Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Im sure all the people that have Broner getting knocked out in his next fight will say Maidana wasn't that good anyway after Broner wins :lolbron:
He's not that good, a dummy fighter with a crackable chin, he's the easiest touch for Broner available

I wont even acknowledge a WW Broner

Until he beats

Guerrero who's name he cant even mumble since they are in the same division
Thurman, young very good stud
Alexander

GB had all these names they could have threw in there with Broner along with Zab, Khan, Brook, alexander, Mosley. They wont put him in with these names is because they fear Broner will be exposed, even Cano who lost to shot Mosley was able to beat a Paulie fukking Malinaggi

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not that good, a dummy fighter with a crackable chin, he's the easiest touch for Broner available

Until he beats

Alexander

GB had all these names they could have threw in there with Broner along with Zab, Khan, Brook, alexander, Mosley. They wont put him in with these names is because they fear Broner will be exposed, even Cano who lost to shot Mosley was able to beat a Paulie fukking Malinaggi

Preach. :ohlawd:

Guererro is a dangerous fight because he is such a rough guy with a lot of experience and decent skills. Thurman is a threat because of that power and youth. Alexander is a threat to outbox him, especially with the jab. Maidana is the least threat out of the 4 because his skills are the worst of all 4 and his power is overrated.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Broner will beat Maidana. Maidana has crazy power but isn't very skilled. He struggled with old, fat Morlaes and Josesito was giving him that work until that Hail Mary came through

Just nobody can tell me that Broner had an 'easy fight' with Paulie or that he 'dominated'. You could tell how Broner was frustrated cause he was fighting dirty as fukk. Hitting and holding, kicking Paulie's balls (how did a point not get taken a way for this :what:), he threw a superman punch at one point ffs

Yep. He beat Paulie. Clear....but close! That fight was close. There is a thing called ring generalship. I'll bet people wouldnt have thought going in that Broner wouldnt let his hands go as little as he did. I seriously expected him to walk Paulie down in the later rounds and break him down to the body. He sorta did this but to a low degree. When you limit a great offensive fighter's punch output....you should get credit right there. Broner threw almost as many punches against Demarco in 8 rounds.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie has had a fine career considering the style of fighter he is and he can actually put two sentences together without sounding like a complete idiot so he gets a point for that too.

And until Broner beats somebody (and an aged Paulie Malignaggi aint somebody) I will continue to look at him as a potential Jeff Lacey...all hype till he ran into a legit top level fighter that exposed him.
So getting a close decision over Paulie and getting touched way too much by a leprechaun in the fight before is not all that impressive.

Paulie still pretty good breh. His boxing ability is still on championship level and anyone under that level will likely lose to him.

Jeff Lacy? cotdamn bro! :russ: Broner aint that bad...I hope. Right now he is looking like a Zab-career caliber fighter..with a lil more of a head start. I really dont think WW is where he will have the most shelf life. I think after Maidana he will be looking at 140 seriously.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still bad to compare the two since Ponce De Leon and Paulie are better names than anybody Lacy has ever beaten.

Saying if Paulie had power is like saying what if Zab would have been focused more...nikkas would be different fighters and not the ones we know to today.

I'm not even saying Broner is perfect or some heir, but nikkas is shytting on dude unfairly. Dude has skills, gotten popular, and is entertaining and nikkas is holding that against him. :snoop: fukking twilight zone I swear. Broner has done more at this point than Lacy did before the Calzaghe fight so of course he might be more hyped. We just gonna agree to disagree. No need to keep going back and forth breh.

There's just certain nikkas the Coli don't like (Broner and Manny) I get that. It's cool

Carry on with your regularly scheduled posting

Real talk my nig. I liked Broner. Even after he was listed so high on P4P list unfairly. I really really like his fighting style. Then....its the people that make him out to be so much more than what he is at this stage that makes it hard for you to like him. Its like Oscar was early in his career. shyt was disgusting. Yall do know that guys come in and fight at the lowest possible weight they can stand to gather up titles from guys who are nothing more than easy touches? One thing about Oscar though....as much as I hated him....he did step up and take some dangerous fights. He didnt duck many people. About the only person he didnt fight was Vernon Forrest. He got some gifts...but he fought some bad asses. Chavez, Whitaker, Quartey, Tito, B-Hop. Below that level.....he fought Ruelas, Molina, Hernandez, MAGO, Oba Carr, a middleweight Sturm. All of those fighters are better than ANYBODY Broner has beaten with the exception of Paulie.

Broner is not a king of anything yet..but let nikkas tell it. Let's not pretend like any decent fighter cant pick up (paper) titles with the right promotional team and network behind him. :rudy:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

Until he beats

Alexander

Fair enough.

Just remember, Broner told us after he beat Paulie, he was gonna let the fans choose his opponent. They're the ones that made this match with Maidana, not GB. It's really not on them.

As far as Guerrero, it's being reported that he's waiting for the winner of this fight. So if Broner wins (and I'm 95% sure he will), that's a fight we might see next.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Australian Blake Caparello and his enigmatic American counterpart Allan Green went face-to-face for the final time at yesterday’s weigh-in at the Bayview at the Park Hotel ahead of their scheduled clash for the vacant IBO light heavyweight title tonight from The Melbourne Pavilion. Controversy struck went it became apparent that, Green, 34, was not going to make the contracted weight of 175 pounds – making it the second consecutive fight where the former world title challenger and Super Six contestant has come in overweight. Caparello, 27, weighed in at a comfortable 174 pounds, while Green looked fleshy while officially weighing in at 180 pounds.

Its obvious now that Green's main problem in his career was his work ethic. He just dont seem serious. Now that he has made a lil money, he really gives no fukks. Someone mentioned about how Miranda went up in weight. I maintain...like Mickey Ward said....most fighters move up because they dont want to do what it takes (training and eating habits) to stay at their most effective weight. Green is a 168lber. Miranda shouldve stayed at MW. The best Green and Miranda you saw was when they faced each other.

SN: :scusthov: at all these guys from overseas calling up these washed up bums or never-has-beens to pad their records. Caparello hold victories over Pryor Jr and Dante Craig. :stopitslime:

:camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair enough.

Just remember, Broner told us after he beat Paulie, he was gonna let the fans choose his opponent. They're the ones that made this match with Maidana, not GB. It's really not on them.

As far as Guerrero, it's being reported that he's waiting for the winner of this fight. So if Broner wins (and I'm 95% sure he will), that's a fight we might see next.

The list excluded FMJ, Alexander, and Khan. The rest was made up of GBP fighters...all of whom were unavailable EXCEPT for Maidana.
Lets look at it this way...what if we did a vote here on the Coli?
We are talking about casual fans doing this voting. Most of them dont even know who Keith Thurman is. Yet in the Coli more of us would vote for Thurman over Maidana.
Its semantics. fukk who his next opponent "Should Be"....the Coli fam needs to weigh in on who we WANT TO SEE. Hell, even I picked Maidana as the fight he SHOULD have. Thats not who I would rather see though. Would much rather see Thurman or Guerrero. If people voted just on the fact that Maidana can punch...then that tells you they dont know shyt about boxing. Which is the reason why Matthysse was #1 in votes. :usure:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair enough.

I would be surprised to see Ghost get a fight with AB unless he is a mandatory or something. Ghost makes opponents look bad, he is rough (you definitely wont walk away unscathed), and he is not a huge draw.

Broner's future opponents will be a list of Floyd's leftovers. I will look for them to try and get Shane next should he beat Mundine.....and look for Zab. Ortiz would be in the running if they werent expecting Molina to lay down for him and come off that belt so Ortiz can be Canelo's next meal.

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I would be surprised to see Ghost get a fight with AB unless he is a mandatory or something. Ghost makes opponents look bad, he is rough (you definitely wont walk away unscathed), and he is not a huge draw.

Broner's future opponents will be a list of Floyd's leftovers. I will look for them to try and get Shane next should he beat Mundine.....and look for Zab. Ortiz would be in the running if they werent expecting Molina to lay down for him and come off that belt so Ortiz can be Canelo's next meal.
I personally would like to see Broner/Ghost. Not a fan of Guerrero, but he's a tough fighter.

I'd be ok with Zab, but a nikka ain't tryna see old ass Shane Mosley :aicmon:

Still hoping he knocks out that fukkboy Mundine, which he probably will

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

From My sources Guerrero May get Khan, since Khan ducked a easy touch in Alexander

LMAO for days if this happens to Amir:bryan:

I dont understand what makes him think he gets a shot by sitting on his ass.......

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From My sources Guerrero May get Khan, since Khan ducked a easy touch in Alexander

LMAO for days if this happens to Amir:bryan:

I dont understand what makes him think he gets a shot by sitting on his ass.......

Khan's days are numbered. He wasnt gonna beat Alexander anyway....if he gets Guerrero...thats a fight I wouldnt want. He may escape with a win but he will surely be pushed to the brink and will have to do all he can to walk away with a win.