Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Also this video is 100% facts.

Lmao, starts off with “old media” almost right away. These LDBC guys really live in their own wonderland where owning up to your bias and not doing anything to balance them out makes them cool and morally better than the so called old media that they never define btw.

It’s like these dudes got a wrong understanding on what the problem is. They criticize the so called old media because they perceive them biased which would be a fair enough criticism if they would try to make unbiased reporting instead, showing the “old media” how it suppose to be done but no, they are just openly biased in favor of guys they think the “old media” is biased against and they think this somehow makes them better. Like the problem here would be “old media” being biased on a way they don’t like it but if they would be biased in favor of their favorite fighters and promoters it would be all good.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Lmao, starts off with “old media” almost right away. These LDBC guys really live in their own wonderland where owning up to your bias and not doing anything to balance them out makes them cool and morally better than the so called old media that they never define btw.

It’s like these dudes got a wrong understanding on what the problem is. They criticize the so called old media because they perceive them biased which would be a fair enough criticism if they would try to make unbiased reporting instead, showing the “old media” how it suppose to be done but no, they are just openly biased in favor of guys they think the “old media” is biased against and they think this somehow makes them better. Like the problem here would be “old media” being biased on a way they don’t like it but if they would be biased in favor of their favorite fighters and promoters it would be all good.

Did you actually watch the video or are you just coming in with your annoying ass contrarian to be contrarian points again? You didn't address anything he actually said in the video about the topic.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Did you actually watch the video or are you just coming in with your annoying ass contrarian to be contrarian points again? You didn't address anything he actually said in the video about the topic.
Contrarian? How is my opinion contrarian here? That "devil's advocate" shyt is used when somebody obviously argues a minority opinion over the widely accepted one or defends the indefensible, not every time when someone just disagrees with you.
He started the video with that bullshyt which got me writing down my thoughts on the whole "old media" thing, it's not about being contrarian.

But I listened, it was 25 minutes of rambling over some comments on social media that got him mad, making it out like he would be some representative of the truth over the dumb masses. The usual receipt... refer to an undefined group as "they" and "them" all the time and make unprovable statements like the same people who didn't say anything about Joshua vs Usyk are the ones that criticizing Spence. :dwillhuh: Like, prove it then breh, show me those ppl and their comments don't just say "the same people" and I suppose to beieve it's not just to make a point for yourself. Bringing up Ugas too like it would matter that he beat Bud in the amateurs more than a decade ago :mjlol:
I have a very different experience too as I saw more ppl criticizing Bud for demanding 50-50 than ppl criticizing Spence about demanding 60-40. But hey, maybe there are less old media heads in my social network circles than him :heh:

Or

"Errol is mostly criticized by black people" How in the fukk does he know this? Does he have some statistics? He's saying it like it would be a fact, put something behind it then, but he won't because he can't, he's just eating off of getting mad at imaginary groups of ppl on the internet.

Some revisionist ass opinions here too, saying everybody was talking Spence down when he wanted to fight Thurman. Idk what period he's talking about cause I remember differently, Thurman got more heat for not looking to fight Spence than Spence talked down. Maybe we just have a different social media circle, idk.
And he's saying fans didn't criticize Bud for his opponents? :why: Again, I remember very differently, he got shyt on a lot for it but maybe that's just me.
Why right off of Bud's biggest win is the right time to make this video anyway? Just when Bud proved himself to those who doubted that he could beat a top 147er?

The whole rambling about why they stopped the Bud fight and not the Errol one too. Lol, it's because Porter's pops got shook of what Bud's gonna do and wasn't shook the same way with Spence, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Also this video is 100% facts.

This nikka is talking out his ass…I’m not seeing this Spence hate anywhere. Most people had just been talking about how Crawford did better than him against Porter which is true. Most people thought Errol was going to dog Porter, but once we saw that was a close fight then the Danny fight…The Spence hype train slowed down…While he beat Danny that wasn’t a dominant performance…Errol is a quiet dude so he don’t really garner no hate one way or another.

Crawford was the most disrespected top dude in the game by far based on his resume…but once we seen him do the same thing he do to every opponent more or less, to Porter than we ain’t got no choice but to give him his cred. And I agree with Res most people shyt on Crawford for that split. I still think Ortiz can KO him early.

Real boxing heads know Kell Brook is Spence’s biggest win…real ones not blinded by the PBC round robin.

I had to cut it off tho…too much bullshyt in a 10 minute span.:scust:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

What does he have to do with all of it, Charlo is not a Mayweather Promotions fighter

Charlo has to take that fight already, Canelo going all the way up to 180, that tells me he won't ever be back to 168 so these dudes at 160 can start fighting each other.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What does he have to do with all of it, Charlo is not a Mayweather Promotions fighter

Charlo has to take that fight already, Canelo going all the way up to 180, that tells me he won't ever be back to 168 so these dudes at 160 can start fighting each other.

he’s basically highlighting that Hearn sucks as a promoter, because a fighter signed with him and can’t even get big fights in his own stable, which are always more realistic then crossing the street.

It’s a real bad look that Hearn can’t get these guys big fights that are in house

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Why is it that Haymon doesn’t sign almost none of these amateur standouts?
Is it because he’s trying but can’t compete with these TR deals or is it because he’s not even trying and starting to let boxing go?
It’s strange that PBC has got the most top American, especially African-American fighters in the generation that’s in their 28-38 years now but from the generation that follows barely. Still some good young fighters like Gary Russ’s brothers, Colbert, Lubin or Tank just not as many

Interesting with all the LDBC rhetoric online young black prospects don’t seem to give a damn about none of that when it’s time to sign :russ:
Money talks. If the typical PBC deal is like the one Spence took I can see the avg breh passing on that as it’s a risk involved with not taking a bag upfront
Either way it works out for PBC to just poach talent after they mature and make money with them at the highlight of their careers :yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It’s like y’all didn’t learn from Tevin Farmer… it’s like you nikkas are the ones taking punches from your favorite fighters

Let me refresh your memory

7:30 mark

“We offered Andrade Jermall he said I’d rather take 3 million to fight the Luke Keelers of the world “

J3RMaLl n3eDz TeW tAk3 tHe FiGht
:camby:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
he’s basically highlighting that Hearn sucks as a promoter, because a fighter signed with him and can’t even get big fights in his own stable, which are always more realistic then crossing the street.

It’s a real bad look that Hearn can’t get these guys big fights that are in house
It might be but he can't force GGG to fight Andrade if he doesn't want to and Munguia isn't even with him, just on the same platform. If GBP and Munguia want to avoid that fight like they seem to be doing so...

Both of these guys need each other cause they have to look for credible opponents with a magnifying glass, Charlo's 160 run is only better by a Derevyanchenko fight and that's it... I might be right or not I don't see everything behind the scenes but from the "he has to fight Montiel first" and all the BS it doesn't look like to me that Charlo wants that fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It’s like y’all didn’t learn from Tevin Farmer… it’s like you nikkas are the ones taking punches from your favorite fighters

Let me refresh your memory

7:30 mark

“We offered Andrade Jermall he said I’d rather take 3 million to fight the Luke Keelers of the world “

J3RMaLl n3eDz TeW tAk3 tHe FiGht
:camby:

Why is it a given that Andrade needs to go there to get that fight? Turn it around and it's "Why Jermall resigned with PBC if they don't have anyone at 160?". Andrade at least could trust that MAYBE a GGG fight would come off on DAZN and Canelo was there at that time too. Turns out none of them wanted to fight him. Canelo even hit him with the old ass "his style is boring" excuse. A lot of ppl say Boo Boo would be easy night work for GGG too, seems like he doesn't want to prove it.

And that deal from 7 years ago that Andrade turned down... I don't care, it's 2021, you can't be that mad over some money issues from way back then

Not saying that Andrade makes things any easier for himself... but he's definitely not on these dudes' list of wished opponents

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It might be but he can't force GGG to fight Andrade if he doesn't want to and Munguia isn't even with him, just on the same platform. If GBP and Munguia want to avoid that fight like they seem to be doing so...

Both of these guys need each other cause they have to look for credible opponents with a magnifying glass, Charlo's 160 run is only better by a Derevyanchenko fight and that's it... I might be right or not I don't see everything behind the scenes but from the "he has to fight Montiel first" and all the BS it doesn't look like to me that Charlo wants that fight.

I agree they should get together, try to build up a fight, and get some money together . I’ve been said that. That doesn’t change the fact that Hearn has failed him. 2 things can be true

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This...I still go :gucci: at the amount of caping excusing Charlo for his performance against Montiel...he needs a high level opp his next defense..not a next up opp meaning I better not hear about no charlo vs Luis arias