Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
1.7 mill

- Under Boots terms
- In Boots backyard
- Probably has all the back end money rights in that contract
- Probably is picking the gloves and picking the size of the ring too lol

Sounds very my way or the highway type of negotiation. Then they can just say "Oh they didn't sign the contract" if it falls through

Everything except “in boots backyard” is speculation :manny:

We’ll never know the detail cuz homie decided to go be on a prospect undercard instead :manny:

Dev took a hoeish deal to go fight kambozo took his shyts and went on his merry way. If you confident you can beat the man go do it its obvious his folks arent sure of his chances. You think you can beat boots take the 10x payday beat him and you own the division :manny:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Everything except “in boots backyard” is speculation :manny:

We’ll never know the detail cuz homie decided to go be on a prospect undercard instead :manny:

Dev took a hoeish deal to go fight kambozo took his shyts and went on his merry way. If you confident you can beat the man go do it its obvious his folks arent sure of his chances :manny:

True but your post is ironic. Shouldn't Boots be taking the Devin Haney route?

Take the "hoeish" deal against a dude you know you're better than that is not in your own backyard, because you know on the after of the victory, you get the glory and the road to Undisputed becomes easier?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Those PBC guys were already making big fights against each other and had the opportunity to continue to do so without Bud. They proved that over the course of 5 yrs of "wrong side of the street" politics. The WW division is basically dead now and it should be easier for Boots to make these fights with a substantial offer.

And Eddie don't even want the Karen fight so makes sense for him to not try on the purse bid. It's not want Boots wants but if it happens its just a stay busy fight. He still got more clout and makes more money than the other 147 champions, it's not even debatable really

Cause that's all that's left at 147.
Manny or Thurman could come out of retirement and level the negotiation but it's 0% chance that happens. 147 is Boots, a nikka nobody care about, a dude who fought once in two years, and a PBC "opponent" who happened to get his hands on a belt and will be matched accordingly

I would have to ask. Who else is going to pay 2 mill to have Brian Norman fight them :patrice:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Take the "hoeish" deal against a dude you know you're better than that is not in your own backyard, because you know on the after of the victory, you get the glory and the road to Undisputed becomes easier?

We talking in circles but only one of these dude last purse was sub 200k and is rejecting several offers to fight for 5-8x that :dead:

You think Norman team operated correctly, cool. I just want to see the best fights. Boots wants that fight so Im going to lean towards his side. You dont offer a dude 8x his highest purse without the intention of fighting him or pricing him out :dead: thats insanity

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
We talking in circles but only one of these dude last purse was sub 200k and is rejecting several offers to fight for 5-8x that :dead:

You think Norman team operated correctly, cool. I just want to see the best fights. Boots wants that fight so Im going to lean towards his side. You dont offer a dude 8x his highest purse without the intention of fighting him or pricing him out :dead: thats insanity

Who's talking in circles. I asked a direct question, don't dodge it. I'll ask again

Shouldn't.... Boots.... be.... taking.... the.... Devin.... Haney... route?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Who's talking in circles. I asked a direct question, don't dodge it. I'll ask again

Shouldn't.... Boots.... be.... taking.... the.... Devin.... Haney... route?

Eddie said he was taking basically a 50/50 split to make the fight happen so he basically is. Its for one belt not all of them so why should it be more than that 50/50?

No one knows who BNjr is outside of hardcore fans. What more should boots have to concede at that point, they already making similar money. Have the fight in Decatur :mjlol:? When Philly gate guarantees the gate needed to pay this dude what he wants?

All that barking from his side you can go from 190k to 1.7m and king of 147 and you like naaaaaaaa 50/50 not good enough :takedat: its nonsensical

Im baffled at the discourse concerning this. People have been flayed for far leas egregious ducks. And yet…

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Eddie said he was taking basically a 50/50 split to make the fight happen so he basically is. Its for one belt not all of them so why should it be more than that 50/50?

No one knows who BNjr is outside of hardcore fans. What more should boots have to concede at that point, they already making similar money. Have the fight in Decatur :mjlol:? When Philly gate guarantees the gate needed to pay this dude what he wants?

All that barking from his side you can go from 190k to 1.7m and king of 147 and you like naaaaaaaa 50/50 not good enough :takedat: its nonsensical

Im baffled at the discourse concerning this. People have been flayed for far leas egregious ducks. And yet…

You said out of your own mouth Devin Haney "took a hoeish deal". Ok then why are you scoffing saying

"Wait, why would it be anything more than 50/50? :mjlol: "
"Why wouldn't it be in Philly, you want it be in Decatur :mjlol:"

Boots team for 3 years now saying blah blah blah no one wants to fight me, blah blah I'm not active enough, blah blah I can't get more belts

Ok cool. Then make any concessions Brian Norman Jr wants

"Oh you want the fight in Georgia or Vegas, cool :mjgrin:"

"Oh you want a 55/45 split, cool :mjgrin:"

Put Norman Jr's feet to the fire and give him anything to make that fight happen, because legacy and titles matter right? Enough is Enough, take that "hoeish deal" Boots and become the star that you want to become

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You said out of your own mouth Devin Haney "took a hoeish deal". Ok then why are you scoffing saying

"Wait, why would it be anything more than 50/50? :mjlol: "
"Why wouldn't it be in Philly, you want it be in Decatur :mjlol:"

Boots team for 3 years now saying blah blah blah no one wants to fight me, blah blah I'm not active enough, blah blah I can't get more belts

Ok cool. Then make any concessions Brian Norman Jr wants

"Oh you want the fight in Georgia or Vegas, cool :mjgrin:"

"Oh you want a 55/45 split, cool :mjgrin:"

Put Norman Jr's feet to the fire and give him anything to make that fight happen, because legacy and titles matter right? Enough is Enough, take that "hoeish deal" Boots and become the star that you want to become

Aight we done here yall obvs not arguing any type of good faith any more. Im done with this lol. this is why I try to avoid the boxing business convos because they devolve into nonsense and feelings. If bnjr not making a mill minimum his next fight his team fukked up. My last thoughts on this :mjlol:

You have a good day breh :salute:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Aight we done here yall obvs not arguing any type of good faith any more :dead:

You have a good day breh :salute:

Guess after all this juelzing, we finally got the answer to this question. Which is no lol

Boots "he didn't sign the contract" Ennis will continue to be "ducked" I guess lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Guess after all this juelzing, we finally got the answer to this question. Which is no lol

Boots "he didn't sign the contract" Ennis will continue to be "ducked" I guess lol

What part of “Im good on this agree to disagree” dont u get? Have a great saturday my guy good talk :blessed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
1st can you please not duck my question and tell me when the last time a unification fight occured in one of the fighters backyard and not a neutral location and will you acknowledge that Norman agreed to the $1.7m just not in Boots backyard??

You sound like the handful of idiots that called Ward a duck cause he wouldn't refused to rematch Carl Froch in Nottingham :mjlol:

No it wasn't a gotcha question, I generally wanted to know a fight where 2 equal champs had a fight in one of the champs backyard.. Yes Dev agreed to fight in Melbourne, Victoria in Australia.
1. Kambosos backyard is Sydney, New South Wales.. so the fight was not in Kam backyard (technically)
2. As you already pointed out the fight was for undisputed.. Kambosos had acquired 3 whole belts plus the wbc franchise and He was Lineal at 135..
None of this applies to Boots.. Boots has his 1st strap ever that he's never defended, that he recieved through email.. Same as Norman.. Norman isn't obligated to take orders from Boots.. And now his next fight WILL NOT be in Philadelphia(not if he keeps his strap) because the so called "A side" couldn't win his 1st purse bid.. If Boots was actually this much bigger draw as you're implying then staging the fight in Vegas for the 1.7m which Norman agreed to wouldn't be an issue now would it??

Norman team only looks funny to people indoctrinated by Eddie Hearn narritves that Norman is ducking n turning down every offer when in fact Boots turned down every counter offer. It looks funny to people that don't understand that Norman actually has leverage being a champ and this is what negotiating is and looks likr.. you have to give up something to get something.. "Okay you want the unification fight literally down the street from your crib, okay I want more money"..
"Okay You don't want to pay that money? You dont have 3 other titiles like Kambsos did when he was Lineal champ and fought Haney?" "You, not on the level of an inoue, multiple divisions champ Lineal champ, packing out the Tokyo Dome?? okay cool we can have the fight in a nuetral location and I will take less money" Boots team refused

This is how negotiating works

And what makes this ironic is that Boots was literally in the EXACT SAME POSITION 2 years ago when he was on the Brian Norman Jr side of things when Terence Crawford offered to fight him December 2022 on BLK Prime and they turned it down

Had a chance to prove himself against a P4P great with a belt on the line. But nah, turned it down. Probably because it was a fight was going to be in Crawford's backyard, on a network that backed Crawford, and most likely 70/30 type of split. But why didn't Boots just bet on himself then :lupe: ? Same talking points about Norman Jr. Somehow everyone but Boots should be betting on themselves for some reason lol

Like I said before, Boots' team looks like they wall ALL the leverage in a fight, or they are not taking it. Such a weird way of doing business. Then they could just say "well they didn't sign the contract"

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
2024 is so bad, nikkas is still arguing about Brian fukking Norman :russ:

I hope that nikka plans on being undefeated for the rest of is career because once he loses, this ducking fiasco will be brought up.

Just like Ohara Davies regrets popping all that sassy shyt to everyone after grandpa iced him in 1 rd. Everybody pretty much ignores him, nikka would have to box up a grizzly bear on some Ippo shyt for nikkas to pay attention to him again.

Boxing fans have a long memory. Certain decisions or things you do will haunt you.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I hope that nikka plans on being undefeated for the rest of is career because once he loses, this ducking fiasco will be brought up.

Just like Ohara Davies regrets popping all that sassy shyt to everyone after grandpa iced him in 1 rd. Everybody pretty much ignores him, nikka would have to box up a grizzly bear on some Ippo shyt for nikkas to pay attention to him again.

Boxing fans have a long memory. Certain decisions or things you do will haunt you.
this...all of this..do not let that setup that norman is facing give him a hard fight and or beat him.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

This is more about Boots than it is about Brian Norman Jr.

There will surely be another fighter Boots won't fight because "they didn't sign the contract". So we'll have 4 to 5 pages of "who is ducking Boots". And ya'll fall for it hook line and sinker lol

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Eddie said
And this is where you fukking up.. you cant go by what Eddie says without proof..
And what makes this ironic is that Boots was literally in the EXACT SAME POSITION 2 years ago when he was on the Brian Norman Jr side of things when Terence Crawford offered to fight him December 2022 on BLK Prime and they turned it down

Had a chance to prove himself against a P4P great with a belt on the line. But nah, turned it down. Probably because it was a fight was going to be in Crawford's backyard, on a network that backed Crawford, and most likely 70/30 type of split. But why didn't Boots just bet on himself then :lupe: ? Same talking points about Norman Jr. Somehow everyone but Boots should be betting on themselves for some reason lol

Like I said before, Boots' team looks like they wall ALL the leverage in a fight, or they are not taking it. Such a weird way of doing business. Then they could just say "well they didn't sign the contract"
Yea that's all Eddie Hearn.. master manipulator.. he knows he can put a couple tweets out to make the narritive be Norman is turning down all offers and is ducking and himself and Boots are trying so hard to get the fight made.. He knows most boxing fans are dumb AF..

Not to go 0ff on a tangent, but These the same fans that can be manipulated to riding with Ryan Garcia cheating ass while shytting on the person who got cheated.. same fans convinced to believe Danny Garcia is a future HOFer, or Bud Crawford is gonna jump up 3 divisions and stop Canelo. Dummies... I digress

I believe Eddie has some hidden agenda because like I said, strategically it made no sense to not just give Norman the extra couple hundred bands to fight in Boots town because Boots has no other good options for unification at 147.. and there's the risk that the belts get consolidated and now you, with your 1 belt, have to pay WAYYYYYY more to fight a 3 belt champion than you would have if you paid Norman what he asked for.. It doesn't make sense