Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Its hard to say because Ouma was never really prime. When he was winning he was partying and drinking heavy. The best Ouma couldve beaten a lot of guys and I would pick him over Martinez. Ouma was similar to a poor man's Aaron Pryor at 154.
That's my child soldier :to:

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
if you aren't based here, you'd have to fly out for the fight. if the winner wants to that's on them. I typically don't have out of state people participating because I announce the winner a week before the fight. but in theory, there's nothing wrong with someone from somewhere else winning them.

SuikodenII

Daps
if you aren't based here, you'd have to fly out for the fight. if the winner wants to that's on them. I typically don't have out of state people participating because I announce the winner a week before the fight. but in theory, there's nothing wrong with someone from somewhere else winning them.

Ah, I see...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winky face always like that...because of the high guard, guys dont be landing...its actually his lace hitting his face. He said that about Taylor. Taylor was getting glove. dont remember Taylor hurting Winky but remember Winky hurting him. also Spinks boxed the shyt outta him. Taylor was a fukkin fraud if I ever seen one and off that came the hype. He just dethroned Bernard. THen got dethroned by the one-dimensional Pavlik....who was exposed by Hopkins then matched against Serge. I dont care what yall say bout Serge but I told people that was some of the stupidest matchmaking ever. Pavlik such a one trick pony....thats why I say Serge is overrated. There were a bunch of good MWs then but no great ones after Bernard left.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Since we on Sergio Martinez fights, how ya'll think he'd do with a prime Kassim Ouma at 154?

Ouma's prime period of his career: dude was a volume puncher and a half..a buzzsaw with a pretty good chin and a nightmare for any guy who's stamina wasn't up to par ..not the hardest puncher and defense forget about it but if he saw you were in trouble he would try to finish you. Ouma vs Sergio would be an interesting battle of wills but I would see Ouma winning a tough decision over him but I can also see Sergio knocking him out too. Shame Ouma smoked and partied his way out of relevance

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:ufdup: It was a war but Winky boxed him...stayed in the pocket and hurt his ass bad with a body shot I believe. Had it been the other way around...Winky wouldve gotten the decision but Taylor was one of HBO's hype jobs....I said it over and over again he would get exposed badly and he did.

Also...lemme tell you you dont know Winky if you think he is about a payday. Hell nah, if thats the case he'd be fighting now like Shane. Winky has some integrity and just doesnt prostitute himself like a lot of these guys. Who wants to fight a guy you KNOW you cant win against even if you knock him the fukk out? Thats what Taylor was to HBO. Winky had a payday waiting with Vargas rematch and he didnt want that either. Because he was scared? No. Because he said Vargas wouldnt give him a rematch previously so he served it right back to his ass and said fukk a payday. and yes...Winky boxed the shyt outta Vargas too.

Sounds like you underating Taylor because he had the machine behind him. You acting like Winky pitched a clinic when the fight was a back in forth action packed brawl. Winky boxed but Taylor fought and his fighting is what caused Winky's face to look like a slab of roasted pig. Taylor was punching through his guard with straights, hooks, uppercuts. Both dudes showed heart and a draw wasn't even that bad of a decision. Some people favored Winky's boxing while others favored Taylors big shots and fighting. Fight deserved a rematch but Winky ducked that shyt.

Winky always been about the payday. Dude overvalued himself all the time. He hardly had any fanbase, never really put asses in seats, but always acted like he was some star. He gets a chance to be in a fight that people actually looked forward too (Taylor rematch) where he said it was an easy fight and he turned the career payday down because he felt he should have been making more than Taylor was making who was the champ :wtf: Winky never been as marketable as Shane or have the power so of course he ain't fighting now. Williams thrashed him and Quillen finished of the rest of him.

:snoop: at nikkas calling close fights robberies. Winky a HOF dude no doubt, but he ain't get robbed against Vargas or Taylor. He just lost a close competitive fight to dude's the networks were making out to be stars. Not the first time it's happened and won't be the last. Burton/Augustus is a robbery, not no damn Vargas/Winky or Taylor/Winky

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ouma's prime period of his career: dude was a volume puncher and a half..a buzzsaw with a pretty good chin and a nightmare for any guy who's stamina wasn't up to par ..not the hardest puncher and defense forget about it but if he saw you were in trouble he would try to finish you. Ouma vs Sergio would be an interesting battle of wills but I would see Ouma winning a tough decision over him but I can also see Sergio knocking him out too. Shame Ouma smoked and partied his way out of relevance

I pretty much agree with you. Sergio would have to catch him with something big early like Rubio did, but finish him cuz if he didn't Ouma would prolly overwhelm him.

I think Taylor slightly ruined Ouma in a way. Before then Ouma never really gotten beaten up. Yeah Karmazin beat him but it was competitive and he didn't get the same amount of punishment he got with Taylor. Taylor was landing hard concussive flush combos on that nikka head for like 9 rounds of that fight. I think his punch resistance went down because of that since he didn't brush off shots like he used to after that fight. Then Ouma looked bad for several fights after that including losing to K9 of all people. He then became hit or miss giving cats like Vanes and GGG good fights, but he never really looked great again. I know the partying was a factor too, but I don't think it was the only factor.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we on Sergio Martinez fights, how ya'll think he'd do with a prime Kassim Ouma at 154?

I liked Ouma, but he was just a featherfisted volume puncher with no defense. The way he fought he was always gonna have a short prime. Any time he stepped up he lost.

Martinez beat a much superior volume puncher in Paul Williams, arguably twice. Now of course every fight is different, but I can't see him lasting 12 against Martinez the way he fights. We saw what Williams had to go through the first fight to get the "win."

Ouma was an entertaining fighter, but I just don't rate a guy like him very high. Around that time during his short IBF title run, I did want to see him fight Winky. Any volume puncher against Winky makes for an entertaining fight.

SuikodenII

Daps
I pretty much agree with you. Sergio would have to catch him with something big early like Rubio did, but finish him cuz if he didn't Ouma would prolly overwhelm him.

I think Taylor slightly ruined Ouma in a way. Before then Ouma never really gotten beaten up. Yeah Karmazin beat him but it was competitive and he didn't get the same amount of punishment he got with Taylor. Taylor was landing hard concussive flush combos on that nikka head for like 9 rounds of that fight. I think his punch resistance went down because of that since he didn't brush off shots like he used to after that fight. Then Ouma looked bad for several fights after that including losing to K9 of all people. He then became hit or miss giving cats like Vanes and GGG good fights, but he never really looked great again. I know the partying was a factor too, but I don't think it was the only factor.
It's been awhile, but I remember watching that fight and Karmazin was whooping his ass :dwillhuh: