Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
His team being super focused on him collecting belts in a division with NO money fights and with champions no one cares about is super sus
Maybe if they just wanted 1 more belt that he earns in the ring and moves up I could understand otherwise it feels like they scared for him to step up the comp. Dude is already considered big for a welter and it feels like he wasted years of his career already

thats my thing Boots Big as shyt, snd most feel he can top out at 168. IMO 147,154,160,168 = 4 Division Champ is already a HOF career. Being unified in 1-2 of those is icing on the cake, and undisputing in 1 is over achieving.

IMO he too late in the game to aim for GOAT status as the ATGs are on their way out and nobody in his generation appears like they will be an ATG lol.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Two things.

1. It's a bit disingenuous to use Tszyu as an example without providing context. What happened to him was freakish. That's why he's able to hold his position in the division, even with a loss. Now, if Fundora would have walked thru him, things would be different.

It took 6 years for Lubin to bounce back and make a real name for himself, after Mell put his lights out. So I get what you're saying about the division but it's not as easy as you might think to bounce back.

2. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. No point in forcing it.

Emmanuel Navarette is a great example of a fighter jumping up in weight and the shyt he was used to doing at 130 not translating to 135.

Hell, an even bigger example would be Canelo. shyt was all good when he fought Kovalev at that bullshyt weight. But what happened when he actually fought a proper 175 lber?

Unlike most in here, I don't feel any type of way about Ennis. I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. I hope the young brotha has a successful career.

Boots knocking on 30, if he isn't ready now then he never will be lol

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

However, the Fight Fax website’s striking resemblance to BoxRec has not gone unnoticed. Critics have pointed out that the site appears to be an almost exact replica, down to the photos of lesser-known fighters. This has led to accusations of theft and concerns about the integrity of the data being presented. The controversy only deepened when it was revealed that Fight Fax might have scraped data from BoxRec, raising questions about intellectual property and the legitimacy of the WBA’s actions.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Boots knocking on 30, if he isn't ready now then he never will be lol

He's 27. Crawford is just moving up at 36. And like I said, if he ain't ready then he ain't ready.

Again, it's going to be really interesting to see how Navarette looks in this rematch against Valdez after going back down to 130.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He's 27. Crawford is just moving up at 36. And like I said, if he ain't ready then he ain't ready.

Again, it's going to be really interesting to see how Navarette looks in this rematch against Valdez after going back down to 130.

And most would say Bud doesn't have the fame you would expect with his data points resume wise and being fairly exciting so that aint helping.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
And most would say Bud doesn't have the fame you would expect with his data points resume wise and being fairly exciting so that aint helping.
Crawford is on record saying it had become difficult making 147, which is common with older fighters.

But like I initially said, it's probably a mental thing for Ennis.

One thing I would hate to see is a fighter go up in weight before he's ready, get embarrassed, then try to go back down to his original weight class, just to get smoked.

As a fight fan we say "At least he took a chance". But those two losses could be seriously damaging to his psyche.

We were just in here a couple of weeks ago questioning Anderson's mental after getting slapped around. And that was after one loss.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unfortunately dude is his mando..if the ibf calls for it he either has to take the fight or get stripped...something the IBF will absolutely do

This is where fighters make the wrong moves. He can give up the belt and another body will make him a mando instantly…..but they want to hold on to these belts because it gives him hem leverage especially financially.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crawford is on record saying it had become difficult making 147, which is common with older fighters.

But like I initially said, it's probably a mental thing for Ennis.

One thing I would hate to see is a fighter go up in weight before he's ready, get embarrassed, then try to go back down to his original weight class, just to get smoked.

As a fight fan we say "At least he took a chance". But those two losses could be seriously damaging to his psyche.

We were just in here a couple of weeks ago questioning Anderson's mental after getting slapped around. And that was after one loss.

Boots get hit too much to be fukkin round with 154.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It's unfortunate because he really started to come along when 147 was starting to crumble.

It's more to moving to than just putting in the weight. It doesn't seem like he's mentally prepared to make the jump.

Every current young fighter should take notes on Daniel DuBois and his career
He got put into step up fights EARLY in sink or swim matchups by Frank Warren/Queensberry. A fight with Joe Joyce that some said was too early
The road was bumpy but he got seasoned really quick and gained alot of experience. And now he's being rewarded with a title fight with Anthony Joshua... and he's only 26 !!

You see too many times promotional companies ruining young fighter's career trying to "marinate" fights and end up halting their progression and marketability