Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The Showtime announce team once again did a great job tonight as well. No dikkriding just calling the action and giving their opinions without bias. HBO should be taking notes :ufdup:

They dikkriding Floyd pretty hard but I'm not tripping becuz I hated the disrespect hbo gave him constantly

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
you guys think showtime/ golden boy could have a rematch in the works? Being that this PPV was (seemingly) a huge success, do you think we could see them try to milk a final Canelo v. Mayweather fight before the 6-fight contract is up? While rematches are normally made only after competitive/contested bouts, I can't help but to imagine them playing a sort of 'Canelo is hungrier/ more experienced after 2 years -- looks to avenge his devastating lost' angle.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
you guys think showtime/ golden boy could have a rematch in the works? Being that this PPV was (seemingly) a huge success, do you think we could see them try to milk a final Canelo v. Mayweather fight before the 6-fight contract is up? While rematches are normally made only after competitive/contested bouts, I can't help but to imagine them playing a sort of 'Canelo is hungrier/ more experienced after 2 years -- looks to avenge his devastating lost' angle.

Nah. Floyd disposed of him too easy

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team Canelo will target the biggest money fight available, which would be a Cotto fight. I just hate the idea of Cotto potentially losing another fight, because he's not in the right weight class. He should seriously look at moving back down to 147.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Team Canelo will target the biggest money fight available, which would be a Cotto fight. I just hate the idea of Cotto potentially losing another fight, because he's not in the right weight class. He should seriously look at moving back down to 147.
I think they'll fight Molina first just to get him a belt again but I guess we'll see.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So the big issue is, what's next for Canelo? He's in a really tough spot if you ask me.

I think he's too big too stay at 154. He's gonna have to move up to middleweight soon.

And that's a big problem. Canelo moves up and then he faces who? Golovkin? He'll get murdered. Martinez? Too skilled for him. Ward? Would give him nightmares. Not even sure he could beat Chavez, Stevens, or Macklin. This is the thing about boxing, rush a match for money and then it could possibly ruins one fighters prospects down the road.

Canelo's really in a tough predicament IMO

Great post. However, there is money to be made with Canelo due to his huge mexican following. So more than likely he will have to move up and face some of those opponents, who like you said, will probably give him trouble (ESP GOLOVKIN :ohlawd:)

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
people say canelo can bounce back but the way he lost so underwhelmingly threatens him more than the loss itself. in the biggest fight of his career, the one people will remember him for the most, people are not going to want to pay money to see fights like this again where he gives this kind of effort. he needs to fight a tune up and get a spectacular ko in my opinion to get his ppv credibility back. floyd stole all his thunder with this it would have been better if he just got knocked out going out swinging than dominated one sidedly

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
people say canelo can bounce back but the way he lost so underwhelmingly threatens him more than the loss itself. in the biggest fight of his career, the one people will remember him for the most, people are not going to want to pay money to see fights like this again where he gives this kind of effort. he needs to fight a tune up and get a spectacular ko in my opinion to get his ppv credibility back. floyd stole all his thunder with this it would have been better if he just got knocked out going out swinging than dominated one sidedly
I disagree just because he lost to the best fighter in boxing and he didn't get knocked out or totally clowned like some if Floyd's other opponents. Sure he was frustrated by Floyd but he was still game throughout the while fight. Plus the Mexicans will still love him.
All Canelo has to do is look impressive in his next fight and he can ride the GBP fueled hype wave of being the "future of boxing".
I see GBP having Canelo's next fight be against a dude that will give him the best chance for a spectacular KO win then get him a name opponent that doesn't really pose a great to Canelo but will still produce an exciting fight.
This sounding the death knell for a 23 year old with Canelo's upside because he suffered his first loss to Floyd Mayweather is just ridiculous to me.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Canelo wont be a JMW 2 years from now.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Solid weekend of fights. Porter beat Diaz decisively, but still gets hit too much. Someone with a good jab an uppercut will eventually give him that work.

I can't front, I'm glad I didn't spend any money on that ppv. Only the Cano fight was really entertaining although the Garcia/Matthysse fight was decent. I give props for Danny boxing the best fight out of his career. He was almost a little too economical with the punches, but he used just enough movement/footwork to offset Lucas's offense. Good win. Fight was always 50/50, never understood how LM was the favorite even though I picked him to win I thought everyone else saw the same limitations.

Floyd schooled Canelo, but it was nowhere near the ass kicking a lot of cats thought it was going to be. In my boxing eyes he fought with a little too much respect and did just enough to win which is cool, but not really entertaining although I wouldn't call the fight boring. Canelo's stamina came back to haunt him, because he couldn't force the issue during certain moments when he had the chance.
If Broner keeps winning against solid contender type nikkas while remaining undefeated he can easily reach that super stardom level Floyd's at an actually surpass it since he's much more of a showman and generally his fights are more entertaining due to his offensive style. When it's all said an done, Broner is prolly the only dude left that the public would really want Floyd to fight.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I swear nikkas stan Floyd so much around here it's ridiculous. :snoop: It's like if you don't praise him as god and shyt on the other ring legends before him, nikkas will question your boxing knowledge :heh:

Floyd won like 10 or 11 rounds, but none of them were big dominating rounds. It's like dude did just enough to edge them out. nikkas were saying Canelo was going to get the Gatti treatment, but he ending up getting the Baldomier treatment instead which isn't a bad thing. A win is a win. Just calling it like I saw it. :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
BUNMdweIgAANGmx.jpg