Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I was thinking of the Judah Mosley match that didnt happen years, back because of Judah fukkery

I'd love to see Judah go back to 147 and make good money fighting Mosley in the Barclays:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I was thinking of the Judah Mosley match that didnt happen years, back because of Judah fukkery

I'd love to see Judah go back to 147 and make good money fighting Mosley in the Barclays:manny:

I still wouldn't mind seeing that fight breh, but Judah just had to take that tune up against the shower door :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
For real, I'm not even hating on Sergio, but he's prolly the only elite fighter that I've seen in recent times where you could beat him with just employing basic tactics that you learn the first week in the boxing gym.
- Step in when you jab or double jab
- Throw a straight right hand
- If you can cut of the ring, then well damn you real good now lol

If you can do that, you can compete with Sergio, and might even drop him. Murray pretty much did that and at least deserved a draw. (He needed to close out the championship rounds much stronger)

sergio is the classic case of fighter who relied more on his athleticism than anything else and when it starts fading you start really seeing the flaws...like seeing him fight but yeah he's heading for a knockout loss very soon..now in regards of his fight jr..jr caught fools gold in that last round..nothing more nothing less..the only reason why the word rematch is being thrown around for those 2 was because of that one round where jr wasn't getting that work ...not because jr was competitive in any way for the other 11 rounds in which he was getting his ass whipped...and if he wasn't undertrained and/or weeded out it would prolly play out the same way too
and skip stop saying Quintana put paul on his ass..Quintana outboxed a sick under the weather paul to a decision....he didn't take punisher off his feet

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
sergio is the classic case of fighter who relied more on his athleticism than anything else and when it starts fading you start really seeing the flaws...like seeing him fight but yeah he's heading for a knockout loss very soon..now in regards of his fight jr..jr caught fools gold in that last round..nothing more nothing less..the only reason why the word rematch is being thrown around for those 2 was because of that one round where jr wasn't getting that work ...not because jr was competitive in any way for the other 11 rounds in which he was getting his ass whipped...and if he wasn't undertrained and/or weeded out it would prolly play out the same way too
and skip stop saying Quintana put paul on his ass..Quintana outboxed a sick under the weather paul to a decision....he didn't take punisher off his feet
He wasnt athletic breh, just fighting bums who aint belong in the ring with him, this was a man who got the ever loving shyt beat out of him by Margarito where was that athleticism then, so he all of a sudden get athletic near 40???????????????

Fools gold Jr ended his chapter, but I dont want to beat on a dead horse there:umad:

As far as P Dubb goes, just stop breh:comeon:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He wasnt athletic breh, just fighting bums who aint belong in the ring with him, this was a man who got the ever loving shyt beat out of him by Margarito where was that athleticism then, so he all of a sudden get athletic near 40???????????????

As far as P Dubb goes, just stop breh:comeon:

:russ: margarito beat the shyt out of a lot of people..how is that a knock against Sergio? their skill levels were different back then...he's still the only one to actually stop him. as for punisher-Quintana you saw what happened in the rematch? bigger statement than any argument you or I could have..punisher had an off night and corrected his mistake the second time around

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:russ: margarito beat the shyt out of a lot of people..how is that a knock against Sergio? their skill levels were different back then...he's still the only one to actually stop him. as for punisher-Quintana you saw what happened in the rematch? bigger statement than any argument you or I could have..punisher had an off night and corrected his mistake the second time around
Why couldnt Sergio as much as mumble Margarito's name, until Manny fukked up his eye, that rematch could have been made???:ufdup:

The rematch meant shyt, it doesnt erase the fact that Wiliams got shyt boxed out of him over 12 rounds, not got no lucky ko, shytttt quitana might have been sick and had a off night, he did box the shyt out of him over a 12 round fight once before:skip:

At the end of the day Martinez best win is against a blown up WW who got the shyt boxed out of him by a D class fighter, thats all................

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why couldnt Sergio as much as mumble Margarito's name, until Manny fukked up his eye, that rematch could have been made???:ufdup:

The rematch meant shyt, it doesnt erase the fact that Wiliams got shyt boxed out of him over 12 rounds, not got no lucky ko, shytttt quitana might have been sick and had a off night, he did box the shyt out of him over a 12 round fight once before:skip:

At the end of the day Martinez best win is against a blown up WW who got the shyt boxed out of him by a D class fighter, thats all................

Because Sergio went to 154 shortly after while Margarito stayed at Welter..and by that time Margarito took his career ending beating at 154 by pac; Sergio was already king at 160...tell me where a rematch would have made sense?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Roided Chavez Jr:lupe:

BU9p0RJCYAAKyS7.jpg:large

BU9qdEvCcAAp8kX.jpg:large

exaipfg.png

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Because Sergio went to 154 shortly after while Margarito stayed at Welter..and by that time Margarito took his career ending beating at 154 by pac; Sergio was already king at 160...tell me where a rematch would have made sense?
It doesnt make sense for a so called champ and man to make big money for a Margarito who had huge heat and avenge a loss, but it made sense fighting eurobums for pennies right:comeon:

What your excuse for Sergio's team ducking this rematch over and over, when Margarito wanted to dispose of that fraud?????????????

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It doesnt make sense for a so called champ and man to make big money for a Margarito who had huge heat and avenge a loss, but it made sense fighting eurobums for pennies right:comeon:

What your excuse for Sergio's team ducking this rematch over and over, when Margarito wanted to dispose of that fraud?????????????

focus...margarito and martinez...nevermind who Martinez fought or any other factors...you didn't answer my question..tell me when this rematch would have made sense considering they hadn't fought in the same division in 10 years?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
focus...margarito and martinez...nevermind who Martinez fought or any other factors...you didn't answer my question..tell me when this rematch would have made sense considering they hadn't fought in the same division in 10 years?
It always made sense, if a nikka beat your ass, it wouldnt make since to avenge that how bytchmade is your train of thinking, not to mention Margarito is a huge draw

Lets not pretend team Margarito wasnt pushing for it either. Sergio was busy picking on WW why not Margarito, I'll wait...........................:rudy:

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
It always made sense, if a nikka beat your ass, it wouldnt make since to avenge that how bytchmade is your train of thinking, not to mention Margarito is a huge draw

Lets not pretend team Margarito wasnt pushing for it either. Sergio was busy picking on WW why not Margarito, I'll wait...........................:rudy:
Sergio said a couple of times that he wanted a rematch. Margarito wanted Pacquiao, and said he'd consider Sergio if Manny fought Floyd. Well he got his fight and of course Sergio got his rematch with P Will. And then Sergio called him out next year and wanted the rematch if he beat Cotto. Margarito lost and then decided to retire.

So while the rematch didn't go down, its not because Sergio didn't want it.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The timing was just generally off for a Margarito/Martinez rematch. Once Antonio won the 1st fight his career went a different path. He was defending his WBO belt while Sergio was fighting dudes overseas barely getting any recognition. Once Sergio started getting more known, Margarito was already getting bigger fights with Cotto, Shane, and Manny.

It's not like Stevenson and Boone going at it again where both dudes were still contenders and even then Adonis had to take short money to make that happen, but I give him props for doing it tho.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Sergio said a couple of times that he wanted a rematch. Margarito wanted Pacquiao, and said he'd consider Sergio if Manny fought Floyd. Well he got his fight and of course Sergio got his rematch with P Will. And then Sergio called him out next year and wanted the rematch if he beat Cotto. Margarito lost and then decided to retire.

So while the rematch didn't go down, its not because Sergio didn't want it.
The timing was just generally off for a Margarito/Martinez rematch. Once Antonio won the 1st fight his career went a different path. He was defending his WBO belt while Sergio was fighting dudes overseas barely getting any recognition. Once Sergio started getting more known, Margarito was already getting bigger fights with Cotto, Shane, and Manny.

It's not like Stevenson and Boone going at it again where both dudes were still contenders and even then Adonis had to take short money to make that happen, but I give him props for doing it tho.
Just stop it's well documented in this thread already alone with many links that Sergio ducked time and time again, and didnt even mumble Margarito name until Manny fukked up his eye, still saying he wouldnt fight Margarito again

If he was busy pulling up a natural WW to his weight why not Margarito when was busy calling him out.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Martinez could have tried to fight Margarito or been more vocal about it before dude's eye got fukked up, but he wasn't bringing anything to the table so I doubt Margarito ( a guy who had a belt and was fighting on televised cards) would have wanted to give dude a chance. That's not his fault though.

Truthfully I feel if Sergio wanted the rematch he could have made more noise at 147 or at 154, but he didn't. He kinda disappeared after the Margarito loss and showed up again to beat Bunema who was never that good to begin in. That's when cats started taking notice and by then Margarito was making bigger moves. I wouldn't call it a duck I just felt Sergio didn't really want those problems again.

Margarito basically did what Chavez jr should have done and Martinez knows that.