Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Maybe this is stupid but I felt like Lucas had to fight stupider in there. He's obviously at a skill disadvantage against any decent boxer. Not like Garcia is Mayweather, and he still got to him a few times.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Probably the smart thing to do. After that I don't see anyone who currently fights at 140 who can beat him. He can try to line up a few matches and make some money and get some wins. If he goes to 147, even though I think he would fare well, after all the momentum his career has taken recently throwing him to Mayweather probably isn't the smartest thing...unless you want to cash in on the big payday. I think he could match up well with Maidana, Alexander, Bradley, and Broner...but why move up and become one of the me too guys when you can rule 140.
Garcia is not staying at 140........

They'll move him up and if he doesn't get a Mayweather fight instantly he fights a soft touch at 147 like Paulie Malinaggi in the Barclays..................................

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
First take is talking about boxing :snoop:.

I wish they would get a Teddy Atlas or some other ESPN nikka that knows what he/she is talking about.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Maybe this is stupid but I felt like Lucas had to fight stupider in there. He's obviously at a skill disadvantage against any decent boxer. Not like Garcia is Mayweather, and he still got to him a few times.
he didnt want to get countered

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
one other adjustment is that garcia never moves his head. fighters that dont have head movement hate the jab and matthysse never threw it. if garcia was to fight someone with a jab and a straight right hand he would have major difficulties someone like floyd would pick him apart with little pot shots and quick straight rights.

Zab did give him some trouble with his jab and straight left. Zab's only issue was that he didn't mix up his attack enough.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zab did give him some trouble with his jab and straight left. Zab's only issue was that he didn't mix up his attack enough.

Zab never mixes up his attack and he never had a game plan. If there is a fighter I stanned like shyt it was Zab...but he is a frontrunner because of his tremendous speed and decent power. Once you adjust to his speed he really is limited from that point. Matthysse's problem is he cant deal with movers because he fights in a straight line. Alexander doesnt even move a whole lot but he works the jab and the jab freezes Matthysse. He doesnt want to be countered and when you throw combos on him he can only go into a shell and go back. Matthysse is deadly when he can come straight forward in a line...but he has to have a cooperating opponent to do it. Most fighters on the championship level know how to negate that shyt.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll bet you the mantra in Danny's camp every day was "dont let him get set!" the few times he was able to get set he landed...like the now imfamous mouthpiece punch. of course if you cant crack your opponent's chin and you are known primarily for your power...its gonna be a rough night.

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
Gents, it's Tuesday so that means BadCulture Radio is back tonight. Tonight we are talking The One of course, Porter/Diaz, Jack/Periban, Andre Ward showing up at this Golden Boy hype/weigh in, maybe some Gabe Rosado vs Peter Quillin and last but certainly not least, f'd up scoring by CJ Ross. On the desk is IAS for BeatsBoxingMayhem and RB from BadLeftHook. If you want to call in, the number is 347.945.6550

Show is on at 8pm Pacific Standard Time.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theopinionationradionetwork/2013/09/18/badculture-radio

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Mikey Garcia vs Rocky Martinez Official for Nov 9th on HBO for Martinez' 130lb title.

:shaq:

Looks like Mikey's done officially done with 126.

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
I was never a Danny Swift hater but after this weekend, the kid gets much props from me. I too thought Lucas was gonna run through that ass.

So riddle me this Coli, who's Matthysse's tune up when he comes back?