Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#9 ranked Flyweight Luis Concepcion vs. Carlos Ruiz

Sleeper and overshadowed by the HBO fight, but what a fight...

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Really? Because Jim Lampley (and HBO as a network) rode no one's sick like they did Oscar de la Hoya. It was like the announcers were given a memo to only say positive shyt about Oscar at all times.
If you could put up with that then the Manny love should not even register.

Oh no don't get it twisted, that DLH love got on my damn nerves and I was a huge DLH fan, but damn! Now, when Pac started to rise it was cool......until he hit his prime:snoop: that shyt went overboard and I would mute not oly Pac fights but HBO fights in general. Showtime has been my fav for years.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh no don't get it twisted, that DLH love got on my damn nerves and I was a huge DLH fan, but damn! Now, when Pac started to rise it was cool......until he hit his prime:snoop: that shyt went overboard and I would mute not oly Pac fights but HBO fights in general. Showtime has been my fav for years.
Well I think HBO needs to overhaul their entire broadcast team. Max sucks, Lampley has been awful for close to a decade now and Harold Lederman must have Alzheimer's. I would keep Roy for color commentary and toss everyone else in the bushes.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/top-rank-option-co-promote-one-provodnikov-bout--70826

by David P. Greisman

Though there is not a rematch clause mandating another bout between Mike Alvarado and Ruslan Provodnikov, that doesn’t mean a rematch isn’t still a possibility, according to Provodnikov’s promoter, Artie Pelullo of Banner Promotions.

“There’s a one-fight option with Top Rank. We’ll co-promote,” Pelullo told BoxingScene.com after Provodnikov’s 10th-round stoppage of Alvarado on Saturday night in Broomfield, Colo. “It could be a rematch, absolutely.”

Precisely what happens with Provodnikov, Banner Promotions and Top Rank will be determined by the two promoters, he said.

“We’ll find out when we decide together,” Pelullo said.

As for whether Pelullo would like Provodnikov-Alvarado 2 to take place?

“I think I would do what’s best for all concerns,” he said. “I think Alvarado, if he wants a rematch and Ruslan agrees, I think he should get one.”

Rocky 2 starring Timothy Bradley and Ruslan Provodnikov :ohhh:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One thing I noticed was that Rios did far less to get a stoppage against Alvarado than Ruslan did.

Also, Alvarado did NOT beat that first 10 count. Reminded me of Martinez vs. Cintron. I was looking like :what:

Reffing can be so inconsistent.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Damn, who heard that Ruslan said he was pissing black after the Bradley fight?! How had this not been widely reported along with the Tim Bradley not speaking right for 2 months.
That was a war. :damn:

Tim said himself that he was fukked up for about 3 months. He said he didn't feel 100% until training camp for Marquez.

By the way. Tim made jmm look far more amateur than I remember.