Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Real talk. What guys like SRR, Henry Armstrong, and Willie Pep were doing back in the day were unbelievable.

I mean Henry Armstrong held 3 titles in 3 different divisions at the same damn time (Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight). Mind you there were only 10 divisions and 1 belt per division at the time. So he held 3 of the 10 titles, all while regularly fighting guys that had 15-20 lbs on him :ohhh: That's fukking incredible :wow: Unheard of in today's era.

That's why I can't really count any new era boxer as the GOAT or even Top 10. It's just not comparable and way too unfair.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
watching the fight now since I went out last night. shyt look dope so far.....
I just watched it cause I was out last night too and I was shocked as fukk that Provodikov broke Alvarado down like that.
I am officially co-signing Ruslan's statement that Tim Bradley didn't brawl by choice but rather was forced into it by the pressure Ruslan's put on him.
That's my former ESPN Friday Night Fights brawler turned Champeen of the World.:salute:

Ruslan's moms looks like she steps in as his sparring partner sometimes though.:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

#4 ranked Light Welterweight Mike Alvarado vs. #8 ranked Light Welterweight Ruslan Provodnikov

:whew: How did Herrera beat THIS guy...

:whew: indeed !!! Ruslan "The Siberian Rocky", The Machine", "The Real Ivan Drago", "The Frozen Thunder from The Siberian Tundra" Provodnikov man I love this guy more and more everytime I see him fight.

A bit to one sided for fight of the year but certainly a contender for ass whooping of the year! :whew: at the 8th round if it wasnt for the incredible courage and heart Mike showed in the last 30-35 seconds of the round to not only regain his legs but to also put together some nice offense I would have given Ruslan the rare 10-6 round. I had it 98-89 (had the 10th 10-8) Great job by Tony Weeks and Rudy Hernadez to end the fight when they did because Ruslan might have ended Mike's career.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Real talk. What guys like SRR, Henry Armstrong, and Willie Pep were doing back in the day were unbelievable.

I mean Henry Armstrong held 3 titles in 3 different divisions at the same damn time (Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight). Mind you there were only 10 divisions and 1 belt per division at the time. So he held 3 of the 10 titles, all while regularly fighting guys that had 15-20 lbs on him :ohhh: That's fukking incredible :wow: Unheard of in today's era.

That's why I can't really count any new era boxer as the GOAT or even Top 10. It's just not comparable and way too unfair.

he almost won the middleweight title too but was held to a draw

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lampley, shut the fukk up!

I liked Jim until Pac surfaced.
Really? Because Jim Lampley (and HBO as a network) rode no one's dikk like he did Oscar de la Hoya. It was like the announcers were given a memo to only say positive shyt about Oscar at all times.
If you could put up with that then the Manny love should not even register.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#4 ranked Robert Stieglitz vs. Isaac Ekpo

Well, he's fulfilled his end of the obligation, now it's up to AA next weekend...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
http://www.toprank.tv/index.jsp
You can watch the Juan Diaz fight here in case you missed it

Ready for the top guys?......maybe......
I had no clue the Baby Bull was back fighting...I figured he graduated from law school and was representing illegal immigrants against deportation nowadays.