Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What exactly is the point of a rematch??

Lucas ain't goin be looked at as this unstoppable monster anymore

Lucas is the rabbit punching bully who got out bullied, out boxed, dropped N his face fractured:jawalrus:

Danny moving on to better things now

#swiftset:demonic:

:blessed:

there is no point of a rematch unless Lucas is willing to give Danny a bigger share of the pie than he got this time while he takes even less than he got paid this past weekend to get outboxed even worse or possibly stopped....which would ruin what little bit of marketability he has stateside.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Canelo is just as much as a headcase as Ortiz, he needed to points off Saturday, Canelo just has faced over matched opponents no one who would take him to the doghouse and bring that out in him

i did see canelo getting frustrated at times in there, he had a couple low blows, as well some sneaky elbows, hitting behind the head also.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Danny will open up sooner as well
That's Lucas only shot at winning. Is if Danny gets careless and let's his guard down. But he's shown he's not gonna just get lured into a brawl like Mr. Peterson.

He's smarter than that. If he fights the same we he fought on Saturday night, he wins again.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
ala Morales but hopefully Lucas has a gameplan this time.

Lucas to me just needs to use his jab more and shorten his punches, he was effective when he had jab going against Danny. Besides the body attack there were not that many shots Lucas hit Danny with that were severe (like the mouth piece punch, which was nice and crisp), Danny saw most of those looping shots coming.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucas to me just needs to use his jab more and shorten his punches, he was effective when he had jab going against Danny. Besides the body attack there were not that many shots Lucas hit Danny with that were severe (like the mouth piece punch, which was nice and crisp), Danny saw most of those looping shots coming.

see, thats the thing....can he and will he though? there is a reason why he was inconsistent with the jab...whether its a lack of focus or he didnt want to be countered or whatever.

anyway...I made a post here weeks back and I said that Lucas is one of those guys that is right there at the championship window looking in...but its something that he is missing that keeps him below that level. I said then I thought it was that he didnt put his foot on the gas until too late...like against Judah and Alexander. while that still may be true....he is just easily bewildered by boxing skill and it takes him a long time to make adjustments. He cant fight going backwards it doesnt seem...and his footwork doesnt look sound enough to cut off the ring. He just comes straight forward or straight back. He has to get set pretty much. Combinations, lateral movement, and clinching throws him off his square....literally.

You can fight him a certain way for 3 rounds...then by the time he figures out what's going on....you switch up what your doing for another 3 rounds...which he will have to adjust to...by that time he is gonna be down on points and his power wont be as crisp. Then he will start getting desperate.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There's a reason Matthyse was hesitant N didn't jab that much...he didn't want to get countered:russ:

He had one round I think the 6th where he was effective with the Jab N I think that was cuz Swift was aurprised dude started jabbing the next round that shyt stopped quick:lolbron:

The first couple rounds Matthysse was slipping the hook nicely....Swift adapted N started landing more from the 4th round on....if theres a rematch shyt goin get ugly:smugfavre:

Daps
What exactly is the point of a rematch??

Lucas ain't goin be looked at as this unstoppable monster anymore

Lucas is the rabbit punching bully who got out bullied, out boxed, dropped N his face fractured:jawalrus:

Danny moving on to better things now

#swiftset:demonic:

:blessed:

It's over for him.He is no longer "the monster" and the only way of he can get the belt now is as an interim since Danny is moving up hopefully to fight Collazo at 147 lbs to get use to the weight. Would you favor him in a Judah rematch, I wouldn't? LaMont is about to lose the belt and Lundy would outwork Matthysse, it's him trying to save face and get one last big pay check.

32 years ago to the day

Classic fight. One of my favorites

one of the greatest fights ever so much going on in it role reserve etc

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not so fast

Ben Jacobs ‏@Ben2012_London2h
All that said, ESPN Deportes now quotes Golden Boy saying the rematch would only have existed if García lost. So we'll have to see.

:smugdraper:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They shouldn't do a rematch.... yet. I do wanna see one down the road, maybe 2, 3 fights.

I think Danny should stay at 140 too and try to become Undisputed Champion if possible cause I really don't see anybody beating him at that weight.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There's a video on boxingscene where Angel says Danny makes weight easy N he wants Swift to stay at 140...that until he struggles to make weight hes a JWW N should stay there

By the respect Angel Gives Floyd N the way He N Swift Answer when the question is brought up they don't want that Fight for a while:ld:

Angel also said Matthysse was sent to the Hospital with a fukked up eye N broken jaw:ohhh::gladbron::youngsabo:

Swift should already be undisputed champ really, a fight with Peterson now doesnt really do much

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
There's a video on boxingscene where Angel says Danny makes weight easy N he wants Swift to stay at 140...that until he struggles to make weight hes a JWW N should stay there

By the respect Angel Gives Floyd N the way He N Swift Answer when the question is brought up they don't want that Fight for a while:ld:

Angel also said Matthysse was sent to the Hospital with a fukked up eye N broken jaw:ohhh::gladbron::youngsabo:

Swift should already be undisputed champ really, a fight with Peterson now doesnt really do much
Probably the smart thing to do. After that I don't see anyone who currently fights at 140 who can beat him. He can try to line up a few matches and make some money and get some wins. If he goes to 147, even though I think he would fare well, after all the momentum his career has taken recently throwing him to Mayweather probably isn't the smartest thing...unless you want to cash in on the big payday. I think he could match up well with Maidana, Alexander, Bradley, and Broner...but why move up and become one of the me too guys when you can rule 140.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From a boxing perspective that is a smart move.

However, this is a business & if your offered a career high payday, you have to take it. The reality of is, is that it's a win-win situation.

• You get a career high pay day
  • You get experience fighting one of the best fighters of all time
  • Garcia has shown he can take care of himself in the ring, I doubt he would physically take a beating
  • He can go back to 140 lbs after the fight is over, still the linear champion

I give Garcia a lot of credit. I definitely underrated him. I still feel he is a very vulnerable champion. It's in his team's best option to make that fight as soon as possible.

I also believe if he can make 140 lbs comfortably, he should stay, & only move up if a Mayweather fight is offered.

Last edited: