Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Paulie is on some sore loser shyt for real. He hates Broner because dude represents everything he always wanted his career to be...exciting, networks actually wanting to work with him and not because of some promotional favor, young fans tuning in to see him fight, the hip-hop word giving him props, flashy, etc...

Dude always tried to be flashy with the dumbass haircuts and boxing trunks, but nobody gave a fukk because he couldn't do anything but throw pity pat jabs and circle the ring. Just another bitter fukk that should be grateful his career lasted this long. He wouldn't have even gotten the fight with Zab if he wasn't from Brooklyn too. Dude always has some factor to pull himself in, whether it's a belt, hometown, commentator gig, his mouth, etc...None of it rarely has to do with his boxing skills.
Paulie has had a fine career considering the style of fighter he is and he can actually put two sentences together without sounding like a complete idiot so he gets a point for that too.

And until Broner beats somebody (and an aged Paulie Malignaggi aint somebody) I will continue to look at him as a potential Jeff Lacey...all hype till he ran into a legit top level fighter that exposed him.
So getting a close decision over Paulie and getting touched way too much by a leprechaun in the fight before is not all that impressive.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Paulie has had a fine career considering the style of fighter he is and he can actually put two sentences together without sounding like a complete idiot so he gets a point for that too.

And until Broner beats somebody (and an aged Paulie Malignaggi aint somebody) I will continue to look at him as a potential Jeff Lacey...all hype till he ran into a legit top level fighter that exposed him.
So getting a close decision over Paulie and getting touched way too much by a leprechaun in the fight before is not all that impressive.

Paulie aint a somebody, but then you saying he's had a fine career. nikkas can't even make up their mind. I can't even take you serious if you're comparing Lacy to Broner in any capacity so carry on.

*puts up yellow caution tape*

No need to go any further here folks

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Paulie aint a somebody, but then you saying he's had a fine career. nikkas can't even make up their mind. I can't even take you serious if you're comparing Lacy to Broner in any capacity so carry on.

*puts up yellow caution tape*

No need to go any further here folks
I guess you completely missed the qualification I gave of Paulie having a fine career considering his style of fighting. And Paulie has had a fine career considering he has no power and is not exceptional in any other area either. He's won titles and made a nice living in the sport but beating Paulie Malignagi is not a major accomplishment in 2013 (hell it was barely a major accomplishment in 2008) so pointing to that as a fighter's signature achievement is lame.
And if you can't see the similarities in the hype machines backing Lacy and Broner then you are just not looking close enough. Two overhyped dudes who were considered "The Future of Boxing" before they beat anyone worth a damn.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I guess you completely missed the qualification I gave of Paulie having a fine career considering his style of fighting. And Paulie has had a fine career considering he has no power and is not exceptional in any other area either. He's won titles and made a nice living in the sport but beating Paulie Malignagi is not a major accomplishment in 2013 (hell it was barely a major accomplishment in 2008) so pointing to that as a fighter's signature achievement is lame.
And if you can't see the similarities in the hype machines backing Lacy and Broner then you are just not looking close enough. Two overhyped dudes who were considered "The Future of Boxing" before they beat anyone worth a damn.
This Paulie mops the floor with a majority from 135-147 if he had some pop, he has the balls to stand in the eye of the storm throwing slaps vs decent punchers all his career, and has kept himself at championship level throughout despite his deficiencies

And Paulie easily won at least 6 rounds, the only decision I could accept or that match is a draw, will people here continue dikkriding acting bytch made and pretend that at least 75% of posters here wasn't livid about the bullshyt decision and felt Paulie won:comeon:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

:snoop:

If you can't see that Broner is overall just a much better fighter than Lacy than there's no need of continuing this shyt. Both guys were hyped, Yes. Both were exciting. Yes, but that's where it stops.

Paulie's career has been decent, but dude still comes off as a bitter fukk that wishes he was appreciated more than he should be.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:snoop:

If you can't see that Broner is overall just a much better fighter than Lacy than there's no need of continuing this shyt. Both guys were hyped, Yes. Both were exciting. Yes, but that's where it stops.

Paulie's career has been decent, but dude still comes off as a bitter fukk that wishes he was appreciated more than he should be.
You are reading too much into my statement and getting focused on a point that I never made...I am not comparing the two as fighters (in terms of talent or styles) but rather as both being overhyped before either one had beaten anybody of note and no matter how much you want to argue the point Broner has not beaten anyone of note yet.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This Paulie mops the floor with a majority from 135-147 if he had some pop, he has the balls to stand in the eye of the storm throwing slaps vs decent punchers all his career, and has kept himself at championship level throughout despite his deficiencies

And Paulie easily won at least 6 rounds, the only decision I could accept or that match is a draw, will people here continue dikkriding acting bytch made and pretend that at least 75% of posters here wasn't livid about the bullshyt decision and felt Paulie won:comeon:
If Paulie had punching power he would have been a fukking mega-star.
A fast talking, charismatic American white dude who could punch? White America been looking for one of those for a while now to no avail.
He'd have been on Wheaties boxes and hawking Subway sandwiches as "America's Sweetheart".

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I actually like Broner and had him winning the Malignaggi fight 115-113 but I don't feel he is some heir apparent as so many others make him out to be.\

Also, he lost to Ponce. Now that was a bullshyt decision

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You are reading too much into my statement and getting focused on a point that I never made...I am not comparing the two as fighters (in terms of talent or styles) but rather as both being overhyped before either one had beaten anybody of note and no matter how much you want to argue the point Broner has not beaten anyone of note yet.

It's still bad to compare the two since Ponce De Leon and Paulie are better names than anybody Lacy has ever beaten.

Saying if Paulie had power is like saying what if Zab would have been focused more...nikkas would be different fighters and not the ones we know to today.

I'm not even saying Broner is perfect or some heir, but nikkas is shytting on dude unfairly. Dude has skills, gotten popular, and is entertaining and nikkas is holding that against him. :snoop: fukking twilight zone I swear. Broner has done more at this point than Lacy did before the Calzaghe fight so of course he might be more hyped. We just gonna agree to disagree. No need to keep going back and forth breh.

There's just certain nikkas the Coli don't like (Broner and Manny) I get that. It's cool

Carry on with your regularly scheduled posting

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
He felt he won a fight where it was clearly evident Broner was flustered , when the world could see, he aint do shyt, how Broner beat paulie, by getting handcuffed by punches all night and throwing 15 punches a round landing like 4. Anybody spewing this foolishness that Broner dominated Paulie can sukk my dikk bottom line:pachaha:

Showtime shut Paulie up for a reason..........

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He felt he won a fight where it was clearly evident Broner was flustered , when the world could see, he aint do shyt, how Broner beat paulie, by getting handcuffed by punches all night and throwing 15 punches a round landing like 4. Anybody spewing this foolishness that Broner dominated Paulie can sukk my dikk bottom line:pachaha:

Showtime shut Paulie up for a reason..........
Ain't you see the Compubox stats? Broner landed nearly 250 punches and had a Joe Calzaghe like workrate the 2nd half of the fight :troll:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Ain't you see the Compubox stats? Broner landed nearly 250 punches and had a Joe Calzaghe like workrate the 2nd half of the fight :troll:
The compubox that disappeared after like 4 rounds where Paulie was dominating them, then reappeared at the end with Broner who threw no more than 15 punches per round mysteriously ahead:comeon:

Edit:Nevermind so angry about this I couldnt notice you agreeing

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Im sure all the people that have Broner getting knocked out in his next fight will say Maidana wasn't that good anyway after Broner wins :lolbron:
Nah, Broner will beat Maidana. Maidana has crazy power but isn't very skilled. He struggled with old, fat Morlaes and Josesito was giving him that work until that Hail Mary came through

Just nobody can tell me that Broner had an 'easy fight' with Paulie or that he 'dominated'. You could tell how Broner was frustrated cause he was fighting dirty as fukk. Hitting and holding, kicking Paulie's balls (how did a point not get taken a way for this :what:), he threw a superman punch at one point ffs