Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
What you listed should at least be the bare minimum. These guys don’t even look like they want to be at the fights that their promoter will bring them out to for appearances. I don’t know it just seemed like growing up, the fighters wanted to be stars. I can’t imagine these guys nowadays on a late night show

Facts

and I agree, I think dudes back in the day, really wanted to become stars or at least were in love with the sport. A nikka like Chris Bryd who's style annoyed a good amount of fans, used to be at every damn big fight watching like he had next on some :gladbron: shyt.

Nowadays, these nikkas be ringside looking at their phones, while nikkas is in the ring fighting their hear out. :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Facts

and I agree, I think dudes back in the day, really wanted to become stars or at least were in love with the sport. A nikka like Chris Bryd who's style annoyed a good amount of fans, used to be at every damn big fight watching like he had next on some :gladbron: shyt.

Nowadays, these nikkas be ringside looking at their phones, while nikkas is in the ring fighting their hear out. :snoop:

or they get too lit and get into personal fukkery

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i can confirm that Andrade is out here in New England like that..he is far from a hermit

That's cool and he does sell well in that region, but this nikka need to be all around the country doing press and promo. These nikkas literally make enough money to stay in different states for days and weeks at a time and build interest and network.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts

Chris Byrd is a guy that really maximized his exposure during his time. Well he really maximized whatever he could in general. It seemed like the guy was everywhere.

:yeshrug:Him being known is why you could keep booking him, even though he didn't have a fan friendly style.

Who is the last black fighter who took the initiative to promote themselves? Broner?

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Chris Byrd is a guy that really maximized his exposure during his time. Well he really maximized whatever he could in general. It seemed like the guy was everywhere.

:yeshrug:Him being known is why you could keep booking him, even though he didn't have a fan friendly style.

Who is the last black fighter who took the initiative to promote themselves? Broner?

Facts

Bryd would be a legit star in this era where nikkas constantly praise sweet sciencing :mjlol:

and yeah Broner was the last one that I can remember promoting themselves like that.

Even tho Teo killed his momentum after the Loma fight, I do respect the fact that he had a plan and focused on dude and wouldn't let up until he got acknowledged an eventually a fight. He was the whole reason why Bob at first tried to make that shyt a ppv.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts

Bryd would be a legit star in this era where nikkas constantly praise sweet sciencing :mjlol:

and yeah Broner was the last one that I can remember promoting themselves like that.

Even tho Teo killed his momentum after the Loma fight, I do respect the fact that he had a plan and focused on dude and wouldn't let up until he got acknowledged an eventually a fight. He was the whole reason why Bob at first tried to make that shyt a ppv.

It's pretty crazy you brought up Chris Byrd. I was listening to this interview he did earlier this year. He flat out said he had to get his, and promote himself. Go to 4:50. That was his mentality.

Last edited: