Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black excellence :to:

Some truth to what he is saying but Floyd being the biggest draw in boxing kinda makes his point moot.

:wow: at him STILL looking up fights on Youtube to find things he can add to his gameplan, that's my GOAT :lawd:

doesnt make his point moot...just means that Floyd has become the exception to the rule. Floyd is a draw for a few different reasons, his boxing style being last on the list. So Bernard is right. Its people here in this forum that say Floyd is boring....much less the casual fan.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Farhood is dorky as hell, but I like him. He calls it like it is and seems to have a good judgment of the fight. I haven't be a SHO subscriber enough to listened to Tarver. Paulie is the guy now and has been on the FSN cards....not a fan.
I agree with you on Max. I really like the guy. He is a huge fan and I think he wants his career to be boxing - this HBO gig is probably his dream job - and I remember him from Around The Horn and then they pushed him out after he made that show...I am glad he has rebounded and has done well, he seems like he is very credible and has lots of integrity. His interview with Alvarado last night showed that IMO. Alvarado has to give that interview or risks creating rifts at HBO. Max did a good job of allowing Alvarado to not feel disrespected when his ego was clearly hurt and didn't want to be there.
HBO has always been my fav, maybe it is because what I am familiar with. Love him or hate him, I think Lampley controls a broadcast very skillfully (a la Bob Costas)...now with that skill he can certainly direct it to his agenda, but no one can be the lead guy of a broadcast even close to him.
I like Roy...could there be someone better...sure, but I think his insights are pretty spot on. He definitely isn't George Foreman good - when George was on :wow:, but sometimes George was humorously off. Overall I think Roy does a good job, he isn't flashy, but I don't think he stands out in a bad way...which too many fighters do in that position.

I like Farhood too. I like mostly everyone that Sho puts on and I forgot about Trout...I really liked him. Paulie is ok, so far he hasnt really stood out to me though. Yes, Roy is good, really good when he gets animated. He has good analysis even if not in depth sometimes. He keeps it basic...but hey...thats a plus for the casual fan as so they can keep up. I think thats Roy's strength. As I said though...I used to like Lennox...and shame Tarver got let go after the roids situation.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the crazy thing about it is...everything Bob is saying is correct but at the same time....he is the promoter and its his job promote. Rigo's style isnt any less entertaining that FMJ. TR needs to do their job as far as promoting and matchmaking. Rigo's biggest problem is not being able to transcend his marketability due to the language barrier. You must have something to offset the imbalance. Casamayor couldnt speak English either but he did have a more entertaining style coupled with the divisions he was in were pretty hot at the time.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
1398270_385512104885571_99928162_o.jpg

:takedat: :whew:

Seniesa Estrada

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
do yall agree with b hop?

I salute him for being old as shyt and still
doing his thing but :camby:

Ain't nobody trying watch a nikka clinch his opponent 926899 times a round.... I literally wanted to kill myself watching him fight Calzaghe..

nikka talking bout Leonard and Robinson would be boring :skip: :childplease: stop it slime

Its one thing to duck a punch coming at you, but when you just barely engaging just trying to win off points and counter hit jabs not trying to risk your health too (but you making millions) , you can't get mad if nikkas is like :comeon:

As far as i'm concerned if your goal in a fight is anything other than knocking your opponent the fukk out you're in the wrong sport..

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I salute him for being old as shyt and still
doing his thing but :camby:

Ain't nobody trying watch a nikka clinch his opponent 926899 times a round.... I literally wanted to kill myself watching him fight Calzaghe..

nikka talking bout Leonard and Robinson would be boring :skip: :childplease: stop it slime

Its one thing to duck a punch coming at you, but when you just barely engaging just trying to win off points and counter hit jabs not trying to risk your health too (but you making millions) , you can't get mad if nikkas is like :comeon:

As far as i'm concerned if your goal in a fight is anything other than knocking your opponent the fukk out you're in the wrong sport..

(applause)
love Bhop, one of my favs but if you give him enough time to talk he starts to sound like he is full of shyt.....which is a shame because he drops jewels when he wants to

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Who the fukk fights on a Wednesday? That alone should be enough to make Shane retire.
I see 6 daps on this post, and I can confidently say.. y'all don't know shyt about Australian boxing :win:

all their big fights are on Wednesday over there for some reason. It's their "American boxing" Saturday night.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
doesnt make his point moot...just means that Floyd has become the exception to the rule. Floyd is a draw for a few different reasons, his boxing style being last on the list. So Bernard is right. Its people here in this forum that say Floyd is boring....much less the casual fan.

Did you miss the part where I said there is truth to what he is saying friend?

Floyd heeling it up helped him draw but I think people are more appreciative of his style now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Both crews are homers, but I can't stand Showtime's commentating...I grew up on HBO though. Al Bernstein is really knowledgeable, but Mauro and Paulie are pretty bad. Being a former fighter shows you may not know how to judge a fight, because Paulie's cards are always :what:.
Surprisingly Kellerman has done a great job of replacing Merchant. That wasn't an easy task - especially since Merchant always was the one to break away from the corporate agenda. Lampley isn't what he used to be and he definitely can play the home team card...but his command over a broadcast is amazing. Personally as far as former boxing athlete analysts go, I like RJJ. I think he does a really nice job in calling what is happening, correcting on what punches are landing...he had Prov's game plan dialed in from the beginning and called that it would be the body shots to end Alvarado's night. Just one example...but I feel he is right a lot. I never have gotten the hate that some have for Roy. :yeshrug:
I am pretty cool with Showtime's crew and I actually like Paulie on commentary better than any of the other ex-boxers that they have had with the exception of Bobby Czyz who I thought did a really good job in the role. If only he wasn't a drunk who kept getting DUIs.

Max has gotten progressively worse over the years and this is coming from a Kellerman fan. I still respect his enthusiasm for the sport but he tries to hard to show his boxing nerd cred and it comes off forced as fukk.
The shyt he kept saying about watching Vasyl Lomachenko's right foot in his match on the Bradley/Marquez PPV was so stupid. he kept mentioning Lomanchenko's right foot and how attention should be paid to the fact that he kept it outside of Ramirez's left foot as if that was some secret bit of wisdom that only he knew. That is southpaw 101.

I can tolerate Max more than Lampley though who just pisses me off.

I would still take Al Albert and Sean O'Grady over every other broadcast team on TV right now. How O'Grady never got another high profile commentary gig after USA Tuesday Night fight's got canceled is a mystery to me.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:heh: The irony of someone who washes they baby fat having hands with palm olive calling someone a fakkit !

To answer your question though yes for the most part its why I dapped the video.

You are a fakkit... there's nothing ironic about it... :heh: this weirdo trying to imagine what I wash my
hands with :mjpls: