Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Right.

Not his fault the competition doing the running man.

My concern is why isn't Turki bankrolling Boots like folks expected especially when the reason these fights ain't happening ain't for anything exhorbant.

People assumed Boots to Matchroom = access to Turki's checkbook. We ain't even hearing Turki say he wants Boots vs anyone yet while with Shakur the ready for a roadmap set out and he signed after Boots

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Keyshawn says he wants to fight Tank in this clip around the 3:12 mark. Coach Kenny Ellis says Tank only has about 5 more fights he's interested in taking then he's riding off in the sunset (aka retiring). Keyshawn tell Coach he wants to get on that list.

Time Stamp 3:12 The whole interview is good but long like 30 minutes.

For the Bomac comment I got to dig around a bit I think it was a fight hype video where someone asked him about Keyshawn and Tank.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Keyshawn says he wants to fight Tank in this clip around the 3:12 mark. Coach Kenny Ellis says Tank only has about 5 more fights he's interested in taking then he's riding off in the sunset (aka retiring). Keyshawn tell Coach he wants to get on that list.

Time Stamp 3:12 The whole interview is good but long like 30 minutes.

For the Bomac comment I got to dig around a bit I think it was a fight hype video where someone asked him about Keyshawn and Tank.

Tank doesn't care about undisputed so Keyshawn will likely just be seen as a different generation than Tank. That said Keyshawn lining up Frank Martin, Andy Cruz, and if he can get Teo and maybe an eventual Shakur show down would be solid core for his career

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
My concern is why isn't Turki bankrolling Boots like folks expected especially when the reason these fights ain't happening ain't for anything exhorbant.

People assumed Boots to Matchroom = access to Turki's checkbook. We ain't even hearing Turki say he wants Boots vs anyone yet while with Shakur the ready for a roadmap set out and he signed after Boots
The real problem is nobody is really at 147 now.

Stanionis - Hasn't had a look in for the last 24 months basically.
Barios - Was cooked after the Davis loss, but somehow has kept on keeping on (MC Lyte the god if you know you know)
Benn - Garbage opponent, drug cheat, banned from boxing in UK. But this is the most likely money fight at this stage.
Haney - Devin in a strange position right now moving up to 147. Coming off a real beating, albeit against a cheat. Either way he isn't anywhere near ready for any legit 147'ers for a year at least.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The real problem is nobody is really at 147 now.

Stanionis - Hasn't had a look in for the last 24 months basically.
Barios - Was cooked after the Davis loss, but somehow has kept on keeping on (MC Lyte the god if you know you know)
Benn - Garbage opponent, drug cheat, banned from boxing in UK. But this is the most likely money fight at this stage.
Haney - Devin in a strange position right now moving up to 147. Coming off a real beating, albeit against a cheat. Either way he isn't anywhere near ready for any legit 147'ers for a year at least.

TBH Devin's career in retrospect is gonna be something that like analytics says is amazing but for those who where there will say he was good but not some ATG that his resume would imply.

Devin vs Paro isn't official so I`m wondering if they pull some IBF stunts and give Devin a 147 Debut that puts him in IBF Rankings where he can also test how he feels, and then Benn has a fight and they do Devin vs Benn in 2025 for the IBF which gives Devin his 3rd division.