Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The Canelo undisputed run had folks thinking he was the terminator, the Bivol fight brought things back to reality

I remember them tossing Usyk name around casually about a what if lmfaooo
Boxing hype sometimes overtakes logic. I remember mandem believe stories of GGG hitting harder than Povetkin in sparring. Or every boxer and their mamma knocked out AJ in sparring.
shyt there was some shyt going around saying canelo killed someone in sparring

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Because boxing fans are stupid and contradicting. There is enough competition for Bud at 47 and 54. Anyone with a brain knows what will happen if he fights Canelo. After the inevitable occurs, you same guys will claim that Canelo was too big anyway, while favoring Bud in the fight. People don't like being wrong and will come up with every excuse to keep from looking like the fools they are when they are proven wrong. We saw the same thing in the Fulton vs Inoue fight. Now I'm a fan of both. I've followed both for their careers. I specifically told all of these youtubers that Inoue would win easily by late stoppage or wide decision. They swore that Inoue hadn't fought anyone and they Fulton was going to give him a boxing lesson, etc. After Inoue won damn near every round and got the KO, then the excuses started

1. He has never fought in America (even though there was a flyweight explosion card on HBO highlighting the top flyweights at the time here in Amerikkka).
2. Fulton was never that good (even though they picked him to win and then backtracked on statements as if we just can't run the footage)
3. There is no competition at lower weights

I'm hoping the fight doesn't happen cuz Bud has enough comp at 47 and 54 and I don't want to see him get hurt, but if he wants the money that bad, go for it.... Add in that Bud about to turn 37 and he's never been the most defensive fighter. shyt, I told everyone what was going to happen in his fight with Madrimov. I said that it won't be easy and Bud will win the fight. I picked a late stoppage or decision. It wasn't a robbery. Bud won the fight, but he's hitting this man with EVERYTHING and it didn't deter him from coming forward. Canelo went 36 rounds with Triple G and wasn't hurt once. He went 12 with Mungia(who also hits hard) and dropped him for the first time. What part of Bud getting stretched is impossible to understand? And I thought Spence vs Canelo was stupid as well even though they were only 2 weight classes apart.
GOSPEL THE HOLY NOBLE QUR'AN!!!!

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nah, this never happened.

And anybody that hyped this up was deluded.

This shifting weight class shyt is by and large a product of the Charlo v Canelo monstrosity. It's ruined the game.
I know some looking for a payday but these dudes gotta realise henry armstrong is top 5 p4p boxer of all time for a reason. That shyt he did and pulled off is beyond rare:hubie:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, this never happened.

And anybody that hyped this up was deluded.

This shifting weight class shyt is by and large a product of the Charlo v Canelo monstrosity. It's ruined the game.

Negative this absolutely happened and and I want to say it was mentioned when Canelo was at 154 but certainly when he was 160and if you know your history the best WW have never been afraid of the best MW. Deluded? Man why y’all think Canelo is some GOAT??? You guys need to do better. Spence at the time was walking around heavier than Canelo. I definitely was picking Spence to win had that happened at that time. Again, too much risk and not enough reward for Canelo though.

What y’all don’t realize is weight class is a business! Every fighter you see at a weight class doesnt mean thats where his natural weight is. I can reel off names. Oscar starved himself to get a title at 130, he could have started at 135. SSM was 140 as an amateur but was 135lb champion. Ward was a 160lb amateur who fought as LHW in the Olympics! THEN went back down to 168 as a pro!

what do you mean Canelo vs Charlo ruined the game??? what did that fight do that had not already been done?

edit: I was right, @patscorpio, fact check me breh. Canelo beats Smith for 154 WBO, fights JCCjr at 164, 2 weeks later Spence dethrones Brook. this is when the first mentions happened. Canelo was still 154lb champ and decided to fight GGG for the MW title. was not far fetched at all. Spence was big WW and Canelo was just leaving 154. Meanwhile Boots wont come to 154 and mf's in here talkin bout a 37 y/o Bud who doesnt make 154 the easiest needs to come back to 147 to face that lil nikka. :camby:

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know some looking for a payday but these dudes gotta realise henry armstrong is top 5 p4p boxer of all time for a reason. That shyt he did and pulled off is beyond rare:hubie:

its rare only because the business is so different today. even though there are more fighters and more belts....no one wants to give up a title unless they will be paid handsomely for it. you dont think Shakur could have beaten Pitbull last weekend? Shakur doesnt have a name like Canelo to force mf to give him a title shot. Canelo has been probably the best at cherry picking his way through this shyt. the probability comes in where the timing has to be EXTREMELY lucky. this is what happened with Broner when Paulie got the title. Ward may have been a MW champ had he been 16-24 months earlier but of course they didnt want to put him in with Taylor or Pavlik because wouldnt be enough money for either side at the time.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because boxing fans are stupid and contradicting. There is enough competition for Bud at 47 and 54. Anyone with a brain knows what will happen if he fights Canelo. After the inevitable occurs, you same guys will claim that Canelo was too big anyway, while favoring Bud in the fight. People don't like being wrong and will come up with every excuse to keep from looking like the fools they are when they are proven wrong. We saw the same thing in the Fulton vs Inoue fight. Now I'm a fan of both. I've followed both for their careers. I specifically told all of these youtubers that Inoue would win easily by late stoppage or wide decision. They swore that Inoue hadn't fought anyone and they Fulton was going to give him a boxing lesson, etc. After Inoue won damn near every round and got the KO, then the excuses started

1. He has never fought in America (even though there was a flyweight explosion card on HBO highlighting the top flyweights at the time here in Amerikkka).
2. Fulton was never that good (even though they picked him to win and then backtracked on statements as if we just can't run the footage)
3. There is no competition at lower weights

I'm hoping the fight doesn't happen cuz Bud has enough comp at 47 and 54 and I don't want to see him get hurt, but if he wants the money that bad, go for it.... Add in that Bud about to turn 37 and he's never been the most defensive fighter. shyt, I told everyone what was going to happen in his fight with Madrimov. I said that it won't be easy and Bud will win the fight. I picked a late stoppage or decision. It wasn't a robbery. Bud won the fight, but he's hitting this man with EVERYTHING and it didn't deter him from coming forward. Canelo went 36 rounds with Triple G and wasn't hurt once. He went 12 with Mungia(who also hits hard) and dropped him for the first time. What part of Bud getting stretched is impossible to understand? And I thought Spence vs Canelo was stupid as well even though they were only 2 weight classes apart.

thank you for your concern but if Bud isnt afraid I am not going to be afraid for him. the fight happens...we will be here. if Bud loses it will be because he simply wasnt good enough to get it done. excuses do nothing in a fight like this for a man who stands to make 50m. I dont understand how yall are thinking how yall would want to fight which if you were in his position you absolute would not. straight cap. he could fight every other champ at 147-154 and still not make as much as he would in the one fight with Canelo. not sure what logic is applying here. what does Bud accomplish by fighting all these guys at 154? and 147 is done. you want a 37 year old who was struggling to make weight go back to fight Boots for chicken change? foh. if Canelo is off the table, Bud will angle towards Fundora for two belts and Murtazaliev and call it a day. there is no point in fighting Tszyu or Charlo unless they have a title. you got 60 year old Mike Tyson out here fighting not to mention other boxers that can barely get licensed and you worried about Bud getting "hurt" smdh.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Because we don’t want to see the fight. What’s hard to get? We want boots vs bud.

My view is two things can be true

1. Is Canelo a hypocrite when it comes to fighting Bud? Yes. Canelo has no problem fighting smaller guys. And majority of his fights at 168 have been smaller guys that moved up to 168. Mungia and Ryder. And Canelo himself came in at 166 pounds in his last fight

2. BUT, is Undisputed at 154 for Bud a way better achievement? Absolutely. I think for Crawford he's very 1 track minded toward Canelo right now, and I hope he snaps out of it. In 10 years he doesn't realize that 3 times Undisputed is WAY more impressive for his legacy than a Canelo fight. Fundora is attached to the WBC/WBO and Tim Tszyu is now attached to the IBF. It's literally a yellow brick road to Undisputed, just focus on that Bud

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

1. Is Canelo a hypocrite when it comes to fighting Bud? Yes. Canelo has no problem fighting smaller guys. And majority of his fights at 168 have been smaller guys that moved up to 168. Mungia and Ryder. And Canelo himself came in at 166 pounds in his last fight

2. BUT, is Undisputed at 154 for Bud a way better achievement? Absolutely. I think for Crawford he's very 1 track minded toward Canelo right now, and I hope he snaps out of it. In 10 years he doesn't realize that 3 times Undisputed is WAY more impressive for his legacy than a Canelo fight. Fundora is attached to the WBC/WBO and Tim Tszyu is now attached to the IBF. It's literally a yellow brick road to Undisputed, just focus on that Bud
Bud aint getting undisputed at 154. Haymon and PBC gonna freeze him out again. , I also don't think Spence can beat Fundora at this point in his career.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Bud trying to look for shortcuts to stardom for a bag. If he just fights the best available names every time from 140-147 he woulda been a star by now.