Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
JCCjr gonna start training in Oxnard with Robert Garcia :ohhh:

No more Roach:ohlawd:

A world class trainer thats goin improve Jccjr skills:ooh:

Vera :ufdup:

#chavezcoalition:myman:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Pauletta got his ass whipped by Broner and he still crying:bryan:

"I came to Brooklyn, I took his belt, and I took his girl" - About Billions:whew:

That ETHER was real:umad:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
"it's nerd stuff at the end of the day" :laff:

so agree with that

:laff: paulie went in and dissed the whole boxing media on some really minor points, kinda fukked up.. he's not making any friends but hey :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
in the middle of literally 3 straight months of boxing

technically it's 2 months, 3 weeks, but close enough

and the weakest card is the week they throw Andre Ward a bone
Have they announced the full card yet?
Because until I hear what else will be on the card the distinction for weakest card of the fall will remain that bullshyt Bradley/JMM card that Arum put out.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Have they announced the full card yet?
Because until I hear what else will be on the card the distinction for weakest card of the fall will remain that bullshyt Bradley/JMM card that Arum put out.
lara/trout, bika/dirrelll, danny jacobs (maybe)

a solid night of boxing I think.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Pauletta got his ass whipped by Broner and he still crying:bryan:

"I came to Brooklyn, I took his belt, and I took his girl" - About Billions:whew:

That ETHER was real:umad:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

Paulie is on some sore loser shyt for real. He hates Broner because dude represents everything he always wanted his career to be...exciting, networks actually wanting to work with him and not because of some promotional favor, young fans tuning in to see him fight, the hip-hop word giving him props, flashy, etc...

Dude always tried to be flashy with the dumbass haircuts and boxing trunks, but nobody gave a fukk because he couldn't do anything but throw pity pat jabs and circle the ring. Just another bitter fukk that should be grateful his career lasted this long. He wouldn't have even gotten the fight with Zab if he wasn't from Brooklyn too. Dude always has some factor to pull himself in, whether it's a belt, hometown, commentator gig, his mouth, etc...None of it rarely has to do with his boxing skills.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
everyone sees broner is a clown except the ratchet ass WSHH crowd that follows him, I sincerely doubt he'd want to have the same style :bryan:

you also think broner gets where he is without haymon "promotional favors"? :mjpls:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Paulie is on some sore loser shyt for real. He hates Broner because dude represents everything he always wanted his career to be...exciting, networks actually wanting to work with him and not because of some promotional favor, young fans tuning in to see him fight, the hip-hop word giving him props, flashy, etc...

Dude always tried to be flashy with the dumbass haircuts and boxing trunks, but nobody gave a fukk because he couldn't do anything but throw pity pat jabs and circle the ring. Just another bitter fukk that should be grateful his career lasted this long. He wouldn't have even gotten the fight with Zab if he wasn't from Brooklyn too. Dude always has some factor to pull himself in, whether it's a belt, hometown, commentator gig, his mouth, etc...None of it rarely has to do with his boxing skills.
:whew:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everyone sees broner is a clown except the ratchet ass WSHH crowd that follows him, I sincerely doubt he'd want to have the same style :bryan:

you also think broner gets where he is without haymon "promotional favors"? :mjpls:

exactly. when u point that out its pure hate though :rudy:
fact is, the game has changed from when Paulie came in and from when Broner came in. Haymon and GBP were a big part of that change. Paulie has done well for himself and regardless of if he has pity pat punches or not...he is a damn good fighter. I always say, if a fighter has zero punching power, why dont opponents just tee off on them? it aint as easy as it looks.

as far as Broner...he is the sport's heir apparent to Floyd. whether he is that good or not...its irrelevant. the game always needs a "next up". when Magic and Bird were on the way out it was MJ, when MJ was on the way out it was Shaq and Kobe, etc. Along the way there were some who initially looked the part but ultimately fizzled out. We will see about AB.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The Al Haymon connect always helps, but being a young black skilled boxing showmen definitely plays a part.

*Paulie was always a promoter's nightmare.
-no power
-good chin and tough, so he wasn't get ko'ed so the Khan factor of (he might get KO'ed) was always missing and took away some excitement in fights
-wack skill set. (could only jab and circle the ring) his overall boxing gets overrated
-big mouth (always bytched and complained even though his career has always been a big lucky break)
-loses every big fight and stinks out the other fights and still gets tv dates
- no real fanbase, got booed after the Cano fight.
- shyts on other boxers and then goes on to get his ass kicked by them (most notably the Hatton fight and to a lesser extent Broner)

now compare that too

*Broner.....
- solid power and likes to close the show
- destroys lesser competition instead of coasting or struggling with them
- good personality and gives interesting interviews. never seems to bytch n moan that much
- all around good skill set. (doesn't just rely on one move or punch
- hasn't lost or gotten dominated in his step up or big fights....so far
- has a real fanbase
- does act reckless and do stupid shyt (flushing money down the toilet, eating strippers out) nobody's perfect
- gives to back to the community (paid a lady $200 to take her spot in line at the DMV)

If you had a choice between representing either of the two, you can't tell me you'd be jumping at promoting Paulie over Broner. Yeah Broner might be a clown or whatever, but Paulie is a clown in a different way. :russ:
Bottomline, Broner has always had a higher ceiling than Paulie, if you can't see that then :manny:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
exactly. when u point that out its pure hate though :rudy:
fact is, the game has changed from when Paulie came in and from when Broner came in. Haymon and GBP were a big part of that change. Paulie has done well for himself and regardless of if he has pity pat punches or not...he is a damn good fighter. I always say, if a fighter has zero punching power, why dont opponents just tee off on them? it aint as easy as it looks.

as far as Broner...he is the sport's heir apparent to Floyd. whether he is that good or not...its irrelevant. the game always needs a "next up". when Magic and Bird were on the way out it was MJ, when MJ was on the way out it was Shaq and Kobe, etc. Along the way there were some who initially looked the part but ultimately fizzled out. We will see about AB.
Broner aint shyt bro, until he proves otherwise......................................

Thats all that needs to be said.......