Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Shockingly tanks fanclub are now a detractors of the main person in boxing giving us consistent 50/50 matchups and compelling cards. shocking I tell you. Even the no hopers on these cards put up great efforts. How can you not fukk with what Turki is doing. For the first time in recent memory we are getting consistent toss up fights amongst monsters with minimal bullshyt, marinating, nonsense. only holdups are if someone gets injured. Who cares how long he does it, hes doing it now. Saudis giving us several years of the matchups we want to see now they about to ruin boxing????? :dahell:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
notice the words PROFIT are nowhere in your post. You don't want to put your eggs in an unprofitable vehicle, you milk it and pivot once it crashes. You are trying to use Saudis wanting to clean their money and image as "Boxing is being saved forever" is pretty naive and setting yourself to be left down in 10 years once Saudi's move on.
I don't see the downside. Even if this shyt only last 5 yrs, it's still 5 yrs of frequent quality fights. The alternative is what exactly? Going back to the politics and marinating shyt everybody complains about
You could argue that Turki is currently the best "promoter" in boxing. Look at the quality of events just in the last 3-4 months starting with Usyk vsFury :whew:
The nikka made a Bud vs eastern euro headliner a star studded event.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I don't see the downside. Even if this shyt only last 5 yrs, it's still 5 yrs of frequent quality fights. The alternative is what exactly? Going back to the politics and marinating shyt everybody complains about
You could argue that Turki is currently the best "promoter" in boxing. Look at the quality of events just in the last 3-4 months starting with Usyk vsFury :whew:
The nikka made a Bud vs eastern euro headliner a star studded event.

right :dead: if we only got the hw undisputed out of this whole thing it would be a success from a fan perspective but he got other divisions now percolating as well. what is not to like if you a fan of boxing?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
fukk Turkey on rye with his long ass marathon work shift fukking boxing cards.

He's cool for the heavyweight division. I'll give him that, but he ain't really making shyt happen like that anywhere else.

Exactly. Like I said in the Past, that Tim vs Virgil Co- Main was fukking FIRE, the moment that was off I did not need a reason to go see the LA event in person. The Bud fight was something I'd watch on TV, and the other fights on the Undercard were aight but nothing I needed to invest in.

If this was a Bud vs Charlo main for a belt then yeah I`m going or even Bud vs Fundora/Tim. I said it before Boxing is an expensive ass sport to be a fan of so you gotta really make it worth peoples time to travel especially to cities like LA where the lodging is expensive.

Even the UK card with AJ vs Dubois will be some normal shyt that Matchroom could have done on their own imo. And I`m hearing Turki wants Shakur vs Zepeda to be its own card, when IMO it would be perfect as a Co-Main on the Bivol vs Beterbiev or Fury vs Usyk 2 card if dudes really wanna talk BIG CARD.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
A whole damn year :mjlol:
not-funny-laughing.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
fukk Turkey on rye with his long ass marathon work shift fukking boxing cards.

He's cool for the heavyweight division. I'll give him that, but he ain't really making shyt happen like that anywhere else.
one day we will be covering his events live so you will have to play nice in future :russ: