Molina's promoter, Leon Margules of Warriors Boxing, to BoxingScene.com.

The fight between Ortiz and Molina was the co-featured attraction to the headliner of Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana, taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Golden Boy's CEO, Richard Schaefer, is on his way to the East Coast, where his company is staging a Showtime televised tripleheader on Saturday night from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Because the IBF's decision came down a few hours ago, no determination had been made on whether or not Ortiz will remain on the card against a different opponent or if Golden Boy will put together an entirely new contest.

One possible option could be a fight between Ortiz and former three division world champion Shane Mosley, who on Monday officially withdrew from his Wednesday fight in Sydney with Anthony Mundine. The fight was scheduled to take place at junior middleweight and Mosley has gone through a very tough training camp.

Mosley had previously been offered a fight with Ortiz, but took a pass on the opportunity because Australian promoter Vlad Wharton promised a fee of $1 million dollars to face Mundine. Wharton advanced a sum of $300,000 but breached the agreement by failing to pay Mosley the remaining $700,000 before the fight.

James Prince, who manages Mosley, told BoxingScene that his fighter is certainly interested in fighting on December 14th with Ortiz - if the financial terms could be worked out.

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone know what type of numbers SMS promotions cards are doing at the gate?

How long do you think this promotion lasts? And with what success?

They finally got a website up after all this time.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nice site..50 needs to land that big star before they become big tho

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think Bradley choose to fight like that no more. I think Provo made him fight like that. Dude knows how to cut off the ring(well he is decent anyway).

You saying he Obliterated the top guy at 175 is muh. Dawson just came back from getting Knockout:ld:. And Cloud was never that good to me :manny:. He lost to G. Camp.

Dawson lost at 168...a division he hasnt fought in for years. He was still the king at 175. If Canelo knocks out Floyd people would say Floyd is no JMW. Dawson was not as strong at 168 and he found out the hard way. So I gotta give Stevenson from that. He beat a guy that was a full 175lber but got him out with the quickness. Cloud is very durable and a very strong aggressive fighter. My point is that...you would be hard pressed to find someone who can beat those two guys back to back. If Bernard couldnt do it....then that should tell you how tough it is. Even still, if someone did...would they do it like that? Stevenson's win over Dawson>>>Ward and for obvious reasons. Stevenson win over Cloud>>>Hopkins because Stevenson did the same thing as B-Hop, he outboxed him....then did what B-Hop couldnt do...stop him.

I am almost positive Bradley could box circles around Prov. That had nothing to do with cutting the ring off. Bradley came out aggressive from gate trying to spark dude out when he dont have KO power. It was downhill from there.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right so he should get credit for Knocking out somebody that just came off a Knock out.... I got you

breh...Dawson picked the wrong guy and fought him the wrong way, thats all it is to it. Dawson really had no built in excuse to lost to Stevenson like he did for Ward. I just dont see it. He was still the top guy at 175. it would be different if Dawson got KOed at 175 but he didnt. the Ward loss almost has nothing to do with the Stevenson loss.
Put it like this. If Canelo was the top guy at 154 then what has changed? FMJ is the best in the world. He will fight next at WW. That means the top guy not named Mayweather at 154 is still Canelo...because he didnt lose to any other 154lber yet. Get it?

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
He walked into the only punch he had to worry about, fukking with my % in the process. Get it together Chad.

:ld:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd doesnt fight enough to get fighter of the year IMO. It should be about the most impressive string of victories. The Guerrero victory really wasnt that impressive because Guerrero wont be favored against Khan, Broner, or Alexander. Likely not Thurman either. The Canelo victory was hyped to be more impressive but anybody with sense could tell you boy was gonna get that work.

Basically, its not too many candidates.

Floyd based on his boxing dominance
Stevenson based on him stepping up in class twice and barely breaking a sweat

you also have
Swift
Rigo

they have two strong signature wins where they were both underdogs in. very strong wins...(though Stevenson was underdog to Dawson too)

the Judah win was solid but not spectacular being that Zab is a bit past it
a win over King Kong will be solid but not spectacular because of Agbeko's absence from the ring and the fact that he is 2-3 in his last 5 fights and has had major gaps in his career.

Last edited: