Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This is more about Boots than it is about Brian Norman Jr.

There will surely be another fighter Boots won't fight because "they didn't sign the contract". So we'll have 4 to 5 pages of "who is ducking Boots". And ya'll fall for it hook line and sinker lol

I told nikkas Boots shouldn't have signed to Hearn because shyt like this would happen. Hearn don't look out for Americans like that. They'll always play 2nd fiddle to his euros.

even then. You in the minority if you thinking Norman ain't take an L by refusing 1.7 mil. He had the most to gain from this, so he'll always be looked at funny.

Now I'm hearing Charles Conwell said he got lowballed cuz he can fight Vergil Ortiz for more, but then I'm not hearing any traction there so :manny:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So why are you nikkas acting like Norman won't have an opportunity to make money outside of damn Boots Ennis
We'll see when his next purse is revealed. That shyt going be way closer to $300k than it's going be to 1.7m :yeshrug:

Don't know how yall can't see that strategically it was a dumb move to not just pay the extra money to Norman..
I'm not even arguing against this. Both sides fukked up imo. The 147 champs are ducking Boots and BECAUSE of that he needs to come with the type of offers that they can't turn down. If nikkas want a retirement check then give it to em if it means Boots can keep up his current momentum.

And what makes this ironic is that Boots was literally in the EXACT SAME POSITION 2 years ago when he was on the Brian Norman Jr side of things when Terence Crawford offered to fight him December 2022 on BLK Prime and they turned it down

Had a chance to prove himself against a P4P great with a belt on the line. But nah, turned it down. Probably because it was a fight was going to be in Crawford's backyard, on a network that backed Crawford, and most likely 70/30 type of split. But why didn't Boots just bet on himself then
:ohhh:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I told nikkas Boots shouldn't have signed to Hearn because shyt like this would happen. Hearn don't look out for Americans like that. They'll always play 2nd fiddle to his euros.

even then. You in the minority if you thinking Norman ain't take an L by refusing 1.7 mil. He had the most to gain from this, so he'll always be looked at funny.

Now I'm hearing Charles Conwell said he got lowballed cuz he can fight Vergil Ortiz for more, but then I'm not hearing any traction there so :manny:

I'm not really pro Brian Norman Jr in this. It's just that I'm used to the Boots' management being on some bullshyt even BEFORE Eddie Hearn was in the picture. It's just that alot probably were just exposed to Boots' BS negotiations, and are instantly taking his side. Watch, after Brian Norman Jr, there will be another fighter that Boots has a chance to face that will "be too scared to sign the contract"

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm not really pro Brian Norman Jr in this. It's just that I'm used to the Boots' management being on some bullshyt even BEFORE Eddie Hearn was in the picture. It's just that alot probably were just exposed to Boots' BS negotiations, and are instantly taking his side. Watch, after Brian Norman Jr, there will be another fighter that Boots has a chance to face that will "be too scared to sign the contract"

I feel you, but its easy to take sides when one nikka never made more than 200k before is turning down 1.7 mil. Its not worth looking into any deeper than that really for most folks.

If nobody knew that amount of money was involved, I don't think fans would even care that much.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
We'll see when his next purse is revealed. That shyt going be way closer to $300k than it's going be to 1.7m :yeshrug:

I'm not even arguing against this. Both sides fukked up imo. The 147 champs are ducking Boots and BECAUSE of that he needs to come with the type of offers that they can't turn down. If nikkas want a retirement check then give it to em if it means Boots can keep up his current momentum.

:ohhh:
His purse will be more than what he made before he was champion and he will be main eventing and gaining more notoriety.... and yesterday's price won't be todays price if you requesting a champ fight in your back yard. Dont let Norman snag a fight with Teofimo or one of the other champs 1st.. He will be viewed as a genius and Boots will have to offer more than $2m.. All that "We the Aside" shyt is meaningless when you dont have e the leverage or resume to back it up

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is more about Boots than it is about Brian Norman Jr.

There will surely be another fighter Boots won't fight because "they didn't sign the contract". So we'll have 4 to 5 pages of "who is ducking Boots". And ya'll fall for it hook line and sinker lol

Yeah this is bigger than Norman lol it's more so folks calling out the trend with boots. One second it's 147 undisputed and legacy over money now it's dropping the belt and moving up to 154 to fight Cromwell

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps

fukk Hearn, but as an aside, what difference does Ennis signing to Matchroom, Top Rank or PBC make at this point? 147 is dry, Top Rank might work, but PBC has maybe Barrios to throw at him at this point.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

i always love the random seth mitchell mentions lol

lol at this latest push for danny to be considered a hall of famer..how when you go up one division and the best fighters there put a foot in your ass?

watching this live, the last time seeing tupac alive on TV and the next morning you wake up hearing tupac got shot