Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bhop would beat the ever loving shyt out of Martinez, Martinez went life and death with a recovering alcoholic shot version of Pavlik who was boxing the shyt out of him before the fluke cut. A Prime undefeated Pavlik couldnt win one round on a 43 year old Bhop

while you do have some valid points...still styles make fights. not to say Serge would win...but B-Hop likes a certain type of fighter. He doesnt like movers. B-Hop was surely stronger and if he couldve consistently gotten to Serge he would break him down. B-Hop is about money and styles. He never wanted to fight Dawson because of the style. Dawson beat him yet got starched by Stevenson. Styles make fights. This is the same Dawson that as soon as he lost to Pascal, B-Hop was on the phone negotiating. He did the same thing with Pavlik. Pavlik was easy work for B-Hop because he has no lateral movement. I won easy money on that fight. B-Hop may have beaten Martinez but the styles dont suggest to me that it was much more than an even fight because against movers, B-Hop just doesnt throw as much. Especially not a dancer. I said Martinez was overrated...but I am not going to say he wasnt a very good fighter. I would say he is around an A- level fighter.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Taylor won both fights IMO. Bhop beat the shyt out of him both times, but he gave up and I mean gave up at least the 1st 5 rounds each match because of his issues dealing with raw speed, which was solidified with Pascal. Bhop took his heart in the first match and stole his soul in the 2nd.............................

Taylor won those fights, but Bhop won those wars, scorecards cant truly reflect who truly won all the time, but thats a issue with the 10 point must system, but I digress..........

Saying Hopkins beat the shyt out dude both times is a stretch :what:

Nobody got the shyt beat out them in those fights. Hopkins had moments where he outboxed dude, but Taylor outworked and pushed him back for the majority of those fights.

If Taylor got the shyt beat out of him by Hopkins, then Pavlik must have gotten killed, brought back to life and outboxed again all in lop-sided fashion in his fight with Bernard. :russ:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Winky would have given Martinez that work. Moving forward behind a high guard with a nonstop thudding jab and good body punching. He prolly could have gotten a stoppage. Martinez's head would have been snapping back like Guererro's did when Berto kept hitting him with those uppercuts.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
while you do have some valid points...still styles make fights. not to say Serge would win...but B-Hop likes a certain type of fighter. He doesnt like movers. B-Hop was surely stronger and if he couldve consistently gotten to Serge he would break him down. B-Hop is about money and styles. He never wanted to fight Dawson because of the style. Dawson beat him yet got starched by Stevenson. Styles make fights. This is the same Dawson that as soon as he lost to Pascal, B-Hop was on the phone negotiating. He did the same thing with Pavlik. Pavlik was easy work for B-Hop because he has no lateral movement. I won easy money on that fight. B-Hop may have beaten Martinez but the styles dont suggest to me that it was much more than an even fight because against movers, B-Hop just doesnt throw as much. Especially not a dancer. I said Martinez was overrated...but I am not going to say he wasnt a very good fighter. I would say he is around an A- level fighter.
He would have mauled Martinez on some ODH shyt when he figured out that Sergio cant in fight for shyt, lets not pretend that Sergio is Mayweather because of his fights vs Eurobums, where was this footspeed vs Margarito

Talking about Oscar if he dealt with Oscar movement he damn sure could deal with Sergio's

And please dont mention a near 50 year old BHOP and Dawson, he just came off shoulder surgery and clearly couldnt pull the trigger yet still won 5 rounds

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt Taylor won both fights truthfully. Did he look great nope, but neither did Hopkins. What really made Bernard look bad was that before the fight was made he was on FNF with I believe Brian Kenny and they were showing clips of Taylor's fights in the studio. Hopkins broke down the dude's style and everything talking about his bow and arrow right hand and his jab etc.. but when it's time to fight he doesn't do much of anything up until the 8th and 9th where he finally decides to pick it up. He thought his pressure at the end would make dude fold and it didn't. Taylor fought back in those late rds even though he lost them Hopkins never hurt him badly or dropped him to the point where you can say Hopkins dominated that part. Beforehand Hopkins acted like the Taylor fight was going to be easy, but it never looked that way while he was fighting him. nikkas kill me with the robbery talk in regards to that fight.

Neither one of them did shyt...but I felt Taylor had everything on his side. HBO, DiBella, the crowd, etc. He got the benefit in every close round. B-Hop fought his usual style. I didnt feel Taylor did enough to win...I thought the 1st fight shouldve been a draw. The 2nd fight I know was bullshyt. B-Hop won that shyt because he did more in that fight than he did in the 1st and Taylor did about the same. I knew Winky was gonna get shafted. I still bet and was pissed. It was Winky's own fault...but still...how you gonna give a guy the fight or a draw just cuz he won the 12th round? :rudy: FOH.

Basically, once B-Hop lost that belt....it was just about who was in the right place at the right time to pick it up.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Sergio doesn't have the strength or power to deal with Hopkins. Once he would have gassed in the middle rounds like he normally does, Hopkins would have picked up the pace and mauled dude like Skip said.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Saying Hopkins beat the shyt out dude both times is a stretch :what:

Nobody got the shyt beat out them in those fights. Hopkins had moments where he outboxed dude, but Taylor outworked and pushed him back for the majority of those fights.

If Taylor got the shyt beat out of him by Hopkins, then Pavlik must have gotten killed, brought back to life and outboxed again all in lop-sided fashion in his fight with Bernard. :russ:
Nobody remembers the beginning of fights only the end whether in the ring, or on the street, Taylor could have been whipping his ass making him buckle early on, but Bhop undressing him ,whip him, having him turning his back running in the latter rounds of both fights was the telling thing for me, that's all Im trying to convey:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He would have mauled Martinez on some ODH shyt when he figured out that Sergio cant in fight for shyt, lets not pretend that Sergio is Mayweather because of his fights vs Eurobums, where was this footspeed vs Margarito

Talking about Oscar if he dealt with Oscar movement he damn sure could deal with Sergio's

And please dont mention a near 50 year old BHOP and Dawson, he just came off shoulder surgery and clearly couldnt pull the trigger yet still won 5 rounds

Martinez aint no bum though and its not a given that JCCjr beats him. The main thing is....Martinez is really a small 40 year old MW and JCCjr is heading towards 168. Martinez the better fighter but age and weight advantages have made the two just about equal fighters.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Neither one of them did shyt...but I felt Taylor had everything on his side. HBO, DiBella, the crowd, etc. He got the benefit in every close round. B-Hop fought his usual style. I didnt feel Taylor did enough to win...I thought the 1st fight shouldve been a draw. The 2nd fight I know was bullshyt. B-Hop won that shyt because he did more in that fight than he did in the 1st and Taylor did about the same. I knew Winky was gonna get shafted. I still bet and was pissed. It was Winky's own fault...but still...how you gonna give a guy the fight or a draw just cuz he won the 12th round? :rudy: FOH.

Basically, once B-Hop lost that belt....it was just about who was in the right place at the right time to pick it up.
I have to rewatch both now interesting back and forth yall, I felt the same way a you but I was a Bhop supporter and eventually dealt with it, knowing that he snatched Taylor's soul in the process

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Hopkins knew what he was up against and like I said broke dude's style down to a tee on national tv. If he was this all time great technician that cats say he is (rightfully so, no hating) he would have won his rounds a lot clearer, but you know what he didn't. Maybe because Taylor's aggression and good jab had something to do with that. Hopkins bullshyts his way through tough spots so he never really looks bad in rounds even though he loses some. Taylor didn't win his rounds big, but he won them. Hopkins looked better in the rounds he won, but they were still competitive. It's not like he shut dude out in those late rounds. I can't call that some conspiracy robbery.

Winky didn't get robbed either. He got busted up with hard shots all night while just landing a jab and walking forward. Taylor fought stupid, but he still gave Winky hell in that fight and landing the harder more telling blows. His face afterwards told the story. He was set to make a career high payday of 4.5 mill I believe in a rematch and ducked that shyt acting like Taylor was an easy fight and he was above it. His career went downhill after that. Hell, Winky thought he got robbed against Vargas too, but truthfully he can't handle any physically strong fighters who can hurt or punch through his guard. Even light hitting Soliman gave him problems in his fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopkins knew what he was up against and like I said broke dude's style down to a tee on national tv. If he was this all time great technician that cats say he is (rightfully so, no hating) he would have won his rounds a lot clearer, but you know what he didn't. Maybe because Taylor's aggression and good jab had something to do with that. Hopkins bullshyts his way through tough spots so he never really looks bad in rounds even though he loses some. Taylor didn't win his rounds big, but he won them. Hopkins looked better in the rounds he won, but they were still competitive. It's not like he shut dude out in those late rounds. I can't call that some conspiracy robbery.

Winky didn't get robbed either. He got busted up with hard shots all night while just landing a jab and walking forward. Taylor fought stupid, but he still gave Winky hell in that fight and landing the harder more telling blows. His face afterwards told the story. He was set to make a career high payday of 4.5 mill I believe in a rematch and ducked that shyt acting like Taylor was an easy fight and he was above it. His career went downhill after that. Hell, Winky thought he got robbed against Vargas too, but truthfully he can't handle any physically strong fighters who can hurt or punch through his guard. Even light hitting Soliman gave him problems in his fight.

:ufdup: It was a war but Winky boxed him...stayed in the pocket and hurt his ass bad with a body shot I believe. Had it been the other way around...Winky wouldve gotten the decision but Taylor was one of HBO's hype jobs....I said it over and over again he would get exposed badly and he did.

Also...lemme tell you you dont know Winky if you think he is about a payday. Hell nah, if thats the case he'd be fighting now like Shane. Winky has some integrity and just doesnt prostitute himself like a lot of these guys. Who wants to fight a guy you KNOW you cant win against even if you knock him the fukk out? Thats what Taylor was to HBO. Winky had a payday waiting with Vargas rematch and he didnt want that either. Because he was scared? No. Because he said Vargas wouldnt give him a rematch previously so he served it right back to his ass and said fukk a payday. and yes...Winky boxed the shyt outta Vargas too.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Since we on Sergio Martinez fights, how ya'll think he'd do with a prime Kassim Ouma at 154?
Ouma too active, Sergio chin is China he'll eventually touch the canvas, even if he'd try to pot shot.....

Sergio wouldnt fight him though, you know that

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we on Sergio Martinez fights, how ya'll think he'd do with a prime Kassim Ouma at 154?

Its hard to say because Ouma was never really prime. When he was winning he was partying and drinking heavy. The best Ouma couldve beaten a lot of guys and I would pick him over Martinez. Ouma was similar to a poor man's Aaron Pryor at 154.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Its hard to say because Ouma was never really prime. When he was winning he was partying and drinking heavy. The best Ouma couldve beaten a lot of guys and I would pick him over Martinez. Ouma was similar to a poor man's Aaron Pryor at 154.
His activity would give Martinez problems, along with Sergio's normal naps in the middle of fights