Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
$1.7m isn't several million dollars..
And he yes can make that up vs other fighters.. yall keep makimg the mistake thinking he will go.back to being paid the same money he got before he's champion

AGAIN.. The asking price was only $2.2m because Boots wanted him to fight in Boots backyard :mjlol: You tell me the last time you saw a unification fight happen in one of the champs backyard and not a neutral location..

Norman agreed to the $1.7m it just has to be a neutral location like Vegas..

This is called negotiating

only 2.2 million for a nikka no one outside of us boxing addict hardcore fans knows and top purse to this date is 10x less. ONLY :dead:

which other champ is going to give him a similar payday?

Staniosis isn't going to get him a fight for 2.2 mill
Barrios :dead:

so he is going magically fight a couple "nobodies" and make 2.2 million.

He either ducked or his team are retards. If you really think you that guy, it makes 0 logical sense to forego the 1.7 million, taking boots belt and then making even more money. Now you don't have the opp to take said belt, making far less and have to fight far more fights to make the aforementioned money which was guaranteed to you. Please, tell me how this makes any sense? Unless he making 1.7 his next fight (he isn't) seems like bad business and a duck to me :manny:

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

One of my favorite fights. And luckily this video has the HBO commentary

Donaire and Walters both had dynamite in their hands and were throwing bombs. Both had no fear. Problem was Donaire had Walters hurt first and just went all the way in trying to KO him. It's like there's no half speed with Donaire, it's 100mph all the way lol

He did the same exact shyt against Inoue. Had Inoue hurt and instead of just boxing him, he went all in for the KO smh lol

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
only 2.2 million for a nikka no one outside of us boxing addict hardcore fans knows and top purse to this date is 10x less. ONLY :dead:

which other champ is going to give him a similar payday?

Staniosis isn't going to get him a fight for 2.2 mill
Barrios :dead:

so he is going magically fight a couple "nobodies" and make 2.2 million.

He either ducked or his team are retards. If you really think you that guy, it makes 0 logical sense to forego the 1.7 million, taking boots belt and then making even more money. Now you don't have the opp to take said belt, making far less and have to fight far more fights to make the aforementioned money which was guaranteed to you. Please, tell me how this makes any sense? Unless he making 1.7 his next fight (he isn't) seems like bad business and a duck to me :manny:
1st can you please not duck my question and tell me when the last time a unification fight occured in one of the fighters backyard and not a neutral location and will you acknowledge that Norman agreed to the $1.7m just not in Boots backyard??

You sound like the handful of idiots that called Ward a duck cause he wouldn't refused to rematch Carl Froch in Nottingham :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
1st can you please not duck my question and tell me when the last time a unification fight occured in one of the fighters backyard and not a neutral location and will you acknowledge that Norman agreed to the $1.7m just not in Boots backyard??

You sound like the handful of idiots that called Ward a duck cause he wouldn't refused to rematch Carl Froch in Nottingham :mjlol:

Didnt Haney just go to Australia twice to get undisputed, Inoue brings everyone to Japan for unification fights

Am I missing something. Was this supposed to be some type of gotcha?

Okay I acknowledge he says he would take the fight not in Philly, now what. The fight is going to be in Philly because Boots is the A side and Norman has no real fanbase so why forego a guaranteed gate in Philly to appease Norman. Boots has to bend over backwards to get these dudes to fight him and its his side fault? Like I said I dont like Boots like that but obkectively speaking how can anyone not look at Norman team funny is beyond me

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Didnt Haney just go to Australia twice to get undisputed, Inoue brings everyone to Japan for unification fights

Am I missing something. Was this supposed to be some type of gotcha?

Okay I acknowledge he says he would take the fight not in Philly, now what. The fight is going to be in Philly because Boots is the A side and Norman has no real fanbase so why forego a guaranteed gate in Philly to appease Norman. Boots has to bend over backwards to get these dudes to fight him and its his side fault? Like I said I dont like Boots like that but obkectively speaking how can anyone not look at Norman team funny is beyond me
No it wasn't a gotcha question, I generally wanted to know a fight where 2 equal champs had a fight in one of the champs backyard.. Yes Dev agreed to fight in Melbourne, Victoria in Australia.
1. Kambosos backyard is Sydney, New South Wales.. so the fight was not in Kam backyard (technically)
2. As you already pointed out the fight was for undisputed.. Kambosos had acquired 3 whole belts plus the wbc franchise and He was Lineal at 135..
None of this applies to Boots.. Boots has his 1st strap ever that he's never defended, that he recieved through email.. Same as Norman.. Norman isn't obligated to take orders from Boots.. And now his next fight WILL NOT be in Philadelphia(not if he keeps his strap) because the so called "A side" couldn't win his 1st purse bid.. If Boots was actually this much bigger draw as you're implying then staging the fight in Vegas for the 1.7m which Norman agreed to wouldn't be an issue now would it??

Norman team only looks funny to people indoctrinated by Eddie Hearn narritves that Norman is ducking n turning down every offer when in fact Boots turned down every counter offer. It looks funny to people that don't understand that Norman actually has leverage being a champ and this is what negotiating is and looks likr.. you have to give up something to get something.. "Okay you want the unification fight literally down the street from your crib, okay I want more money"..
"Okay You don't want to pay that money? You dont have 3 other titiles like Kambsos did when he was Lineal champ and fought Haney?" "You, not on the level of an inoue, multiple divisions champ Lineal champ, packing out the Tokyo Dome?? okay cool we can have the fight in a nuetral location and I will take less money" Boots team refused

This is how negotiating works

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Zepeda's trainer

- "Nah we didn't duck Shakur, it was that Zepeda just had a baby. And he decided to fight a different fighter. Shakur's the champ and he decided to not have the fight with us in November"
- "We will have a fight in November, then face Shakur in February"
- "And no we were not looking for a tune up fight before fighting Shakur"
- "95% chance we are facing Tevin Farmer in November"

Sounds like Zepeda's team wanted a tune up lol

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Norman Jr has a fight coming up. A lot of this stuff can be answered when purses are revealed and we find out if "yesterday's price is not today's price" or not. If dude purse is under say $800k it's going to be a horrible look.

Personally I think the 3 other champs at 147 are all ducking Boots. Difference between this and what Bud went through with the PBC stuff is Boots is the A side here. He got to give these dudes offers they can't refuse to essentially buy the belts since they will just baby sit them otherwise. Giving Conwell a "6 figure offer" at 154 is cool if it gets the fight made but it's a bad sign in regards to the type of budgets he's working with to force dudes to fight him

- "95% chance we are facing Tevin Farmer in November"

Sounds like Zepeda's team wanted a tune up lol
Damn I just saw a video of farmer making burritos the other day saying he had a fight coming up, would have never guessed he was getting a zepeda fight coming off a loss :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Norman Jr has a fight coming up. A lot of this stuff can be answered when purses are revealed and we find out if "yesterday's price is not today's price" or not. If dude purse is under say $800k it's going to be a horrible look.

Personally I think the 3 other champs at 147 are all ducking Boots. Difference between this and what Bud went through with the PBC stuff is Boots is the A side here. He got to give these dudes offers they can't refuse to essentially buy the belts since they will just baby sit them otherwise. Giving Conwell a "6 figure offer" at 154 is cool if it gets the fight made but it's a bad sign in regards to the type of budgets he's working with to force dudes to fight him

Damn I just saw a video of farmer making burritos the other day saying he had a fight coming up, would have never guessed he was getting a zepeda fight coming off a loss :francis:

Boots was never a PBC Fighter, what PBC stuff did boots go through? Boots was signed to showtime by way of Camrron Duncan.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

What Bud went through was fans and nikkas in here acting like $2 and 3m were lowball offers to guys who were beltless..

Whats gonna end up happening is the other champs will fight each other and consolidate the belts.. He better hope it's not Norman because by then he will have to pay quadruple his last offer and the fight will be in ATL

And since when do Aside draws lose purse bids and have to fight in Germany vs nikkas they already beat :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

I think it was because Tevin Farmer came off a "good loss" where he made that Raymond Muratalia dude look mid as hell and outclassed him, and I believe some people had Farmer winning the fight or at least a draw
And it's obvious Farmer is being used as a tune up for Zepeda because he is a "slick black fighter" who's a southpaw so they can gauge how they are going to fight Shakur

And on the Boots issue. Am I crazy, or does it seem like Boots' team only want to be in fights that they have a clear A side advantage over? Like their negotiation tactics are on some "either we are 90/10 or no deal, my way or the highway". Like I was telling @Apollo Creed the Boots team had Boots fight 30 fights of nobodies because they just want as much money as they can get and are fine with not making deals even if it's at the expense of legacy or notoriety

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think it was because Tevin Farmer came off a "good loss" where he made that Raymond Muratalia dude look mid as hell and outclassed him, and I believe some people had Farmer winning the fight or at least a draw
And it's obvious Farmer is being used as a tune up for Zepeda because he is a "slick black fighter" who's a southpaw so they can gauge how they are going to fight Shakur

And on the Boots issue. Am I crazy, or does it seem like Boots' team only want to be in fights that they have a clear A side advantage over? Like their negotiation tactics are on some "either we are 90/10 or no deal, my way or the highway". Like I was telling @Apollo Creed the Boots team had Boots fight 30 fights of nobodies because they just want as much money as they can get and are fine with not making deals even if it's at the expense of legacy or notoriety
I dont offering norman 1.7m constituted 90/10 lol

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I dont offering norman 1.7m constituted 90/10 lol

1.7 mill

- Under Boots terms
- In Boots backyard
- Probably has all the back end money rights in that contract
- Probably is picking the gloves and picking the size of the ring too lol

Sounds very my way or the highway type of negotiation. Then they can just say "Oh they didn't sign the contract" if it falls through

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
What Bud went through was fans and nikkas in here acting like $2 and 3m were lowball offers to guys who were beltless..
Those PBC guys were already making big fights against each other and had the opportunity to continue to do so without Bud. They proved that over the course of 5 yrs of "wrong side of the street" politics. The WW division is basically dead now and it should be easier for Boots to make these fights with a substantial offer.

And Eddie don't even want the Karen fight so makes sense for him to not try on the purse bid. It's not want Boots wants but if it happens its just a stay busy fight. He still got more clout and makes more money than the other 147 champions, it's not even debatable really

And on the Boots issue. Am I crazy, or does it seem like Boots' team only want to be in fights that they have a clear A side advantage over?
Cause that's all that's left at 147.
Manny or Thurman could come out of retirement and level the negotiation but it's 0% chance that happens. 147 is Boots, a nikka nobody care about, a dude who fought once in two years, and a PBC "opponent" who happened to get his hands on a belt and will be matched accordingly

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Those PBC guys were already making big fights against each other and had the opportunity to continue to do so without Bud. They proved that over the course of 5 yrs of "wrong side of the street" politics. The WW division is basically dead now and it should be easier for Boots to make these fights with a substantial offer.

And Eddie don't even want the Karen fight so makes sense for him to not try on the purse bid. It's not want Boots wants but if it happens its just a stay busy fight. He still got more clout and makes more money than the other 147 champions, it's not even debatable really
So why are you nikkas acting like Norman won't have an opportunity to make money outside of damn Boots Ennis :mjlol:

Eddie dont want the Norman fight or the Karen fight... him not trying on the purse bid is more evidence why he's a shyt promoter.. Now in order to keep the belt Boots is gonna have to fight in Germany..
Don't know how yall can't see that strategically it was a dumb move to not just pay the extra money to Norman.. Now what happens when the other 3 belts are consolidated without Boots? You still haven't addressed that possibility