Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I swear nikkas stan Floyd so much around here it's ridiculous. :snoop: It's like if you don't praise him as god and shyt on the other ring legends before him, nikkas will question your boxing knowledge :heh:

Floyd won like 10 or 11 rounds, but none of them were big dominating rounds. It's like dude did just enough to edge them out. nikkas were saying Canelo was going to get the Gatti treatment, but he ending up getting the Baldomier treatment instead which isn't a bad thing. A win is a win. Just calling it like I saw it. :manny:

I believe he belongs in the discussions when talking about Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, and Joe Loius. Dude has absolutely mastered his craft.

And i dont stan him at all.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I believe he belongs in the discussions when talking about Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, and Joe Loius. Dude has absolutely mastered his craft.

And i dont stan him at all.

I can respect your opinion breh.

Dude is definitely an ATG, but I can't put him on the same level as Ali, Robinson, SRL, RJJ, etc...and I don't feel that makes me a hater. I just don't feel that he beat nikkas as good as the ones that those guys beat to say he's on their level. nikkas can disagree with my opinion, but at least respect it. I've talked to lots of people who feel the same way.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Dude is definitely an ATG, but I can't put him on the same level as Ali, Robinson, SRL, RJJ, etc...and I don't feel that makes me a hater. I just don't feel that he beat nikkas as good as the ones that those guys beat to say he's on their level. nikkas can disagree with my opinion, but at least respect it. I've talked to lots of people who feel the same way.
:usure:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Other than Roy, those other guys fought in great eras.

I had this conversation with my ol lady last night. She says she doesn't want to watch another Floyd fight becuz she believes the guys he's fighting aren't that good. I had to tell her that this may not be the best era for fighting but it's a damn good one and that these guys he's fighting are damn good fighters.

The problem here is that Floyd is lightyears ahead of the competition. So its not about how bad the comp is, it's more about how good that dude is compared to them.

I get what you're saying tho. I remember having the Ortiz/Floyd fight tied after 4 rounds and one of these cats told me I knew nothing about boxing. I boxed all through high school and was an alternate on the Marine boxing team 5 years ago. :heh:

My homeboy who I was stationed when I was on the team was appalled that I gave Canelo 3 rounds. He thought it was a sweep.

Some of these cats just know Floyd and nothing else.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
BUNMdweIgAANGmx.jpg

Yep all over the newspapers here in the uk.

Hes barely been married for a year and is already getting caught.

Guess them ibiza rumours a few months ago were true aswell

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I hope yall listened when I said bet on the decision...

Easy work...easy money...

That boy Danny came through for me to, I admit I wasn't confident on that one but I knew Danny wasn't getting KTFO...That boy has a granite chin, I was more worried about Matthysse's handspeed on the inside...but Danny handled that like a champ, counter punched very effectively and let them combos rain down on the body...granted the right eye shutting on Matthysse was big but that was truly a masterful performance by Danny and the most impressive of the night IMO...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:snoop:

This is exactly the shyt I'm talking about. Why can't nikkas just respect the opinion. Is it some gigantic reach to say that Floyd has never beaten anybody as good as a prime George Foreman let alone
stop them.
we dont respect incorrect opinions :ld:

and I bold faced RJJ, there was no mention of George Foreman.

Yep all over the newspapers here in the uk.

Hes barely been married for a year and is already getting caught.

Guess them ibiza rumours a few months ago were true aswell
He was wacking off in a :deadmanny: shirt :russ:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I hope yall listened when I said bet on the decision...

Easy work...easy money...

That boy Danny came through for me to, I admit I wasn't confident on that one but I knew Danny wasn't getting KTFO...That boy has a granite chin, I was more worried about Matthysse's handspeed on the inside...but Danny handled that like a champ, counter punched very effectively and let them combos rain down on the body...granted the right eye shutting on Matthysse was big but that was truly a masterful performance by Danny and the most impressive of the night IMO...

Never seen Matthyse look so desperate

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Other than Roy, those other guys fought in great eras.

I had this conversation with my ol lady last night. She says she doesn't want to watch another Floyd fight becuz she believes the guys he's fighting aren't that good. I had to tell her that this may not be the best era for fighting but it's a damn good one and that these guys he's fighting are damn good fighters.

The problem here is that Floyd is lightyears ahead of the competition. So its not about how bad the comp is, it's more about how good that dude is compared to them.

I get what you're saying tho. I remember having the Ortiz/Floyd fight tied after 4 rounds and one of these cats told me I knew nothing about boxing. I boxed all through high school and was an alternate on the Marine boxing team 5 years ago. :heh:

My homeboy who I was stationed when I was on the team was appalled that I gave Canelo 3 rounds. He thought it was a sweep.

Some of these cats just know Floyd and nothing else.

Pretty much breh.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
we dont respect incorrect opinions :ld:

and I bold faced RJJ, there was no mention of George Foreman.

He was wacking off in a :deadmanny: shirt :russ:

:snoop:
Foreman was somebody that someone in that group beat that was better than anybody Floyd has beaten, but since you gon narrow in on Roy, Hopkins is somebody better than anybody Floyd has ever beat.

You can disagree all you want though. There's nothing I can say that will change how you view certain fighters on all time great lists. Everyone will always have their own opinions no matter what insights you provide so debating this shyt is pointless. I know what I know and you know what you know. :salute:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Never seen Matthyse look so desperate
That's because he's always fought tomato cans...

When has he ever been in a fight where he had to deal with adversity and overcame it?

Matthysse was able to get to Danny when he utilized his jab but he has zero discipline...He inexplicably kept abandoning the jab and when he couldn't hurt Danny with those short rights you saw him get visibly frustrated...Then his right eye shut on him and it was a wrap...

Matthysse is a product of nikkas getting way too gassed and impressed by KO's...I'm more impressed with hard fought decision because you learn more about a guy like how he handles adversity...Aside for Peterson who imo lost because he came in scared with the wrong gameplan...this dude Matthysse has fought three above average fighters and lost to all three of them by decision...If he can't knock you out, he ain't winning...