Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Like I said in other threads Canelo had to put in work early to have a shot or Mayweather was gonna take over after the 5th round. That judge who had it even should be banned from ever judging another fight that was a clear cut Unanimous Decision. It's amazing to see just how effective Mayweather's defense is he catches all those shot with his shoulders.

Danny proved tonight he belongs at the top of 140. Nevermind that Lucas eye was shut cause Danny did the damage that led to it swelling so fukk all the excuses people will come up with to discredit the victory. Garcia ate the best Lucas had and kept on coming with combinations. :salute: to Mayweather and Garcia.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
CJ Ross is the same chick that scored the Bradley-Pacquiao wrong. She needs to be investigated. That woman is corrupt.

BTW, if somebody doesn't do a gif of Floyd looking for where Canelo's missed swing went :russ:

That went way over my head at first. I was like :wtf: (I was eating powdered donuts, word is bond) is Floyd looking for? Then I was like:whoo::mjpls::patrice::pachaha::russ::bryan::ohhh::wow::ufdup: Canelo.....

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
my thoughts from top to bottom

floyd-canelo

114-114? get all the way the fukk outta here..this fight was a 120-108 or 119-109 affair (if you wanted to give canelo a round)...canelo was aggressive which made the fight interesting but thats all he brought and was thoroughly outclassed...the fact that a judge saw this as 114-114 absolutely astounds me..most likely anyone in vegas that bet UD for Floyd got fukked royally lol. cj ross needs to be investigated or kicked outta boxing..she was one of the reasons why i lost that bet to rip for pac-bradley..fukking bytch..if this went down as a majority draw..the fukkery that would ensue..but hats off to floyd and now we wait to see who he faces at 147 next year.

garcia-matthysse
good fight..danny got my respect..i didnt think he had it in him to put in work...all that holding in the last round plus the lowblow was bullshyt though..but he work lucas's body and closed his eye and showed a good beard..i wished lucas had used his jab more and straighter punches instead of try to danny's head off with homerun swings..that punch that he did landed and had sent danny's mouthpiece flying was hilarious..props to swift he's the man at 140

smith-molina
big fan of molina and happy that he finally become champion after years of spoiling and getting robbed...but man this fight killed the vibe of the PPV a little..this is where i started drinking lol..ishe apparently forgot what won him that title in the first place and it was horrible to watch...i also didnt think it was a split decision either but i guess TMT couldnt have their fighters lose decisively to the public lol...but props to carlos now he's the solid number 2 guy at 154 behind mayweather

cano-theophane
i underestimated cano and apparently overestimated theophane...this was supposed to be theophane's coming out party and instead he took bad asswhoopin for 10 rounds...floyd's stable of young fighters dont seem to do well on a big stage these days lol..this fight was live as fukk though..cano can simply not be in a bad fight....watchable brawls with an old morales, paulie, and faded mosley..i look forward to him opening up another floyd ppv in the future..theophane gave danny garcia problems and yet couldnt handle cano....more work is needed..real talk

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
So the big issue is, what's next for Canelo? He's in a really tough spot if you ask me.

I think he's too big too stay at 154. He's gonna have to move up to middleweight soon.

And that's a big problem. Canelo moves up and then he faces who? Golovkin? He'll get murdered. Martinez? Too skilled for him. Ward? Would give him nightmares. Not even sure he could beat Chavez, Stevens, or Macklin. This is the thing about boxing, rush a match for money and then it could possibly ruins one fighters prospects down the road.

Canelo's really in a tough predicament IMO

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
So the big issue is, what's next for Canelo? He's in a really tough spot if you ask me.

I think he's too big too stay at 154. He's gonna have to move up to middleweight soon.

And that's a big problem. Canelo moves up and then he faces who? Golovkin? He'll get murdered. Martinez? Too skilled for him. Ward? Would give him nightmares. Not even sure he could beat Chavez, Stevens, or Macklin. This is the thing about boxing, rush a match for money and then it could possibly ruins one fighters prospects down the road.

Fight vs. Molina or Cotto perhaps?

Canelo is looking deflated/bitter as fukk right now too

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if he can stay at 154...he is in great shape. thats the question though.
Trout is the one who is in the toughest spot. Already beat Cotto and lost to Canelo. Canelo about to fight Cotto or Molina. Trout not huge draw. good fighter...where does he turn? Canelo can call guys up from 147. I do agree...at the moment, a move up in weight wouldnt be a good look for Canelo...maybe in another year or so.