Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Matthysse still passes the eye test after taking a asswhipping 3/4 of the fight and almost getting knocked out the ring:pachaha:

Its pure hate breh, how can you not like Garcia hes cleaned out his division form top to bottom to prospects like Theophane, to bangers no one want to face like ****:mindblown:

I expected Garcia to be getting that love from Floyd haters:manny:

Matthysse never passed the eye test to me to say he was the best in the division like most were saying. To me, he is just like his brother with a better chin. His power and chin make him a formidable foe....but he is extremely unbalanced. He is kinda like a jmw version of Ray Mercer. With his power and chin he can always be the #1 contender but he is below true world championship status.

A lot of nikkas is just salty because they been having Garcia knocked out every since they saw what happened to Peterson. Peterson is not a smart fighter and has a terrible style giving his attributes and physical ability. Plus...if he was really juicing for Khan and had to come down for LM....then :manny:

We said it when the fight was signed..the winner would be the king of 140 no if, ands, or buts, but nikkas still wont acknowledge. now themz the nikkas thats hatin.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
they count the number of punches Floyd throws in camp. he has to throw a certain amount. people sound real ignorant...even professionals...like I think it was Hatton that said (in reference to Floyd working the pads) that nobody is gonna get hit that many times unless you stand right there and let them hit you.

they miss the whole point. its funny because Floyd works pads like that but he dont even throw many combinations. the pad work and throwing a certain amount of punches is for REPETITION!!!! it keeps him sharp, helps his stamina, and most importantly...it hones his accuracy. its like Larry Bird used to go in the gym and shoot like 1000 jumpers a day or some shyt.
Thank you.... shyt is absurd to think other wise.....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Butthurt ass nikkas use the weakest ways to troll step yall game up, Danny won 7 of the first 10 rounds, didnt even budge at Matthysse best punch after his mouthpiece was knocked in the crowd,
I think that was what most shocked me. Danny handled Matthysse's punches like they wasn't nothing and while i was riding for Garcia (always support the local team right here) I didn't think he would take Matthysse's punches so well.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that was what most shocked me. Danny handled Matthysse's punches like they wasn't nothing and while i was riding for Garcia (always support the local team right here) I didn't think he would take Matthysse's punches so well.

I think a lot of people thought he would fall like Peterson...but something about Peterson didnt look right...and the shots Matthysse was hitting him with were barely landing from what I saw. There really was no reason for me to think Danny couldnt handle the shots but then again....the key thing is...he didnt eat a lot of them either. He knew he was gonna get hit a few times but the key was not to eat too many or let LM get the right angle and leverage. Most punchers are head hunters too. They fail to work the body and they often abandon the jab...if they have one at all. Matthysse is a guy that will knock you the fukk out if you go in there and let him get off....but at the same time....if you have decent skills and a game plan you can beat him.

Another thing....as it got closer to fight time I almost was for sure Danny was gonna beat this guy and even stop him. Why? Well, Matthysse actually showed Danny more respect than the media or any of you other nikkas did. In his interviews he said "if Danny knocks me down I am gonna get up", "we are both gonna beat each other up", "its gonna be a tough 12 rounds", etc....I didnt see in any interview where he said he was gonna kill Danny or the fight wouldnt go past round "x". LM knew he was in for a tough fight and not just going in to pick up an easy belt. Matthysse is a good fighter...but he knows his place. He aint no killer against top-level opposition.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I dont think its pure hate. I just think that Danny is a guy that is a workman like fighter...so it doesnt look like he is that good when given the eye test. Froch is another guy like that who comes to mind. He is a lot better fighter than he looks. Matthysse is a decent fighter...but flawed. He is like a better version of Bredis Prescott.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about Danny..i respect him as a fighter now but doesn't mean im going to get by him ASAP. I'm just going to watch how his career plays out from this. Still a big fan of Lucas and I'm looking forward toward his return from this loss.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you nikkas still hating Danny and dikk riding Mattysse.......:childplease: I told you nikkas, when you going to listen:sitdown:

before i forget, where is that mothafukka who said you dont train to throw a bunch of punches when you train? I told you, if you train in spurts that shyt wont help you. You always Throw a lot of punches when you train.

:dead: @ pacing your self when fighting the best fighter on the planet

any fool that tries to pace themselves against Floyd is sure to lose every fukkin round :pachaha:
if there is any formula (or blueprint :scusthov:) to beat Floyd...its relentless pressure and overtaxing of his defense.
at the end of the fight Canelo said what everybody else always says after the fight...."I couldnt get to him" "he's too elusive"

:bryan:nikka u 23 and this dude is 36 and you talkin some shyt bout u couldnt get to him. really...did yall really think this nikka was gonna come in and bully Floyd just because he had 15 lbs on him? the dude is just like Oscar....slow ass feet. gaining 15 lbs just assured he wasnt gonna be able to track Floyd down.
and :stopitslime:at the commentators saying he needs to cut the ring off on Floyd. :dwillhuh: how?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much sums up my feelings about Danny..i respect him as a fighter now but doesn't mean im going to get by him ASAP. I'm just going to watch how his career plays out from this. Still a big fan of Lucas and I'm looking forward toward his return from this loss.

if you are a fan of LM because of his KO power and excitement, nothing wrong with that...I said that in the past. if you think he is the future of any division, think again. he is headed towards gatekeeper status and fodder for up and coming guys with boxing skill so they can put an impressive name on their resume. he is the perfect opponent. just like when Crawford fought Prescott. its a good look for a guy to outbox a person who is seemingly a killer in the ring, even though that killer gets confused with movement and gets his rhythm thrown off easily. this is why I said I would pick Khan to beat Matthysse, but nikkas was like no way Khan can stand up to him for 12 rounds. (same thing said about Danny) what you must realize is...with guys like Matthysse...you only have to outbox his ass for 4 rounds...then thats pretty much it. after the first 3 or 4 rounds of the Garcia fight...I was taking bathroom and beer breaks...I was like he got this nikka now.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kid Choc gonna put a hurtin on Rosado...then we will see if GGG fight can get done. Just hope he dont get Vince Phillip'ed by Kryptonite. :gladbron:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

BHOP thinks Floyd is top 3 all time.......

Greatness respect greatness...................

Shame BHOP aint the best of his generation which he would have been had there be no Floyd, put BHOP in any other era and he could own that title by himself

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Rumors are that Matthysse vs Garcia rematch is set in stone all that needs to finalized is the date:beli:

This is coming from Lucas, I hope its a lie, but then again Zab was sure he had a Garcia rematch also

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Rumors are that Matthysse vs Garcia rematch is set in stone all that needs to finalized is the date:beli:

This is coming from Lucas, I hope its a lie, but then again Zab was sure he had a Garcia rematch also

I doubt it...Swift goin on vacation then moving up to 147

All Matthysse gotta do is sit tight N he geta a belt once Danny vacates cuz we know GBP ain't letting them belts go anywhere N there aren't many fighters with Swifts Chin N power that'll give Matthysse problems

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

All Matthysse gotta do is sit tight N he geta a belt once Danny vacates cuz we know GBP ain't letting them belts go anywhere N there aren't many fighters with Swifts Chin N power that'll give Matthysse problems
I doubt it too breh, shyt just irked me that this is coming from Lucas mouth trying to rally his stupid ass fan base, he knows damn well Garcia is far ahead of him and aint looking back

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that Zab is with GBP, pencil him in for a title shot...whether its with Peterson or one of the belts Danny vacates. Matthysse gonna get a crack at a title soon too, maybe against Zab for a vacant.

GOAT Quote - "we have a new Manny Pacquiao...and his name is Lucas "the Machine" Matthysse!!!"

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

LM is trying to stir the pot so when Danny moves to 147, his fans can say oh he ducked a rematch, Garcia had fear in his eyes, he's scared, he only won cause he closed Matthysse eye, oh LM only got knockdown nearly out the ring cause of ropes and all type of shyt:pachaha:

How do you see a Floyd Garcia match playing out, and is you gonna be repping TMT or swiftset:lupe: