Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The timing was just generally off for a Margarito/Martinez rematch. Once Antonio won the 1st fight his career went a different path. He was defending his WBO belt while Sergio was fighting dudes overseas barely getting any recognition. Once Sergio started getting more known, Margarito was already getting bigger fights with Cotto, Shane, and Manny.

It's not like Stevenson and Boone going at it again where both dudes were still contenders and even then Adonis had to take short money to make that happen, but I give him props for doing it tho.

Sergio said a couple of times that he wanted a rematch. Margarito wanted Pacquiao, and said he'd consider Sergio if Manny fought Floyd. Well he got his fight and of course Sergio got his rematch with P Will. And then Sergio called him out next year and wanted the rematch if he beat Cotto. Margarito lost and then decided to retire.

So while the rematch didn't go down, its not because Sergio didn't want it.

their career trajectories just were not in line due to them being in different divisions...it happens in boxing.....if margo had actually beaten pac and/or didn't get his career ended in that fight it could have been a possibility though

and yeah Stevenson took a huge risk to avenge that boone loss and risk his title shot so dude has my respect for that and as a champ

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Martinez is a guy that I like to watch...but he was overrated if you look back on his career. Even I myself overrated him. He got a draw with Cintron...although it may have been a bogus decision....the fight was close. Cintron is a C-Level fighter when its all said and done. He did the :cape: on PWill and never could climb Mount Margarcheato. Serge lost to Margs. Lost to PWill. Where he got all his hype from was when he beat Pavlik...a guy who cant spell "lateral movement"...then subsequently had a KO of the year against the durable Punisher. In fact....Sergio stole that fight from PWill. I had picked PWill to beat Pavlik. Pavlik deserved the title but lets be honest....he beat Jermain Taylor...a guy I knew he was gonna beat. Pavlik was probably sauced up too as he soon retired. Taylor shouldve never had the title because B-Hop beat him at least once if not twice...then Winky got robbed against him. So when you go back on the lineage....Martinez wins are not really reflective of the lofty P4P status he held. In all fairness...he was getting old when he started to get his breaks....maybe we missed his prime against top fighters. A real judge of how good Martinez was wouldve been a fight against B-Hop....a fight he was a couple years behind. If PWill wouldve fought Pavlik....Martinez likely wouldnt have been popularized.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just stop it's well documented in this thread already alone with many links that Sergio ducked time and time again, and didnt even mumble Margarito name until Manny fukked up his eye, still saying he wouldnt fight Margarito again

If he was busy pulling up a natural WW to his weight why not Margarito when was busy calling him out.

who are you talking about? :huh: and when was margarito calling him out..you talking about when he got his eye fukked up while Sergio is the middleweight champ?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
their career trajectories just were not in line due to them being in different divisions...it happens in boxing.....if margo had actually beaten pac and/or didn't get his career ended in that fight it could have been a possibility though

and yeah Stevenson took a huge risk to avenge that boone loss and risk his title shot so dude has my respect for that and as a champ

Margarito fought Santos at 154lbs, so I think something could have happened but Sergio wasn't known so the fight wouldn't have made sense for Margarito. If I got a belt, got tv dates why would I want to fight a guy I stopped years ago who isn't bringing anything to the table? I can't call that a duck. Just the timing wasn't right.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martinez is a guy that I like to watch...but he was overrated if you look back on his career. Even I myself overrated him. He got a draw with Cintron...although it may have been a bogus decision....the fight was close. Cintron is a C-Level fighter when its all said and done. He did the :cape: on PWill and never could climb Mount Margarcheato. Serge lost to Margs. Lost to PWill. Where he got all his hype from was when he beat Pavlik...a guy who cant spell "lateral movement"...then subsequently had a KO of the year against the durable Punisher. In fact....Sergio stole that fight from PWill. I had picked PWill to beat Pavlik. Pavlik deserved the title but lets be honest....he beat Jermain Taylor...a guy I knew he was gonna beat. Pavlik was probably sauced up too as he soon retired. Taylor shouldve never had the title because B-Hop beat him at least once if not twice...then Winky got robbed against him. So when you go back on the lineage....Martinez wins are not really reflective of the lofty P4P status he held. In all fairness...he was getting old when he started to get his breaks....maybe we missed his prime against top fighters. A real judge of how good Martinez was wouldve been a fight against B-Hop....a fight he was a couple years behind. If PWill wouldve fought Pavlik....Martinez likely wouldnt have been popularized.

interesting view breh :obama:..I did think taylor put enough rds in the bag to beat bhop in the first fight, not the second one though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Are you gonna pretend Williams wasnt a natural WW:comeon:

ive been said he was a natural WW..but punisher was effective enough at 154 and had a fight at 160 before Sergio...but Sergio wasn't the reason he went up breh..very few welters did not want to fukk with the punisher so he moved up to make money

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
ive been said he was a natural WW..but punisher was effective enough at 154 and had a fight at 160 before Sergio...but Sergio wasn't the reason he went up breh..very few welters did not want to fukk with the punisher so he moved up to make money
They didnt fukk with him because he got a massive on sided ass whipping from bum ass Quitana, he wasnt sellable, what is so hard for you to understand that:mindblown:

Now if he could pick and choose a WW to feast on why not Margarito, when Margarito means money and team Margarito pushed for it???

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They didnt fukk with him because he got a massive on sided ass whipping from bum ass Quitana, he wasnt sellable, what is so hard for you to understand that:mindblown:

Now if he could pick and choose a WW to feast on why not Margarito???

I suppose a 6'2 welter who never tired and threw 100-110 punches a round didn't have anything to do with it :comeon:..paul's style is all action..he had a fanbase but his style made him high risk/low reward

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I suppose a 6'2 welter who never tired and threw 100-110 punches a round didn't have anything to do with it :comeon:..paul's style is all action..he had a fanbase but his style made him high risk/low reward
No Williams had no issues getting matches before the L, he did fight Mitchell(a fighter haters used to say will beat Floyd) and Margarito who he barely survived vs.....

You dont see the correlation of him not getting matches after the quitana domination:beli:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Bhop would beat the ever loving shyt out of Martinez, Martinez went life and death with a recovering alcoholic shot version of Pavlik who was boxing the shyt out of him before the fluke cut. A Prime undefeated Pavlik couldnt win one round on a 43 year old Bhop

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
interesting view breh :obama:..I did think taylor put enough rds in the bag to beat bhop in the first fight, not the second one though

I felt Taylor won both fights truthfully. Did he look great nope, but neither did Hopkins. What really made Bernard look bad was that before the fight was made he was on FNF with I believe Brian Kenny and they were showing clips of Taylor's fights in the studio. Hopkins broke down the dude's style and everything talking about his bow and arrow right hand and his jab etc.. but when it's time to fight he doesn't do much of anything up until the 8th and 9th where he finally decides to pick it up. He thought his pressure at the end would make dude fold and it didn't. Taylor fought back in those late rds even though he lost them Hopkins never hurt him badly or dropped him to the point where you can say Hopkins dominated that part. Beforehand Hopkins acted like the Taylor fight was going to be easy, but it never looked that way while he was fighting him. nikkas kill me with the robbery talk in regards to that fight.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I felt Taylor won both fights truthfully. Did he look great nope, but neither did Hopkins. What really made Bernard look bad was that before the fight was made he was on FNF with I believe Brian Kenny and they were showing clips of Taylor's fights in the studio. Hopkins broke down the dude's style and everything talking about his bow and arrow right hand and his jab etc.. but when it's time to fight he doesn't do much of anything up until the 8th and 9th where he finally decides to pick it up. He thought his pressure at the end would make dude fold and it didn't. Taylor fought back in those late rds even though he lost them Hopkins never hurt him badly or dropped him to the point where you can say Hopkins dominated that part. Beforehand Hopkins acted like the Taylor fight was going to be easy, but it never looked that way while he was fighting him. nikkas kill me with the robbery talk in regards to that fight.
Taylor won both fights IMO. Bhop beat the shyt out of him both times, but he gave up and I mean gave up at least the 1st 5 rounds each match because of his issues dealing with raw speed, which was solidified with Pascal. Bhop took his heart in the first match and stole his soul in the 2nd.............................

Taylor won those fights, but Bhop won those wars, scorecards cant truly reflect who truly won all the time, but thats a issue with the 10 point must system, but I digress..........