Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Bud trying to look for shortcuts to stardom for a bag. If he just fights the best available names every time from 140-147 he woulda been a star by now.

Let's be clear. Bud is "not a star" because Black people themselves have not wanted to make him a star. Crawford has fought majority of the same fighters Errol Spence has fought, AND MORE. But somehow he is considered "unknown" because Black fans choose to hate on him and disparage him on Youtube and social media. You literally have media outlets dedicated to shytting on Crawford daily, and they have a huge following

Crabs in a bucket mentality is alive and well

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Let's be clear. Bud is "not a star" because Black people themselves have not wanted to make him a star. Crawford has fought majority of the same fighters Errol Spence has fought, AND MORE. But somehow he is considered "unknown" because Black fans choose to hate on him and disparage him on Youtube and social media. You literally have media outlets dedicated to shytting on Crawford daily, and they have a huge following

Crawford isn’t unknown he just doesn’t have big fights. Spence was legit his only big fight. A spectacle. The best of the best. He followed that up with a nobody. How you gonna blame the fans for anything? When he had a big fight they were there.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Not to mention dude got stalled out from fighting hyped up frauds for 5 yrs of his career with black fans supporting it. Nasty work

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Negative this absolutely happened and and I want to say it was mentioned when Canelo was at 154 but certainly when he was 160and if you know your history the best WW have never been afraid of the best MW. Deluded? Man why y’all think Canelo is some GOAT??? You guys need to do better. Spence at the time was walking around heavier than Canelo. I definitely was picking Spence to win had that happened at that time. Again, too much risk and not enough reward for Canelo though.

What y’all don’t realize is weight class is a business! Every fighter you see at a weight class doesnt mean thats where his natural weight is. I can reel off names. Oscar starved himself to get a title at 130, he could have started at 135. SSM was 140 as an amateur but was 135lb champion. Ward was a 160lb amateur who fought as LHW in the Olympics! THEN went back down to 168 as a pro!

what do you mean Canelo vs Charlo ruined the game??? what did that fight do that had not already been done?

edit: I was right, @patscorpio, fact check me breh. Canelo beats Smith for 154 WBO, fights JCCjr at 164, 2 weeks later Spence dethrones Brook. this is when the first mentions happened. Canelo was still 154lb champ and decided to fight GGG for the MW title. was not far fetched at all. Spence was big WW and Canelo was just leaving 154. Meanwhile Boots wont come to 154 and mf's in here talkin bout a 37 y/o Bud who doesnt make 154 the easiest needs to come back to 147 to face that lil nikka. :camby:
You went and researched that shyt?:russ:

Nah, Spence is a good body puncher and a solid welterweight, I'm a huge fan, I got merch etc, as well as Crawford. Canelo is a bore.

But he's a lot bigger than any of those guys, especially welterweights, he fights at 175 and 168 you moron.

So fukking knock this shyt off.