Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Devin is champ in recess so I think.he goes to 147 other wise he would have to get his belt back.from the Domimican. I think he guns for Brian Norman Jr in ATL

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I don't think he believes in his own hype. The way they talk like dude is generationally and he can beat everyone's ass then 154 is the place for it. Nobody will really givenhim credit for undisputing a weak 147, he would kinda get Devin Haney treatment. Yeah it's on the resume but nobody cares.

He'd be better off being a multi division champ who beat the best with undispited at at least class being the icing on the cake vs wasting away your career especially when 154 is active as hell and non title fights can give us classics

That may be part of it. When Bud walked by him before the weigh-in a couple of weeks ago, his whole demeanor changed. I'm not one of those fans that read too much into that kinda shyt, but that was telling.

I think he believes in himself. I think Bozy believes in him. But I think they both know they're not ready for that level just yet.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don't think he believes in his own hype. The way they talk like dude is generationally and he can beat everyone's ass then 154 is the place for it. Nobody will really givenhim credit for undisputing a weak 147, he would kinda get Devin Haney treatment. Yeah it's on the resume but nobody cares.

He'd be better off being a multi division champ who beat the best with undispited at at least class being the icing on the cake vs wasting away your career especially when 154 is active as hell and non title fights can give us classics

I'm just gonna focus on people who do take on big fights. Not gonna worry bout these hype jobs anymore until they prove their hype.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That may be part of it. When Bud walked by him before the weigh-in a couple of weeks ago, his whole demeanor changed. I'm not one of those fans that read too much into that kinda shyt, but that was telling.

I think he believes in himself. I think Bozy believes in him. But I think they both know they're not ready for that level just yet.

I like boots but like I said he has the dumbest team.on earth. 154 is RIPE with cheap fights that will boost him among casuals. Boechick and Madrimov vs Boots in Philly and ATL will boost him.

154 is a throwback division in record doesn't matter, if you put on bangers you will he rewarded just look at Tim Kazoo. Off a loss back in title contention.

Boots is prime example of people who know their craft sure butnnot shyt about business and too short sighted to invest in a team to handle that. Eddie hasn't accomplished shyt in the USA lol

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

His team being super focused on him collecting belts in a division with NO money fights and with champions no one cares about is super sus
Maybe if they just wanted 1 more belt that he earns in the ring and moves up I could understand otherwise it feels like they scared for him to step up the comp. Dude is already considered big for a welter and it feels like he wasted years of his career already

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I like boots but like I said he has the dumbest team.on earth. 154 is RIPE with cheap fights that will boost him among casuals. Boechick and Madrimov vs Boots in Philly and ATL will boost him.

154 is a throwback division in record doesn't matter, if you put on bangers you will he rewarded just look at Tim Kazoo. Off a loss back in title contention.

Boots is prime example of people who know their craft sure butnnot shyt about business and too short sighted to invest in a team to handle that. Eddie hasn't accomplished shyt in the USA lol

Two things.

1. It's a bit disingenuous to use Tszyu as an example without providing context. What happened to him was freakish. That's why he's able to hold his position in the division, even with a loss. Now, if Fundora would have walked thru him, things would be different.

It took 6 years for Lubin to bounce back and make a real name for himself, after Mell put his lights out. So I get what you're saying about the division but it's not as easy as you might think to bounce back.

2. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. No point in forcing it.

Emmanuel Navarette is a great example of a fighter jumping up in weight and the shyt he was used to doing at 130 not translating to 135.

Hell, an even bigger example would be Canelo. shyt was all good when he fought Kovalev at that bullshyt weight. But what happened when he actually fought a proper 175 lber?

Unlike most in here, I don't feel any type of way about Ennis. I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. I hope the young brotha has a successful career.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
His team being super focused on him collecting belts in a division with NO money fights and with champions no one cares about is super sus
Maybe if they just wanted 1 more belt that he earns in the ring and moves up I could understand otherwise it feels like they scared for him to step up the comp. Dude is already considered big for a welter and it feels like he wasted years of his career already

I actually think if he parked himself at 147 and took on all comers he’d be the biggest star easily. People at 140 and 154 would have to see him. I’m a big believer in if you take on the toughest fights and win you will become a star.