Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Fair points. This is a dangerous fight for Haney, long layoff, got the beating of his life, get rocked again and the rot begins.

Better off fighting a Rocky Fielding type first up.

I hate Triangle theory, but I believe Regis was the favorite against Paro and we see what Devin did to him. Styles make fights and I will say I didn't watch Paro vs Matias but Matias was ass skill wise so there is that. I think from a optics standpoint its the perfect bounce back if Devin wins as Paro beat the boogieman, but yeah if Devin loses he need to do some soul searching.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do y'all follow any other sports? I used to watch college football and tennis if its on nowadays that's rare. Only sport I really follow is MMA and maybe other combat sports if they're on. Honestly most sports outside or combat aren't as emotionally compelling to me and feel like a game.

It's hard to explain to others because most people are into mainstream sports.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I hate Triangle theory, but I believe Regis was the favorite against Paro and we see what Devin did to him. Styles make fights and I will say I didn't watch Paro vs Matias but Matias was ass skill wise so there is that. I think from a optics standpoint its the perfect bounce back if Devin wins as Paro beat the boogieman, but yeah if Devin loses he need to do some soul searching.
That's your guy huh.

Don't worry about all that Mattias is ass stuff, Paro just outworked him to the punch. All I am saying is this is a really dangerous fight for Haney. Paro ended Love's career recently, wiped him out. Love is a big 140 too.

I guess Haney can hug all night if he gets a good referee, that's a good skill of his. He matches up well against southpaws too obviously.

His team is moving bad if they take this fight is all I'm saying.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's your guy huh.

Don't worry about all that Mattias is ass stuff, Paro just outworked him to the punch. All I am saying is this is a really dangerous fight for Haney. Paro ended Love's career recently, wiped him out. Love is a big 140 too.

I guess Haney can hug all night if he gets a good referee, that's a good skill of his. He matches up well against southpaws too obviously.

His team is moving bad if they take this fight is all I'm saying.

Montana love was an ass hype job lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Throwback video. This was uploaded 10 years ago.

Seems like a lot of cats Floyd be cool with things end up going side ways.

floyd1.png

floyd-and-50.jpg

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Do y'all follow any other sports? I used to watch college football and tennis if its on nowadays that's rare. Only sport I really follow is MMA and maybe other combat sports if they're on. Honestly most sports outside or combat aren't as emotionally compelling to me and feel like a game.

It's hard to explain to others because most people are into mainstream sports.
yup...football breh...my eagles make their season debut tonight!!

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Really hard to pinpoint a fighter that fought like him.
i want to say floyd is aaron pryor's middle rounds in pryor-arguello 1, same exact bounce, same exact jab, with a shoulder roll and muhammad ali's pull counter. if you asked a computer to create a fighter off those traits what it would show back to you is floyd mayweather.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Gets offered 10x highest payday while being the C side. Wants more. Fight falls apart. goes on to fight on a contenders undercard making 10x less.

how is this not being viewed a comical duck? People have been flayed for far less on here. If you have to offer dudes 10-15x their highest purse just to fight you, YES PEOPLE ARE AVOIDING HIM :dead:
He's a 23 yr old champion... He can make up the lost earnings in a few fights vs nobodies.. Its not a duck because he had the leverage now to demand much more money than he did when he was just contender, especially vs someone like Boots with ZERO options vs notable fighters at 147 who is now gonna drop his belt and move up.. If your logic says Norman is a duck then the same logic says Boots ducked since they could've just as easily excepted the counter offer

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He's a 23 yr old champion... He can make up the lost earnings in a few fights vs nobodies.. Its not a duck because he had the leverage now to demand much more money than he did when he was just contender, especially vs someone like Boots with ZERO options vs notable fighters at 147 who is now gonna drop his belt and move up.. If your logic says Norman is a duck then the same logic says Boots ducked since they could've just as easily excepted the counter offer

Its no way he is going to make several million dollars fighting a few nobodies lol, come on.

if his asking price is 2.2 million...who the fukk is going to pay him that to fight him :dead:

This is some backwards ass logic. IIRC boots took less money to try to get the fight made in the first place its 1000 % a duck by norman team via out pricing themselves.

Boots has minimal options at 147 cuz even with him taking less to make fights these nikkas are terrified of him, and I'm not even a boots stan. like at all, but this is just common sense at this point.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Its no way he is going to make several million dollars fighting a few nobodies lol, come on.

if his asking price is 2.2 million...who the fukk is going to pay him that to fight him :dead:

This is some backwards ass logic. IIRC boots took less money to try to get the fight made in the first place its 1000 % a duck by norman team via out pricing themselves.

Boots has minimal options at 147 cuz even with him taking less to make fights these nikkas are terrified of him, and I'm not even a boots stan. like at all, but this is just common sense at this point.
$1.7m isn't several million dollars..
And he yes can make that up vs other fighters.. yall keep makimg the mistake thinking he will go.back to being paid the same money he got before he's champion

AGAIN.. The asking price was only $2.2m because Boots wanted him to fight in Boots backyard :mjlol: You tell me the last time you saw a unification fight happen in one of the champs backyard and not a neutral location..

Norman agreed to the $1.7m it just has to be a neutral location like Vegas..

This is called negotiating

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
$1.7m isn't several million dollars..
And he yes can make that up vs other fighters.. yall keep makimg the mistake thinking he will go.back to being paid the same money he got before he's champion

AGAIN.. The asking price was only $2.2m because Boots wanted him to fight in Boots backyard :mjlol: You tell me the last time you saw a unification fight happen in one of the champs backyard and not a neutral location..

Norman agreed to the $1.7m it just has to be a neutral location like Vegas..

This is called negotiating
The more you think about it sending a take it or leave it offer to every champ kinds shows you ain't serious and tryna sell the narrative of being ducked