Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
did any of yall have canelo winning any rounds? I had it 12-0 Floyd
can't even think of a struggle round to give cinnamon

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Sorry I missed the great discussion here. Had a fight party with the brother and our ladies.

Cano: I really like him, in that all his fights I have watched were entertaining. He may not be an A level fighter, but he can compete vs most anyone except the top tier. Thought he won pretty clearly, despite inexplicable slowing in the mid rounds. For what it is worth, I thought he beat Paulie in their fight.

Molina - Ishe: Boring fight. Was actually hoping it was a draw...since no one deserved to win it. No real power shots landed, both pitty patting all night long. One of those fights I don't think you take away the title holders belt, if neither fighter is going to do anything worthwhile.

Matthysse-Garcia: A great fight. I think a lot of the novice watchers probably are disappointed since the devasting KD wasn't there. But these two fought each other head to head and lesser fighters would have been disposed of (by either guy). Matthysse was looking good early on, but slowly Garcia's footwork made it so Matthysse couldn't get Garcia lined up to land his power shots quite the way he is used to. Garcia continues to impress me with the fact that despite not being great at anything, he is really good at everything and has no glaring weaknesses. Still have Matthysse number 2 at 140, I don't know who I would pick besides Garcia to beat him. At 147, I think Matthysse is in for some trouble. Garcia may not end up top 2 or 3 at 147, but I think he makes a successful campaign.

Mayweather-Canelo: Early on it looked like easy work for Mayweather. What was so impressive is how Mayweather managed to be the aggressor most of the fight, yet was the one slipping all the punches. :wow: Right now, unless it is father time, I don't see anyone on Mayweather's level right now. Canelo is in a tough spot. Long term Canelo can be a great 154 lb fighter and could get a title again. I think he could compete and/or beat anyone at 154, except Floyd. But with his size a move to 160 in the future may be necessary...right now I think he gets lit up at 160...he would have to improve A LOT.

Fun day. Actually my first PPV buy, usually do the week after watching on HBO/Showtime...but the fact that the undercard was main even worthy had me hyped up.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What's with all the Canelo has to move up nonsense?? He jus made 152 N looked good didn't look drained:childplease:

He still got a fight with Cotto thatll be PPV...He can fight Angulo which would be must see slugfest...After Ortiz has a tune up or two Canelo can beat the shyt outta that dummy...he can easily get the belt off Molina or if Floyd vacates get that one

What is there for him at 160??:smugfavre:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Danny, but please stop acting like Mathysse didn't work Danny and Danny wasn't shook. Danny was clearly shook of Lucas. Clearly, he was scared. He low blowed Lucas like 4 times and kept holding. He did well the second half of the fight, but I didn't agree with the cards. The fight was much closer. He was headbutting like crazy. He headbutted Lucas like 2-3 times. In a rematch, Danny is losing. I don't wanna see a rematch though. I wanna see Danny-Guerrero. Don't tell me you saying Danny better than Canelo. That's a very inaccurate and bold statement.

Danny v Mayweather???? REALLY??? LIKE RELLY NEGGA???

Danny is no threat to Floyd...but comparing him to Canelo as far as fighters? Danny has the edge. Danny is a harder puncher P4P. His hook is bigger. He is a smarter fighter too I think when it comes to adjustments. I would say Danny is slightly the better fighter if not more. Canelo is good....and getting better, but I dont think his power is there and he really hasnt fought a killer in terms of skill and punching power combined. The most skillful fighter he faced besides Floyd was Trout and Trout couldve won that fight. Not counting 39 year old Shane. Anybody can see Shane from 3 or 4 years prior easily beats Canelo. Its not to bash Canelo...he and Danny are both good but I just think Danny is a lil bit better right now.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
What's with all the Canelo has to move up nonsense?? He jus made 152 N looked good didn't look drained:childplease:

He still got a fight with Cotto thatll be PPV...He can fight Angulo which would be must see slugfest...After Ortiz has a tune up or two Canelo can beat the shyt outta that dummy...he can easily get the belt off Molina or if Floyd vacates get that one

The only thing waiting for Canelo at 160 is an ass kicking. Dude is too small for that weight class. Dudes like Quillen, GGG, Murray, Barker, Geale, etc are all too big and physical for dude. shyt, he'd prolly go life and death with Vera. Ginger would be 5'7 fighting guys that are 5'10-6'2 and outweighing him by 10-15 pounds. If he couldn't finish off Trout, he'd be hard pressed to stop the big boys.

All those fights you listed at 154 for Canelo would be entertaining as hell. 154 is just right for Canelo and his physical build. He just has to train and not balloon up in weight between fights.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah, I dont know why people think he is too big for 154. Canelo doesnt stay in top condition and thats why he get so big. Also why he has stamina issues likely because of rapid weight loss. He rarely weighs in at 154 iirc. 154 is the best weight for him and he can do some damage and make some good money there in the meantime. No sense in jumping to 160 right now to face guys who are stronger and some are just as fast or faster.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's because he's always fought tomato cans...

When has he ever been in a fight where he had to deal with adversity and overcame it?

Matthysse was able to get to Danny when he utilized his jab but he has zero discipline...He inexplicably kept abandoning the jab and when he couldn't hurt Danny with those short rights you saw him get visibly frustrated...Then his right eye shut on him and it was a wrap...

Matthysse is a product of nikkas getting way too gassed and impressed by KO's...I'm more impressed with hard fought decision because you learn more about a guy like how he handles adversity...Aside for Peterson who imo lost because he came in scared with the wrong gameplan...this dude Matthysse has fought three above average fighters and lost to all three of them by decision...If he can't knock you out, he ain't winning...

also...Matthysse is a rhythm fighter. thats why he starts so slow. how do you break rhythm? doing what Danny did, movement and clinching, then firing combinations. Truth be told though...Danny showed a lil too much respect for LM. I was screaming at the TV. had he opened up, he wouldve stopped LM. of course he wouldve put himself in harms way to do so and didnt want to take that risk. The only reason I didnt win more Coli Cash is because I bet some on Danny by KO/TKO. When he got the KD I thought we had it....

Before the fight I posted that you were going to see a shocker and I still think you did...because even with a decision...how many wouldve guessed LM would touch the canvas and Danny wouldnt?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have much time to post here and my phne is crap so I only post at home. :manny:

I was rooting for Garcia because I like him, but I just think he was playing scared last night. I was expecting him to be more dominant. I ll rewatch the fight again

were you rooting for him or did you think he was going to win? thats two different things. If you thought he was going to win then he fought the exact way you shouldve expected him to. did he fight cautious? hell yeah. he was very careful in concerns to LM's power. I'd bet you in a rematch Danny would KO him though now that he has been 12 rounds with him.

Still :snoop: at those odds though. The Peterson fight was fools gold if I ever seen it. Peterson has talent but a bad style. He is a tall pressure fighter with no power. The thing that made people say :ohhh: is because Peterson is pretty durable. I mean he has never been blown out.

All is not lost for LM though..if Danny vacates...he's good money to pick up a title.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

A fight with Jr. at 160 would be huge but I don't think Jr. will ever make 160 again

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Matthysse is fine...he got a Zab rematch, a Maidana showdown, loser of Khan vs Alexander, Lopez, Thurman, Guerrero

It would be nice if Alvarado N Rios weren't TR

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
mathysse garcia was a good fight. a chess match. i was wondering if danny was going to land his counter left hook and he couldnt matthysse saw it from the jump but as a consequence matthysse couldnt get on top of garcia like he wanted to because he always had to respect it and be a lot more cautious. matthysse likes to come forward and pause and let his opponent get off first you see matthysse pressing in and then pausing and then pressing in again over and over and its because he's waiting for a reaction to counter it and if there is no reaction as he comes in he will let his hands go. but the thing with garcia is he never wants to be first he likes to wait and counter.thats why it was such a chess match both fighters where waiting for the other to get off and it created a cold war in the ring much of the time. i will say this that height and reach difference bothered matthysse much more than i thought it would. that height and size of garcia when put togther with the fact that matthysse had to respect the counter left hook so much every round basically froze him out of the fight and garcia never wanting to be first and to let his hands go enough to give matthysse a chance to catch him at any point in time basically sealed his fate for the rest of the night. i was surprsied that matthysse's left side of his face was so damaged because i cant recall him getting hit there with any hard shots regularly. his jaw looked like he had a mouthfull of food in the left side of his mouth i cant say i remember him getting hit hard enough to create that kind of facial damage. very suspicious to me.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
mathysse garcia was a good fight. a chess match. i was wondering if danny was going to land his counter left hook and he couldnt matthysse saw it from the jump but as a consequence matthysse couldnt get on top of garcia like he wanted to because he always had to respect it and be a lot more cautious. matthysse likes to come forward and pause and let his opponent get off first you see matthysse pressing in and then pausing and then pressing in again over and over and its because he's waiting for a reaction to counter it and if there is no reaction as he comes in he will let his hands go. but the thing with garcia is he never wants to be first he likes to wait and counter.thats why it was such a chess match both fighters where waiting for the other to get off and it created a cold war in the ring much of the time. i will say this that height and reach difference bothered matthysse much more than i thought it would. that height and size of garcia when put togther with the fact that matthysse had to respect the counter left hook so much every round basically froze him out of the fight and garcia never wanting to be first and to let his hands go enough to give matthysse a chance to catch him at any point in time basically sealed his fate for the rest of the night. i was surprsied that matthysse's left side of his face was so damaged because i cant recall him getting hit there with any hard shots regularly. his jaw looked like he had a mouthfull of food in the left side of his mouth i cant say i remember him getting hit hard enough to create that kind of facial damage. very suspicious to me.

Its those Garcia loaded wraps breh...you should really contact the Nevada boxing commission before Swift does it again

:dead:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
swollen jaw is a rare injury to sustain in boxing you usually will not see fighters with swollen jaws. you have to get hit very very hard in the face for it to swell up there it does not happen very often. ali had a swollen jaw against frazier in the fight of the century but that was after getting hit with frazier's left hook a couple hundred times.

ali-420x0.jpg

i dont recall matthysse getting tagged with the left hook like that at all to have recieved that level of injury to his jaw area. even the eye closing seemed like it came out of nowhere. i will say this about danny garcia for the record: danny garcia seems to hit very hard, for a man who doesnt seem to look like hes hitting very hard

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
ive never seen a mouse relocate to the jaw. you can see it parallel to his mouth like he has a mouthfull of something. fighters get hit with a lot of big left hooks and dont swell up on the jaw like matthysse did last night

ece3f02024d66c1f3d0f6a7067001a94.jpg