Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cloud vs Stevenson is too close to call. Of course I'd want the fellow Floridian to win but Cloud be disappointing a nikka too much recently. He hasn't had a decent performance since the Glen Johnson fight and that felt like a life time ago since he's not that active to begin with.

I think Stevenson wins an entertaining decision, but would not be surprised if Cloud finally fought to his true potential and pulled the upset.

Stevenson is the king right now, Hopkins a close second......but I think he gets dethroned, Cloud by KO. I'm not sold that he can take Cloud's punch, or that he's a significantly better boxer to the point that he could keep Cloud off of him. I'm not saying Cloud will walk through Stevenson's shots but he's been in 175 dog fights. We'll see if the Dawson KO was more of a result of Adonis' skill or Dawson's deterioration.

Cloud is a good fighter. You shouldnt be too disappointed...he is just fighting very good opposition. Glen Johnson was still very good at the time they fought and Cloud is not a capable boxer. He is a B level fighter who is entertaining. I wouldnt call it an upset either. This could be a similar case of Swift vs Matthysse. The Dawson KO was more of a result of Dawson's stupidity and arrogance NOT deterioration. Not to discredit Stevenson...I like him...but this is a dangerous ass fight for him.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stevenson is a B fighter who KOed a fighter with A level abilities and D level mental focus and career guidance. That KO fools gold I think. If Hopkins, Pascal, and especially Johnson could crack like Stevenson, they wouldve KOed Dawson.

Cloud is B fighter...Stevenson may be better but Cloud his a hungry dude and you gotta bring it to deal with him. This aint Boone. Stevenson deserves a fair amount of credit if he can get a clear victory here. Nevertheless, the good thing is...these guys will stay busy because the winner has to face Bellew in Nov I think.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Skill wise, I'd say Cloud is better than Stevenson, and I feel they have the same level of power and speed it's just that they have different mentalities. Stevenson lets his hands go and really believes in his power whereas Cloud is more Rocky Juarez with his shots if you feel where I'm coming from. I

I think Cloud's ring inactivity hurts him. He always fights like he's a lil rusty. I don't think him winning would be some big upset, It'd be a mild one since he's coming off a loss to a guy that loss to the guy his opponent just beat. I think Stevenson caught Dawson at the right time. I feel Cloud or Kovalev could have done the same thing if given the chance. :manny: Dawson can take a decent shot and Johnson, Tarver, and Pascal hurt him in their fights. I just think his punch resistance went down due to his previous fight. Sometimes absorbing hard shots when you're body isn't really prepared for it can do it. He dropped the weight, but couldn't fight effectively at it. One of the biggest career mistakes ever, but he only has himself to blame. Chad will be known for ushering out the old guys at 175lbs, just a pity that he couldn't last for the new wave of guys making their name in the division.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
this is how i know i'm not a hardcore boxing fan anymore, just skip over the martinez vs ouma nonsense whereas years ago i'd be reading line by line and chiming in :bryan:

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
How do i enter?

Like BadCulture on Facebook and when I post the trivia question you'll need to answer I'll be tweeting it and posting the question on the BadCulture fan page. I'll also provide you with directions on how to submit your answer. Thank you for asking!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@Jae my 2 cents on cloud-stevenson

we know cloud can be outboxed and we know stevenson can be ko'ed.....as much as i want to think stevenson's wins a UD I don't think he has the boxing ability to not catch too many shots from Cloud and possibly be stopped...so im going with Cloud on a mid to late round stoppage

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Fighter of the year is Floyd if not him then Swift

Guerrero Canelo
Zab Matthysse

Better then Donaire Agbeko

Mehhhh, I'd give you Garcia, but Floyd was pretty much expected to beat Guerrero and Canelo although Canelo had the better chance due to his size, youth, and above average power. Guerrero was never really anything special. He got vacant titles in a bunch of divisions while hardly fighting anybody of note. The Berto and Aydin wins were pretty decent, but then Soto Karass does the same shyt more impressively a lil later.

Rigo dominated a top 5 p4p dude that was slightly favored to beat him and if he dominates Agbeko then that's another former champ right there.

If Stevenson dominates Cloud than that's a top 5 Light heavyweight and former titlist and he did knock out the undisputed champ in Dawson.

Garcia gets mad props for beating Lucas, but he was expected to beat Zab and Zab at this point isn't really all that better than beating a Cloud or Agbeko.

If Floyd or Swift wins, it's because they are the bigger names. It's not wrong and I wouldn't be upset, but I'd understand. :manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-on-vera-fight-weight-controversy--69960
By Miguel Angel Cebreros, notifight.com

Before a crowd of journalists and fans, the son of the legend Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KOs) discussed the controversy over the weight limit for his upcoming fight with Brian Vera (23-6, 14 KOs) on Saturday night at the Stubhub Center in Carson, California. The fight had several weights set down, and eventually became bosted to 168-pounds, but now the word is coming down that Chavez-Vera may get a max weight of 173-pounds. The fight weight will not be decided until Friday, when both boxers step on the scale for the official weigh-in.

"This is not a championship fight, so it can take place at 168, 170...there doesn't have to be a specific weight. [People] criticize me because I lost to [Sergio] Martinez, but nobody criticizes Mayweather for training at two o'clock in morning like myself, but of course he wins so they do not criticize him. I think I showed that I have discipline because I have always made the weight for my fights. I fought the best, and I almost knocked out one of the best pound for pound fighters," Chavez Jr. said.
Zero fukks Given.