Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:umad:

How many times did Matthysse hit behind the head like that nikka always do N did to Peterson?? How many times did he hold swift down by the neck causing them low blows??

Swift Scary??:aicmon: He broke that nikka down fukked his face up N had him hesitant to throw punches... oh N then he dropped his ass for good measure:ahh:

Danny aint seein Floyd nobody is but he sure af earned his shot N that payday:birdman:

I ain't mad. I was rooting for Danny and I know Danny is good. I been knowing Danny is good but I was expecting him to come out and beat the crap outta Lucas with combos and the left hook. Danny was running away and holding early in the fight, which pissed me off. Maybe it was the gameplan, but let's be real. Danny was shook. I did not expect that.

You neggas are blinded by your stanning. I m not. I agree with him earning a shot though. He should have 2 fights under his belt at 147 then get to Floyd. Tbh, I wanna see him vs Lopez or vs Ortiz or Berto. Like 2 easy fights so he can feel more comfy before seeing Floyd. 147 is dangerous :merchant:

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not sure how it looked on TV, but ringside we all knew it was over by about the third. Canelo was shut down in about every facet of pugilism possible. I've covered every Floyd fights sans Ortiz from press row since Marquez, and last night was the best I've seen him in look in terms of putting everything together. His feints, the upper body defense that had Canelo's right hand looking like kitten taps, to the precision counters... it was just a beautiful performance.

No 36 year old fighter after 17 years in the game has any business looking that good. Now the big problem is opponents. Garcia was brought up but I'd like to see Danny run through the other guys at 147 first. Guerrero turned down Thurman, maybe he'd fancy getting some work for a higher payday from Garcia.

Those of you trying to downplay Matthysse need to cut it out. You are actually diminishing Danny's performance when you do that. He took some heavy shots throughout the first six rounds and nearly every other 140 pounder would have succumbed to that pressure, especially those body shots. It wasn't just the game plan, Garcia had to have the toughness and chin to carry it out, which he did. I loved that fight and the last 30 seconds in round 12 were just great.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Not sure how it looked on TV, but ringside we all knew it was over by about the third. Canelo was shut down in about every facet of pugilism possible. I've covered every Floyd fights sans Ortiz from press row since Marquez, and last night was the best I've seen him in look in terms of putting everything together. His feints, the upper body defense that had Canelo's right hand looking like kitten taps, to the precision counters... it was just a beautiful performance.
Interesting about the vantage points, because it seemed on TV Floyd was comfortable but wasn't really controlling the action until the 6th/7th.

But then again Floyd is so great people distort their view of what "it's over" and "he's dominating" is.

well, we should get the casuals in and get them to know boxing. Let's not act like the fools on the soccer thread. Let's be more welcoming to them all

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
Son was lookin sad as shyt in the press conference.
Tuesday night's show
DSC_0630.jpg

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

No 36 year old fighter after 17 years in the game has any business looking that good. Now the big problem is opponents. Garcia was brought up but I'd like to see Danny run through the other guys at 147 first. Guerrero turned down Thurman, maybe he'd fancy getting some work for a higher payday from Garcia.

Those of you trying to downplay Matthysse need to cut it out. You are actually diminishing Danny's performance when you do that. He took some heavy shots throughout the first six rounds and nearly every other 140 pounder would have succumbed to that pressure, especially those body shots. It wasn't just the game plan, Garcia had to have the toughness and chin to carry it out, which he did. I loved that fight and the last 30 seconds in round 12 were just great.

garcia didn't wanna brawl at all. He picked Lucas apart and put in work cuz his chin is great and he has power too. I just wanted him to be more aggressive and he was holding too much

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Interesting about the vantage points, because it seemed on TV Floyd was comfortable but wasn't really controlling the action until the 6th/7th.

But then again Floyd is so great people distort their view of what "it's over" and "he's dominating" is.

no wonder y all be talking off topic and nonsensical

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I ain't mad. I was rooting for Danny and I know Danny is good. I been knowing Danny is good but I was expecting him to come out and beat the crap outta Lucas with combos and the left hook. Danny was running away and holding early in the fight, which pissed me off. Maybe it was the gameplan, but let's be real. Danny was shook. I did not expect that.

You neggas are blinded by your stanning. I m not. I agree with him earning a shot though. He should have 2 fights under his belt at 147 then get to Floyd. Tbh, I wanna see him vs Lopez or vs Ortiz or Berto. Like 2 easy fights so he can feel more comfy before seeing Floyd. 147 is dangerous :merchant:

Interesting cuz I don't really recall you in here saying swift was beat the crap outta Matthysse with hook N combos:comeon:

So Swift busts the nikkas face N drops him, outboxes him, shows his chin N toughness, shows his stamina, pretty much proves the whole damn world wrong N you aint happy :beli:

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
garcia didn't wanna brawl at all. He picked Lucas apart and put in work cuz his chin is great and he has power too. I just wanted him to be more aggressive and he was holding too much

Danny would have been taking a nap by brawling. Although it would have been nice if we got a full round or two like the closing seconds of the 12th, no need to play to Lucas's strengths.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
well, we should get the casuals in and get them to know boxing. Let's not act like the fools on the soccer thread. Let's be more welcoming to them all

but some of them really say stupid stuff..i just had an argument with one about pernell whitaker..talmbout hes just had a name i throw out when i question something about floyd and that floyd's comp is better than the comp sweet pea faced which is :russ:..some are just lost beyond repair

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Interesting cuz I don't really recall you in here saying swift was beat the crap outta Matthysse with hook N combos:comeon:

So Swift busts the nikkas face N drops him, outboxes him, shows his chin N toughness, shows his stamina, pretty much proves the whole damn world wrong N you aint happy :beli:

I don't have much time to post here and my phne is crap so I only post at home. :manny:

I was rooting for Garcia because I like him, but I just think he was playing scared last night. I was expecting him to be more dominant. I ll rewatch the fight again

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that would be stupid to play into lucas strength's