Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Makabu was going to be at a much greater disadvantage even if he had to come to 190. I think the clauses appeared so ridiculous and Makabu was so little known, the public interest was not there.
that and makabu was getting into wars constantly like the below and was showing signs of being worn down

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
you cant apply a one size fits all across all divisions and fighters without regard to skill level, stylistic matchup, ACTUAL true weight disparity. there used to be only 8 weight classes at one time. ever heard of Henry Armstrong?

that list is super bogus for so many reasons. there is only one truly great fighter on this list and that is Inoue but if you want to say Tank is...I'll bite even though he hasnt faced the greatest competition.

people keep talking about Canelo like his is Tyson or that he is some huge super middleweight.

flyweights and bantamweights and all them little guys its much harder to jump weight because the poundage is such a huge percentage. do you know what 13lbs extra would look like on Inoue? he obviously cant put that on and be optimum so he would have to come in close to his weight against another great fighter who is a big puncher. Bud and Canelo are the same height and Bud has reach advantage.

the guys you named dont have any dominance in their own division besides the two I named. we seen Tszyu and Fundora both struggle in their own weight class, them moving up to fight murderous LHW punchers....

:mindblown:

just a few years ago it was being hyped about Spence fighting Canelo. Canelo hasnt been at 168 his whole career nor is he even a natural at that weight.

just crazy about all this talk about Bud getting put into a coma and taken out on a stretcher. but again, if Canelo says its easy work and Bud says he is up for the challenge, why are fools on this soapbox to not push the fight?
Because boxing fans are stupid and contradicting. There is enough competition for Bud at 47 and 54. Anyone with a brain knows what will happen if he fights Canelo. After the inevitable occurs, you same guys will claim that Canelo was too big anyway, while favoring Bud in the fight. People don't like being wrong and will come up with every excuse to keep from looking like the fools they are when they are proven wrong. We saw the same thing in the Fulton vs Inoue fight. Now I'm a fan of both. I've followed both for their careers. I specifically told all of these youtubers that Inoue would win easily by late stoppage or wide decision. They swore that Inoue hadn't fought anyone and they Fulton was going to give him a boxing lesson, etc. After Inoue won damn near every round and got the KO, then the excuses started

1. He has never fought in America (even though there was a flyweight explosion card on HBO highlighting the top flyweights at the time here in Amerikkka).
2. Fulton was never that good (even though they picked him to win and then backtracked on statements as if we just can't run the footage)
3. There is no competition at lower weights

I'm hoping the fight doesn't happen cuz Bud has enough comp at 47 and 54 and I don't want to see him get hurt, but if he wants the money that bad, go for it.... Add in that Bud about to turn 37 and he's never been the most defensive fighter. shyt, I told everyone what was going to happen in his fight with Madrimov. I said that it won't be easy and Bud will win the fight. I picked a late stoppage or decision. It wasn't a robbery. Bud won the fight, but he's hitting this man with EVERYTHING and it didn't deter him from coming forward. Canelo went 36 rounds with Triple G and wasn't hurt once. He went 12 with Mungia(who also hits hard) and dropped him for the first time. What part of Bud getting stretched is impossible to understand? And I thought Spence vs Canelo was stupid as well even though they were only 2 weight classes apart.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
out of all the featherweight champions you picked the weakest one who hasnt scored a stoppage or dropped anyone in like 8 years..certainly not in the division where he holds a title...to stretch bam and give monster trouble? :heh: you are absolutely in the minority with that opinion lol
Actually Vargas isn't the weakest at FW. Maybe you haven't watched the division in a while. He's not the best int he division, but easily one of the top 5 in the division at the moment. That's not even up for debate. 115 to 126 is a huge jump lol. You haven't even factored in the 36 hour rehydration. This isn't the 90s or 2000s. Fighters weigh in on friday morning and fight on Sunday(Saturday at midnight). That's quite different from same-day weigh-ins and Friday afternoon weigh ins to fight at 10 pm on Saturday night. When I fought amateur, it was like boxing up to the 80s. Same day weigh ins. So basically, you're damn near walking around at your fight way. None of that losing 40 lbs every training camp.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

He wouldnt even get past qualification :mjlol:. I'm not really a fan of the pitty patty style of the amateurs but those guys as fast as hell. He'll look stuck in the mud

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I dead ass forgot about Nelo wanting to fight cruiserweight :dead:

now Benavidez too big. shameless :wow:

Didnt he want the CW fight to be at a catchweight too? Or was that with Badou Jack when his name vs Nelo was briefly brought up?

Edit: yep

“I won't be fighting Canelo next," Jack wrote. "They said the weight difference is too much. They wanted to drain the old man and fight me 20 pounds UNDER the cruiser weight limit for the title, plus a rehydration clause. Canelo let's give the fans what they want to see and fight David Benavidez."

The cruiserweight category (200 pounds) is a division above the light heavyweight (175 pounds), where Alvarez feels most comfortable. Badu would have been too weak at 180 pounds, to the great advantage of Canelo.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Didnt he want the CW fight to be at a catchweight too? Or was that with Badou Jack when his name vs Nelo was briefly brought up?
180 PLUS rehydration clause for a 200 lbs belt :dead:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
180 PLUS rehydration clause for a 200 lbs belt :dead:

Thats fukking ridiculous :russ: