Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the benavidez shyt this makes it even more asinine that canelo was talking fighting for the CW title from makabu and jack

the makabu BS will never not be funny because the people that were supporting that fight clearly had no idea who makabu was :heh:..even moreso why canelo targeted him...and was talking catchweight on top of that

thankfully badou jack, a former SMW champ, blew all that bullshyt apart by beating makabu with no catchweight, stopping him for the CW title

then canelo tries to put a 180 catchweight on dude in negotiations :dead: which jack rightfully told him nikka please

no shame at all

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That power is very real. No one else stopped porter and the way he hurt Spence was crazy. Mads did that foot feinting tango because that power nasty

reason why fight looked as close as it did on first watch is because Crawford got in some nasty body shots that were VERY hard for see that most people including the judges likely missed. also, an underrated ritual that fighters do that Bud made a mistake in not doing is keeping a very good/close haircut because the hair and sweat flying off makes punches....some that dont even land look like hard blows. I dont like locs, loose braids, long hair, etc in boxing matches. the jheri curl era was wild...:pachaha:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
the benavidez shyt this makes it even more asinine that canelo was talking fighting for the CW title from makabu and jack

the makabu BS will never not be funny because the people that were supporting that fight clearly had no idea who makabu was :heh:..even moreso why canelo targeted him...and was talking catchweight on top of that

thankfully badou jack, a former SMW champ, blew all that bullshyt apart by beating makabu with no catchweight, stopping him for the CW title

then canelo tries to put a 180 catchweight on dude in negotiations :dead: which jack rightfully told him nikka please

no shame at all
I've never seen someone be forced to fight 20 lbs under the limit for their own belt. :deadrose:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wish mell didn't move up for that nelo fight. You think he going back to 54?

Charlo's are cooked mentally. its not even about boxing. he can make 54....if not then 60. they just dont have their heads in it and I think they have gotten all they wanted out of the game. especially Mell off that Canelo check. Mell is probably not top 5 at 54 unless he shows us something different. lets not forget in his heyday at 54 he went life and death with Harrison and Castano...two guys who are not even top 10 in the division currently.

The axe murderer

Daps
reason why fight looked as close as it did on first watch is because Crawford got in some nasty body shots that were VERY hard for see that most people including the judges likely missed. also, an underrated ritual that fighters do that Bud made a mistake in not doing is keeping a very good/close haircut because the hair and sweat flying off makes punches....some that dont even land look like hard blows. I dont like locs, loose braids, long hair, etc in boxing matches. the jheri curl era was wild...:pachaha:
Brada I remember those times. Im flabbyset. Even the blocked punches look dramatic :dead:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Charlo's are cooked mentally. its not even about boxing. he can make 54....if not then 60. they just dont have their heads in it and I think they have gotten all they wanted out of the game. especially Mell off that Canelo check. Mell is probably not top 5 at 54 unless he shows us something different. lets not forget in his heyday at 54 he went life and death with Harrison and Castano...two guys who are not even top 10 in the division currently.

I feel this is a disingenuous statement though. Harrison is a diff era imo and a focused non flabby Harrison is a problem, Castano is also a problem too but you can argue is retired.

I feel 154 now is a new era than the one Mell won the war of, so it's more so seeing if Mell still has it. I think he should go to 160 and undisputed since it's weak for his legacy but he seems hell bent on 154 since it's easy for him.to make maybe and he has a power advantage

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
agreed...neither charlo will prolly regain any form

well its been a min since mall was in form...he hasnt looked good since he moved to MW and his problems cooked him...its only a matter of time before he loses his zero..which is incredible he still has it

mell at least made it to the top and has a claim for the HOF before the canelo fiasco and personal issues took hold...i thought he beat tony in both fights..but he should have lost to castano the first time around

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the Bivol fight had him reasses his limits. Before that mandem was talking about fighting makubu for the cruiserweight title and even usyk at heavyweight. Its nice to believe in yourself and he is an elite fighter but sometimes you need to reel it in:hubie:

that wasnt that much about weight though. Canelo can beat CW's depending on who it is. for some reason they thought Bivol was some chump and found out different.

The axe murderer

Daps
Yeah they have a lot of outside trouble. They don't seem to have their hearts in it. The way he was moving about with that whole tszyu fight had me concerned

The axe murderer

Daps
that wasnt that much about weight though. Canelo can beat CW's depending on who it is. for some reason they thought Bivol was some chump and found out different.
Worst part is bivol could make 168 and could have challenged for all the belts :hubie: