Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Hold up Turki paid Crawford 2.5 mill????
That's just the guarantee. Bud could make "up to" $20mil they said. Have to consider it wasn't a big fight either. Majority people in here never heard of Madrimov before much less casuals
I think Tank last guarantee was $3.5m with him making up to $25m against Frank Martin

Why all these guys running tp Riyadh Season?
Cause it's still more money than they making otherwise. Also alot of guys get stuck on the bench waiting for their promoter to line up in house fights. shyt like Riyadh season will have guys WAY more active just off the fact all the promoters are involved

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
That's just the guarantee. Bud could make "up to" $20mil they said. Have to consider it wasn't a big fight either. Majority people in here never heard of Madrimov before much less casuals
I think Tank last guarantee was $3.5m with him making up to $25m against Frank Martin

Cause it's still more money than they making otherwise. Also alot of guys get stuck on the bench waiting for their promoter to line up in house fights. shyt like Riyadh season will have guys WAY more active just off the fact all the promoters are involved
Nice, thank you.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

for the most part i fukk with the Riyadh Season cards outside of Fury vs Ngannou which ironically was a real jumpoff for him and the heavyweight division...not the presentation per se but the matchmaking...id say he needs an independent advisor with no promoter loyalty to help clean up his presentation and he will really have something

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

fast eddie turning this into a showcase on some wwf superstars shyt :hhh:..both these guys - pacheco and nunez - are passed this level of comp

nunez should be the one fighting for the title next month on UK riyadh season

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Turki went from "I am doing what the fans want" to quickly talking about "I just don't want it anymore" :mjlol:

One of the reasons he and Canelo don't rock with each other is because Turki is sponsoring the UFC event on the same day as Canelo vs Berlanga. Turki said he will eat him :dame: for having the same date as his event.

There is no excuse now for Bud not to take Boots.....make it happen now and don't come up with no more funky excuses :lolbron:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He's powerful enough. He runs a government sport program that has billions of dollars in annual budget. People talk like this is a personal pet project of his cause he's so hands on but really he's the face for something the Saudi government is trying to do. And if the soccer league and LIV golf thing is any indication he might be in boxing for a while

ain't nothing stopping the other promoters from making the fight :yeshrug:. He made Canelo offers and Canelo gave his ass to kiss so he moving on. How is that different from any other boxing negotiation

Lowkey I'm bout to start stanning Turki the way dudes stan Haymon :dead:

notice the words PROFIT are nowhere in your post. You don't want to put your eggs in an unprofitable vehicle, you milk it and pivot once it crashes. You are trying to use Saudis wanting to clean their money and image as "Boxing is being saved forever" is pretty naive and setting yourself to be left down in 10 years once Saudi's move on.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Turki went from "I am doing what the fans want" to quickly talking about "I just don't want it anymore" :mjlol:

One of the reasons he and Canelo don't rock with each other is because Turki is sponsoring the UFC event on the same day as Canelo vs Berlanga. Turki said he will eat him :dame: for having the same date as his event.

There is no excuse now for Bud not to take Boots.....make it happen now and don't come up with no more funky excuses :lolbron:

nikkas hyping up a fukking Slave master. lol Turki showing his hand now and eventually this will get used against him in a few years when folks cry about Saudis ruining boxing.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
notice the words PROFIT are nowhere in your post. You don't want to put your eggs in an unprofitable vehicle, you milk it and pivot once it crashes. You are trying to use Saudis wanting to clean their money and image as "Boxing is being saved forever" is pretty naive and setting yourself to be left down in 10 years once Saudi's move on.
Enjoy it while you can becayse looking at several sporting ventures this may end up like
38yapg.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
for the most part i fukk with the Riyadh Season cards outside of Fury vs Ngannou which ironically was a real jumpoff for him and the heavyweight division...not the presentation per se but the matchmaking...id say he needs an independent advisor with no promoter loyalty to help clean up his presentation and he will really have something

He needs to bring in someone who is tapped in with the culture of Boxing. Someone made a good point that this event could have been 2 cards with one being PPV and one being non PPV. 8 hours of boxing in an arena is just not practical add on a half time show happing before the main event just screams disconnect.