Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I dont know what that game plan would be. This is more about what Matthysse isnt able to do. If Danny fights the same exact way...the fight replays itself. If he steps up the aggression and brings it to Lucas...he's gonna stop him.
i have it the other way. garcia trading with lucas puts lucas in the fight if by nothing else than by virtue of the punchers chance alone. it was being so efficient with his punches that froze matthysse out of the fight. interesting fight forreal actually because garcia already has the perfect gameplan. its all on lucas to adjust.

thats a smart fight to make though because both men can make this ppv i dont really see either making a ppv for their next fight with anyone else quite yet at this stage so its a win win for both on just a business level

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
at this point anyone who can fight mayweather should. No one even cares if you lose to him and you move on with your life with like 10 million dollars no one else could get you.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Listen brehs......like I said in the other thread, Floyd Mayweather Jr is the greatest fighter of this era easily.

He's never gonna lose and everybody he faces, he makes them look like amateurs......truth is the truth:yeshrug:

:salute: Floyd Mayweather Jr, I'm no longer gonna hate on that man and I'm gonna just sit back and watch greatness:blessed:

#BandCamp

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen brehs......like I said in the other thread, Floyd Mayweather Jr is the greatest fighter of this era easily.

He's never gonna lose and everybody he faces, he makes them look like amateurs......truth is the truth:yeshrug:

:salute: Floyd Mayweather Jr, I'm no longer gonna hate on that man and I'm gonna just sit back and watch greatness:blessed:

#BandCamp

even when he faces broner in 2015?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
even when he faces broner in 2015?

If they fought this year....yep, Floyd would beat him.

In 2015 when Broner's in his physical/mental prime at 26 years old and Floyd is 38 years old? Nah....I dont see Floyd beating him:yeshrug:

#BandCamp

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Jr welterweight contender Lucas Matthysse is back in Argentina after his loss to WBC/WBA world champion Danny Garcia on Saturday night in Las Vegas. “Now I will rest and recover,” said Matthysse to TYC Sport. “I have to wait for the rematch against Danny García who has already spoken of it, and hopefully it’s soon. Important fights in the United States will come because I left a good impression.”

Matthysse will be out for some period of time as he suffered a small orbital fracture near his right eye, which was swollen shut midway through the bout."

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
"Jr welterweight contender Lucas Matthysse is back in Argentina after his loss to WBC/WBA world champion Danny Garcia on Saturday night in Las Vegas. “Now I will rest and recover,” said Matthysse to TYC Sport. “I have to wait for the rematch against Danny García who has already spoken of it, and hopefully it’s soon. Important fights in the United States will come because I left a good impression.”

Matthysse will be out for some period of time as he suffered a small orbital fracture near his right eye, which was swollen shut midway through the bout."

That Left Hook from his momma side of the family that Danny Garcia possesses is :wow:

He broke Matthysse's eye socket.....and Lucas doesnt deserve an immediate rematch at all.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Bernard Hopkins throwing his name in the "Money Mayweather" stakes?:lupe:

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69687#ixzz2f8sMULkc
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Hopkins Ready For Mayweather: I'll Make 160 by May 3
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 9/16/2013 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

There wasn't any misinterpretation of his statements from this past Saturday night. IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2, 32KOs) is ready and willing to drop down by two weight divisions to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) on May 3rd, likely at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather, regarded as the pound-for-pound king, is the WBC champion at 147-pounds and the WBC/WBA champion at 154-pounds.

Hopkins, who defends his title against mandatory Karo Murat (25-1-1, 15KOs) on October 26th, has not made the middleweight limit since facing Jermain Taylor in a rematch on December 3rd of 2005.

During a Monday night conversation with BoxingScene.com, Hopkins made it clear that his full focus at the moment is stacked on defending his title against Murat - but he is very confident that he can safely drop down to 160-pounds for a Mayweather fight.

"If I have time, I know my body, I know myself, I'll hire the best coaches," Hopkins told BoxingScene.com. "Yeah, if I got time and I'm not talking about this year, but if I got time after the 26th of October - and if they are serious about putting it together and the conversation becomes more serious - then yeah. I'm not just talking or rambling to get my name in the press. I mentioned it [this past weekend] because it was mentioned to me. Is it something that I can I do if want - yes. You have the two best minds in boxing. They both have an IQ and a defense that nobody can seem to break."

Hopkins would be 49-years-old by the time of the fight, and Mayweather would be 37. Dropping 15-pounds, says Hopkins, is not a big hurdle if the proper time is provided to do it - and a date of May 3 gives him more than enough time to get the weight right. Hopkins indicates that he often walks around very close to his fighting weight of 175-pounds, and has to consistently eat during camp in order to avoid burning off muscle during fierce training sessions.

"We are the best of our eras. Two legends, future hall of famers. You would have to have the judge who scored it a draw, [CJ Ross], to vote on whether or not I can get into the hall of fame and then maybe I might not get in there. At the end of the day, October 26th - you are talking about five months or better [afterwards] - not only for the hype part of it, but to have everything set up where I can start to get down and be effective. Not just get down and be there as a dead man - I have too much pride for that and that's not in Bernard Hopkins' makeup. Love me or hate me, but you have to respect me."

"To me, that would be the biggest fight from an urban standpoint in years. There will be 80-plus years of experience in the ring. When is the next time that you'll be writing for BoxingScene and see two fighters [like that in the ring] - where I have my own legacy and my own history, and Floyd has his own legacy and his own history. And God knows how the promotion and the All Access would turn out."

"I wouldn't open my mouth up to do something I can't do. Once I'm committed to something and put myself out there - yes [I can do it]. He got his own legacy and I'm not trying to piggyback off of nobody. I feel that I have the credentials of a straight-A student. We have the credentials and the personalities. To me, there hasn't been a big fight with two African Americans on this level since Ali-Foreman or Ali-Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns. That's how this will be portrayed because they were super-fights with two African American fighters. We haven't had that excitement in boxing in a long time. The closest we had was maybe Shane Mosley and Mayweather."

In terms of styles, Hopkins is confident that his style, along with his bag of tricks, is enough to take away the undefeated record of Mayweather.

"I'm telling you watch Bernard Hopkins on October 26th, watch my last fight. I was making Cloud miss and I don't run, I'm right there. And if I do take a chance and get hit, I show them my chin - it stands up most of the time if not all the time. Look at my history, and I'm not saying that anybody I fought was on his level - but I feel and I think I beat a lot of credible guys that a lot of people picked me to lose in those fights. This will motivate me to make history to show that I can still take my era, from the days of Roy Jones and James Toney, and bring it to his era. This is Floyd Mayweather's era. I know that anybody that I face in the ring, no matter who I fight, there will be a lot of writers questioning themselves on whether they should go against me," Hopkins said.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:leon:

Mayweather shutout....12 rounds to 0.

Hopkins is too slow and doesnt throw enough punches in order to even bother Floyd. Funny thing is that why would Floyd fight a 160lber though when he only weighed in at 150 against Canelo AFTER rehydration?:rudy:
lg.php

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have it the other way. garcia trading with lucas puts lucas in the fight if by nothing else than by virtue of the punchers chance alone. it was being so efficient with his punches that froze matthysse out of the fight. interesting fight forreal actually because garcia already has the perfect gameplan. its all on lucas to adjust.

thats a smart fight to make though because both men can make this ppv i dont really see either making a ppv for their next fight with anyone else quite yet at this stage so its a win win for both on just a business level

well...it appears that way...but when did Matthysee hurt Danny? They saw tape of Lucas and was able to come up with a game plan to beat him. NOW...they've been in the ring with him and knows exactly how hard he punches...his angles, etc....When they watch this tape, they can figure out how to beat him worse. Danny merely opening up doesnt give Lucas a puncher's chance. I watched the fight again...and just as I thought initially..but even worse....LM has to be in a straight line to get his power off. I wont say he CANT move laterally, but when he does....he basically has no power! He throws looping shots like a mug. He has to be set and lined up...thats when he delivers the most power and leverage on his shots.

Lucas had trouble with the Boxing101 display shown by Swift. The shyt wasnt Rocket Science. Swift glued his right to his ear and when Lucas was in punching range he raised his left shoulder and tucked his chin. Sometimes when Danny was bending forward, he quickly skirted away from danger....other times he just clinched. It was a great game plan but I cant say it was anything ingenious about it. Just watch tape and dont get careless.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernard will lose easily to Floyd. I mean easily. First thing..Bernard is out for a payday...thats the only reason he would go back to 160. This wouldve been a different story had Bernard still been at 160...but after fighting at 175 for years....the only thing beneficial about coming back to 160 is the payday. Not to mention it wouldnt be a very exciting fight. Its a big PPV event I think...but its not much intrigue. Its almost like Roy vs Tito. Fans of both want to see it but what does it really mean? If anyone should be moving down to fight Floyd it should be Martinez. As crazy as a Hopkins fight sounds though...I think it has legs.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to harp on it but I really dont think you guys pay attention to what Matthysse says. In all the interviews I have heard of him pre fight and post fight...he gives off the impression that he doesnt feel he is on Danny's level. He talks like he was the underdog. He said yesterday that he thinks he deserves a rematch because he felt he gave a good showing. Dude...u were supposed to smoke Swift. Matthysse never complained about the KD and after the fight he was very gracious in defeat. He knew he had his hands full going into the fight even though everybody else had Swift knocked out. I think LM knows he has been riding a wave and that the previous 2 losses he had were not flukes. Basically, what it sounds like is...he wants another chance to land a lucky punch. The point of a rematch right now? I dont know. Even though it wasnt a totally dominant performance...it was clear cut and decisive. The Matthysse mystique is gone. He was on the canvas yet he never hurt Swift. It was a good scrap but not FOY candidate. The Peterson win is his best win on paper and most impressive...but if we take into consideration that Peterson may have been on a downer from roids, he fights a style that is exactly perfect for Matthysse, he is not a puncher...then I think easily Ajose becomes his best win. That doesnt say much after Lundy gave Ajose that work. :usure:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Bernard Hopkins throwing his name in the "Money Mayweather" stakes?:lupe:

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69687#ixzz2f8sMULkc
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Hopkins Ready For Mayweather: I'll Make 160 by May 3
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 9/16/2013 .

By Rick Reeno

There wasn't any misinterpretation of his statements from this past Saturday night. IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2, 32KOs) is ready and willing to drop down by two weight divisions to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) on May 3rd, likely at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather, regarded as the pound-for-pound king, is the WBC champion at 147-pounds and the WBC/WBA champion at 154-pounds.

Hopkins, who defends his title against mandatory Karo Murat (25-1-1, 15KOs) on October 26th, has not made the middleweight limit since facing Jermain Taylor in a rematch on December 3rd of 2005.

During a Monday night conversation with BoxingScene.com, Hopkins made it clear that his full focus at the moment is stacked on defending his title against Murat - but he is very confident that he can safely drop down to 160-pounds for a Mayweather fight.

"If I have time, I know my body, I know myself, I'll hire the best coaches," Hopkins told BoxingScene.com. "Yeah, if I got time and I'm not talking about this year, but if I got time after the 26th of October - and if they are serious about putting it together and the conversation becomes more serious - then yeah. I'm not just talking or rambling to get my name in the press. I mentioned it [this past weekend] because it was mentioned to me. Is it something that I can I do if want - yes. You have the two best minds in boxing. They both have an IQ and a defense that nobody can seem to break."

Hopkins would be 49-years-old by the time of the fight, and Mayweather would be 37. Dropping 15-pounds, says Hopkins, is not a big hurdle if the proper time is provided to do it - and a date of May 3 gives him more than enough time to get the weight right. Hopkins indicates that he often walks around very close to his fighting weight of 175-pounds, and has to consistently eat during camp in order to avoid burning off muscle during fierce training sessions.

"We are the best of our eras. Two legends, future hall of famers. You would have to have the judge who scored it a draw, [CJ Ross], to vote on whether or not I can get into the hall of fame and then maybe I might not get in there. At the end of the day, October 26th - you are talking about five months or better [afterwards] - not only for the hype part of it, but to have everything set up where I can start to get down and be effective. Not just get down and be there as a dead man - I have too much pride for that and that's not in Bernard Hopkins' makeup. Love me or hate me, but you have to respect me."

"To me, that would be the biggest fight from an urban standpoint in years. There will be 80-plus years of experience in the ring. When is the next time that you'll be writing for BoxingScene and see two fighters [like that in the ring] - where I have my own legacy and my own history, and Floyd has his own legacy and his own history. And God knows how the promotion and the All Access would turn out."

"I wouldn't open my mouth up to do something I can't do. Once I'm committed to something and put myself out there - yes [I can do it]. He got his own legacy and I'm not trying to piggyback off of nobody. I feel that I have the credentials of a straight-A student. We have the credentials and the personalities. To me, there hasn't been a big fight with two African Americans on this level since Ali-Foreman or Ali-Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns. That's how this will be portrayed because they were super-fights with two African American fighters. We haven't had that excitement in boxing in a long time. The closest we had was maybe Shane Mosley and Mayweather."

In terms of styles, Hopkins is confident that his style, along with his bag of tricks, is enough to take away the undefeated record of Mayweather.

"I'm telling you watch Bernard Hopkins on October 26th, watch my last fight. I was making Cloud miss and I don't run, I'm right there. And if I do take a chance and get hit, I show them my chin - it stands up most of the time if not all the time. Look at my history, and I'm not saying that anybody I fought was on his level - but I feel and I think I beat a lot of credible guys that a lot of people picked me to lose in those fights. This will motivate me to make history to show that I can still take my era, from the days of Roy Jones and James Toney, and bring it to his era. This is Floyd Mayweather's era. I know that anybody that I face in the ring, no matter who I fight, there will be a lot of writers questioning themselves on whether they should go against me," Hopkins said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:leon:

Mayweather shutout....12 rounds to 0.

Hopkins is too slow and doesnt throw enough punches in order to even bother Floyd. Funny thing is that why would Floyd fight a 160lber though when he only weighed in at 150 against Canelo AFTER rehydration?:rudy:
lg.php

:russ: BHOP crazy ass talking about making welterweight on
fighthype this nikka would look like an Aushwitz survivor at 147

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
well...it appears that way...but when did Matthysee hurt Danny? They saw tape of Lucas and was able to come up with a game plan to beat him. NOW...they've been in the ring with him and knows exactly how hard he punches...his angles, etc....When they watch this tape, they can figure out how to beat him worse. Danny merely opening up doesnt give Lucas a puncher's chance. I watched the fight again...and just as I thought initially..but even worse....LM has to be in a straight line to get his power off. I wont say he CANT move laterally, but when he does....he basically has no power! He throws looping shots like a mug. He has to be set and lined up...thats when he delivers the most power and leverage on his shots.
yeah i agree with you on those looping shots matthysse said going into the fight that he never looked at tape of danny garcia thats why i was giving him a lot of credit for seeing and slipping the garcia counter left hook right away because thats the majority of what danny garcia is offensively but matthysse could see it and he never got caught coming in by it. i think the adjustment matthysse never made however was never straightening his right hand everything was a looping overhand as you were saying. the way to stop a counter left hook or check left hook is to throw the straight right inside of it. buddy mcgirt knocked out howard davis with a straight right hand inside of his check left hook. garcia throws so many check left hooks every single round but matthysse would just slip under it and never throw the straight right hand inside of it. thats a big adjustment he can make just by straightening those shots out. that would cause a lot of problems for garcia because so much of his offense revolves around the counter left hook

iAB9J7WGGrtfU.gif

ibdzXFf3LS8EIt.gif

one other adjustment is that garcia never moves his head. fighters that dont have head movement hate the jab and matthysse never threw it. if garcia was to fight someone with a jab and a straight right hand he would have major difficulties someone like floyd would pick him apart with little pot shots and quick straight rights.

ik9EEytdGINGL.gif

ibfE4KIOguYo0m.gif

in my opinion garcia fought a perfect fight against matthysse and matthysse fought an imprefect fight so the room to adjust is not with garcia its with matthysse. i think matthysse must step in hard with the jab and straighten out the right hand two things he did not do that would make everything a lot harder for garcia because he is so focused on countering big shots and thats all matthysse was showing him every single round were those big looping shots. if anything the fight matthysse fought fed into everything garcias style wants to see and it was still a close fight which he lost realistically by a just few rounds. in other words matthysse did everything wrong and still fought a decent fight. if he makes a couple little adjustments i feel he could swing those few rounds that he dropped. garcia not so much room to adjust at all.

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
excellent assessment. I just question whether or not Matthysse can do it. He could definitely look better earlier in a rematch....but how long before he forgets what he is supposed to do and revert? Lucas is a good fighter but its like someone else said here...his level of competition hurt him...and possibly his sparring and training. He needs an overhaul to come better in a rematch.