Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't think it's a coincidence the two dudes who aren't fukking with Turki also are the two dudes not fighting opponents the fans want :sas2:
It's not even a PBC issue I don't think as he works with PBC fighters and even mentioned Benavidaz in that tweet, Turki just doesn't play games when it comes the matchmaking.

Like I said this is more nuanced. The only "face of boxing" type cat working with Turki is AJ, And he is in a Long term deal with Matchroom and his focus is the belts so it is business as usual for him. All these other cats were not cash cows. We haven't seen Turki do anything for Monster Inoue yet and besides AJ/Fury/Usyk only person who it seems like got a crazy payday was Francis Nganou

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Like I said this is more nuanced. The only "face of boxing" type cat working with Turki is AJ, And he is in a Long term deal with Matchroom and his focus is the belts so it is business as usual for him. All these other cats were not cash cows. We haven't seen Turki do anything for Monster Inoue yet and besides AJ/Fury/Usyk only person who it seems like got a crazy payday was Francis Nganou
So what's the issue then? The PPV model is still there , he's putting up guarantees and eliminating the need for politics. Granted no one has been able to get Canelo to fight Benavidez but I'm sure Turki is/would negotiate with fair top dollar guarantees. It's no way dude is able to damn near coalesce the entire boxing world in this short span if he was playing around with the money or jerking dudes

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So what's the issue then? The PPV model is still there , he's putting up guarantees and eliminating the need for politics. Granted no one has been able to get Canelo to fight Benavidez but I'm sure Turki is/would negotiate with fair top dollar guarantees. It's no way dude is able to damn near coalesce the entire boxing world in this short span if he was playing around with the money or jerking dudes

There is no issue it is calling out the reality. Turki isn't as powerful as people think and this model isn't sustainable so dudes should enjoy it while we can vs thinking this is the new normal

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Pitbull got the 2nd highest Payday on the card and loss
:russ:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

Pitbull got the 2nd highest Payday on the card and loss
:russ:

2.5 for Bud. 1.5 for Pitbull. I see why Tank isn't in a rush to link up with the Saudis. I think Frank may have taken home more than that for that Tank fight.

Same for Nelo. Turki making threats and shyt. "If he was smart he (Canelo) would take the deal." Tank makes more than that fighting at home. Same for Nelo in Mexico or the states.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If and when the Saudis stop promoting we’ll be lucky to watch unranked fighters give it their all at 2am

And Benavides and Morrell are doing the right thing by going to LHW and not getting old waiting for a fight that was most likely not going to happen

yeah Saudi's don't give a shyt about the sport, so all that "Buying all the promoters" and dudes being on board with it Is weird shyt lol. You never want a monopoly. I think the post Saudi era will be a humbling for the future generations but it probably won't get UFC bad

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
2.5 for Bud. 1.5 for Pitbull. I see why Tank isn't in a rush to link up with the Saudis. I think Frank may have taken home more than that for that Tank fight.

Same for Nelo. Turki making threats and shyt. "If he was smart he (Canelo) would take the deal."

yeah when I saw this and seen how Turki reacted to Tank and Canelo then I`m like yeah there are a ton of smoke and mirrors. Like I said besides the AJ/Fury/Usyk stuff the only one who made big money was Francis and even then it wasn't no 50ms.

I think Saudi's pay people their worth with a little extra on top rather than everyone getting 5m minimum to be on a prelim. Most these cards are stacked with dudes who don't make much in general so it isn't hard to give them a 10-20% extra to ease promoter concerns ( because all of the cross promotion fighters have been non Headliners so is it really something that crazy?).

If we got a Card that was 4 PPV headliners then yeah.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
. Turki isn't as powerful as people think and this model isn't sustainable so dudes should enjoy it while we can vs thinking this is the new normal
He's powerful enough. He runs a government sport program that has billions of dollars in annual budget. People talk like this is a personal pet project of his cause he's so hands on but really he's the face for something the Saudi government is trying to do. And if the soccer league and LIV golf thing is any indication he might be in boxing for a while

regarding Bud vs Canelo lol nikka sound like a fukking Slave Master. I thought this was to give fighters want they want too vs Turki playing the Beyonder
ain't nothing stopping the other promoters from making the fight :yeshrug:. He made Canelo offers and Canelo gave his ass to kiss so he moving on. How is that different from any other boxing negotiation

Lowkey I'm bout to start stanning Turki the way dudes stan Haymon :dead:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
He's powerful enough. He runs a government sport program that has billions of dollars in annual budget. People talk like this is a personal pet project of his cause he's so hands on but really he's the face for something the Saudi government is trying to do. And if the soccer league and LIV golf thing is any indication he might be in boxing for a while

ain't nothing stopping the other promoters from making the fight :yeshrug:. He made Canelo offers and Canelo gave his ass to kiss so he moving on. How is that different from any other boxing negotiation

Lowkey I'm bout to start stanning Turki the way dudes stan Haymon :dead:
Thank you for the clear logistics. All of this rubbish that Turki will scrap it and bounce its laughable!