Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not surprised... this dude dont have shyt on Cotto and good thing he has Freddie as a trainer.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it'll never happen cuz they both Rican but I think Cotto would be a good fight for Danny Garcia

If Cotto really wanted to, he could go down to 147, & position himself for another Mayweather fight. I don't really think any 147 lber can fukk with him besides Mayweather & Pac (which will never happen again).

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Donaire reduced to HBO undercard status :deadrose:

does HBO have Boxing After Dark anymore?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was just a beautiful performance. Cotto was extremely aggressive & he really didn't get hit at all

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Yall can't be serious about Floyd/Cotto 2. Floyd fought a different fight by choice and when he took it back to the middle Cotto faltered bad. It'll be worse if they fought now, stop getting hype and in the moment. Great fight by Cotto but come on, this isn't a gauge of how another Mayweather fight will go.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall can't be serious about Floyd/Cotto 2. Floyd fought a different fight by choice and when he took it back to the middle Cotto faltered bad. It'll be worse if they fought now, stop getting hype and in the moment. Great fight by Cotto but come on, this isn't a gauge of how another Mayweather fight will go.

naw let the media and fans hype up cotto and floyd would win again and get another huge payday

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall can't be serious about Floyd/Cotto 2. Floyd fought a different fight by choice and when he took it back to the middle Cotto faltered bad. It'll be worse if they fought now, stop getting hype and in the moment.

This is a business & it's about what fight that generates the most money. Due to the nature of the first fight, & if Cotto went down to 147 to generate interest like beating an Alexander, Khan, etc , as well as being a huge draw, he would be an attractive opponent. The reality of it is Cotto is adamant about staying at 154 so it won't happen.

Please don't tell me you believe that Floyd fought a different fight by choice. Cotto made him fight. That fight right there is the reason why he switched back to his father. Money himself said he had to switch back to his father for this final run.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
This is a business & it's about what fight that generates the most money. Due to the nature of the first fight, & if Cotto went down to 147 to generate interest like beating an Alexander, Khan, etc he would be an attractive opponent. The reality of it is Cotto is adamant about staying at 154 so it won't happen.

Please don't tell me you believe that Floyd fought a different fight by choice. Cotto made him fight. That fight right there is the reason why he switched back to his father. Cotto made him fight. That fight right there is the reason why he switched back to his father.

Yes, I do believe that because Mayweather wanted to go toe to toe like he did with Mosely (which almost got his ass KO'd) and he said after the fight that he "wanted to give the fans what they wanted" and he was going for a KO. He laid on the ropes, Cotto didnt force Floyd there, but he did keep a jab in Floyd's face and off balance at times. He got his pops back for defensive purposes, pops is the opposite of uncle when it comes to fighting styles, unc likes KOs, pops likes defense and methodical breaking down of opponents.