Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a perfect example. Everyone on that list are 3 weight classes apart. Crawford fans claim he's too small for Benavidez, but think he would ko or decision Canelo. Can you please make sense of that for me because I'm too stupid to understand.

Canelo basically just said Benevidez is too big for HIM. smh.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because we don’t want to see the fight. What’s hard to get? We want boots vs bud.

tf is "we"? :mjlol: speak for yourself. casuals dont know who Boots is. he hasnt done shyt. he getting tagged up as he steps up in opposition. they not in the same division. Crawford not going back to 147 and Boots team said they are not interested in going to 154 anytime soon. what is so intriguing about Boots, not to mention it makes zero financial sense.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Because we don’t want to see the fight. What’s hard to get? We want boots vs bud.
The only way that happens at this point is if Ennis moves up. From what I understand Bozy has no plans to move him up anytime soon. I think they want to clean out 147, which wouldn't be that difficult to do right now.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The only way that happens at this point is if Ennis moves up. From what I understand Bozy has no plans to move him up anytime soon. I think they want to clean out 147, which wouldn't be that difficult to do right now.
Saw the rehydration weights. Crawford was heavier than madrimov on thatm somehow

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
tf is "we"? :mjlol: speak for yourself. casuals dont know who Boots is. he hasnt done shyt. he getting tagged up as he steps up in opposition. they not in the same division. Crawford not going back to 147 and Boots team said they are not interested in going to 154 anytime soon. what is so intriguing about Boots, not to mention it makes zero financial sense.

Are you their accountant? Who cares how much they get paid theyre all rich :what:

Idk anything about any of these fighters cause they dont fight each other. Thats why I want to see boots vs crawford so I can finally see wtf boots is about.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you their accountant? Who cares how much they get paid theyre all rich :what:

Idk anything about any of these fighters cause they dont fight each other. Thats why I want to see boots vs crawford so I can finally see wtf boots is about.

fool, nobody out here getting punched in the head for discounts :dead: and promoters and advisors in ANY sport dont put up money for something they dont think is profitable. fights are made off ROI, not because people want to see what your favorite fighter is capable of. you dont need Crawford to find out what Boots is about either. he needs to get his hands dirty at 147 or call out some 154lbers before trying to jump line and mix in with big dogs. Not just Crawford but Spence and Charlo have even built their names up to where they not fighting Boots. you were given a title, how about trying to unify at least before worrying about big names. in boxing you have to have something someone wants. no one above 147 wants anything that Boots has.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the rehydration weights. Crawford was heavier than madrimov on thatm somehow

because its more to physicals than meets the eye. comfortably, Crawford is probably closer to a small middleweight, like between 157-160, he has said making 154 is no walk in the park either. Just because Dream is a natural 154 doesnt mean he is big at that weight yet. keep in mind there are fighters that stay at one/two weights their entire career, like Hagler, Norris, even B-Hop....he really only moved up for the money. meanwhile you got guys like Hearns who started lower and went beyond those guys. Likewise with Pacquiao. some fighters can do it and this is mostly based on their frame.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I could kinda tell just by how some of the shots were landing on Madrimov. They looked heavier and thudding especially those punches in the 11th and 12th. Madrimov didn't want to engage.

The axe murderer

Daps
because its more to physicals than meets the eye. comfortably, Crawford is probably closer to a small middleweight, like between 157-160, he has said making 154 is no walk in the park either. Just because Dream is a natural 154 doesnt mean he is big at that weight yet. keep in mind there are fighters that stay at one/two weights their entire career, like Hagler, Norris, even B-Hop....he really only moved up for the money. meanwhile you got guys like Hearns who started lower and went beyond those guys. Likewise with Pacquiao. some fighters can do it and this is mostly based on their frame.
Yeah thats why im thinking making welterweight is much harder now. I just don't see him going back

The axe murderer

Daps
I could kinda tell just by how some of the shots were landing on Madrimov. They looked heavier and thudding especially those punches in the 11th and 12th. Madrimov didn't want to engage.
That power is very real. No one else stopped porter and the way he hurt Spence was crazy. Mads did that foot feinting tango because that power nasty

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah thats why im thinking making welterweight is much harder now. I just don't see him going back

most fighters have problems making weight.....because they are human. right after the fight Bud was eating pizza. the reason why B-Hop was able to stay at 160 forever is because of his diet. I think Mickey Ward fell in this category as well. rule of thumb is you fight at lowest weight you feel comfortable at. which is why I dont feel Canelo is that much bigger essentially. Canelo says Benevidez is too big for him but at the same time says he is very comfortable at 168. He is saying that more than likely because its a weak division. Canelo optimum is probably just above 160. so I see him as maybe a 163-165 lber while Bud is maybe 157-160. those are two different classes and anything above 160 goes in to super middle. I think they are legit a weight class apart...7lbs. not 21 or 14 like people are thinking. according to people in their camp, Canelo walks around at 190, Bud and Spence at 180.

The axe murderer

Daps
most fighters have problems making weight.....because they are human. right after the fight Bud was eating pizza. the reason why B-Hop was able to stay at 160 forever is because of his diet. I think Mickey Ward fell in this category as well. rule of thumb is you fight at lowest weight you feel comfortable at. which is why I dont feel Canelo is that much bigger essentially. Canelo says Benevidez is too big for him but at the same time says he is very comfortable at 168. He is saying that more than likely because its a weak division. Canelo optimum is probably just above 160. so I see him as maybe a 163-165 lber while Bud is maybe 157-160. those are two different classes and anything above 160 goes in to super middle. I think they are legit a weight class apart...7lbs. not 21 or 14 like people are thinking. according to people in their camp, Canelo walks around at 190, Bud and Spence at 180.
I think the Bivol fight had him reasses his limits. Before that mandem was talking about fighting makubu for the cruiserweight title and even usyk at heavyweight. Its nice to believe in yourself and he is an elite fighter but sometimes you need to reel it in:hubie: