Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
This...I still go :gucci: at the amount of caping excusing Charlo for his performance against Montiel...he needs a high level opp his next defense..not a next up opp meaning I better not hear about no charlo vs Luis arias

It's been beyond time for this to happen. It's just as overcooked as 147

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think Hearn an Andrade need to just go on some type of promo run similar to Haye/Wlad or Tarver/Jones and just terrorize Munguia or Charlo with fukkery until their fans and more media start calling for those fights.

Put some decent money behind it, make shirts, videos, posters, do interviews, songs, whatever shyt you can make viral etc.., and just keep that energy going into somebody says fukk this shyt and sends a contract.

I remember Paulie constantly shytting on Hatton in interviews for months and years until he finally got the fight. Sure he caught the ass kicking of a life time and had to eat his words, but that's part of the game.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Hearn an Andrade need to just go on some type of promo run similar to Haye/Wlad or Tarver/Jones and just terrorize Munguia or Charlo with fukkery until their fans and more media start calling for those fights.

Put some decent money behind it, make shirts, videos, posters, do interviews, songs, whatever shyt you can make viral etc.., and just keep that energy going into somebody says fukk this shyt and sends a contract.

Andrade tried that already with canelo and nobody cared:laff:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Andrade tried that already with canelo and nobody cared:laff:

nikka that's Canelo. :mjtf:

and the shyt still went viral so now anytime Andrade posts or say anything, the comments are usually filled with Payday :mjlol:

Even then he still didn't do it to the extent that I listed above. He shouldn't even focus on Canelo anymore, thats why I only mentioned Munguia an Andrade because those fights are more realistic and neither of those guys been setting the world on fire with their opponents lately either.

If he was to zero in on those 2 (hell, even if just one of them) he'd have better results and get more traction.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why is it a given that Andrade needs to go there to get that fight? Turn it around and it's "Why Jermall resigned with PBC if they don't have anyone at 160?". Andrade at least could trust that MAYBE a GGG fight would come off on DAZN and Canelo was there at that time too. Turns out none of them wanted to fight him. Canelo even hit him with the old ass "his style is boring" excuse. A lot of ppl say Boo Boo would be easy night work for GGG too, seems like he doesn't want to prove it.

And that deal from 7 years ago that Andrade turned down... I don't care, it's 2021, you can't be that mad over some money issues from way back then

Not saying that Andrade makes things any easier for himself... but he's definitely not on these dudes' list of wished opponents

Nobody was talking about 2014 … Espinoza is talking about a year N a half ago Or so Andrade was a FREE AGENT :russ:

I kno I kno you are gonna Juelz N bu bu bu but it’s different… jus like Tevin Farmer was justified to turn down 3xs his career payday

These nikkas get pass after pass N the ones trying to make the fights N send offers N3eD t3W d0 S0mEtHiNg :russell:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I remember Paulie constantly shytting on Hatton in interviews for months and
years until he finally got the fight. Sure he caught the ass kicking of a life time and had to eat his words, but that's part of the game.

This all goes to what we’ve said years back. These guys don’t know how to become celebrities. I’m sure Andrade is out all the time and doesn’t get recognized unless it’s in a specific market. These guys want to fight one time a year, hibernate, and want big money.

If you don’t have the personality to be a star, you gotta fight more often. I think Canelo showed the benefits of fighting multiple times this year. He was always in boxing news, which isn’t typically the case on a 1-2 fight schedule. I’m not saying they would achieve his celebrity. I’m just saying simply being out there is a big help.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This all goes to what we’ve said years back. These guys don’t know how to become celebrities. I’m sure Andrade is out all the time and doesn’t get recognized unless it’s in a specific market. These guys want to fight one time a year, hibernate, and want big money.

If you don’t have the personality to be a star, you gotta fight more often. I think Canelo showed the benefits of fighting multiple times this year. He was always in boxing news, which isn’t typically the case on a 1-2 fight schedule. I’m not saying they would achieve his celebrity. I’m just saying simply being out there is a big help.

Facts
These nikkas don't do meet and greets or random gym pop ups, no interviews and fight only once or twice a year on top of that. nikkas want their promoter to do everything even though they getting paid enough to have their own personal PR team.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
DAZN needs to make it’s in house fights

If Eddie Hearn N DAZN did they job… Andrade would be a name would have Wins better than Vanes N Canelo would not have been able to duck him

Or GGG would be on a Roll N Canelo would not have been able to dodge trilogy

Or Mungia would be the #2 Mexican Star with a Showdown with Canelo that would do 1.5 million PPV buys

imagine if none of the 147 PBC never fought each other …nikkas would be having heart attacks … DAZN 160 tho it’s Charlos fault :mjlol:

Goofy ass shyt

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city

I remember Paulie constantly shytting on Hatton in interviews for months and years until he finally got the fight. Sure he caught the ass kicking of a life time and had to eat his words, but that's part of the game.
I like that :mjgrin:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts
These nikkas don't do meet and greets or random gym pop ups, no interviews and fight only once or twice a year on top of that. nikkas want their promoter to do everything even though they getting paid enough to have their own personal PR team.

What you listed should at least be the bare minimum. These guys don’t even look like they want to be at the fights that their promoter will bring them out to for appearances. I don’t know it just seemed like growing up, the fighters wanted to be stars. I can’t imagine these guys nowadays on a late night show

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
One of the key activities at the annual WBC convention is when promoters and managers from around the world gather to fight it out for their boxer’s place in the divisional rankings and the setting of mandatory fights in each weight class.

This year’s recently concluded 59th annual WBC convention in Mexico City was no different. Here is a look at what the organization outlined for each division:

Heavyweight
Before the Oct. 9 third fight between champion Tyson Fury and former titlist Deontay Wilder the WBC put out a resolution saying the winner of the fight would be obligated to next face the interim titleholder, which is Dillian Whyte. So, Whyte is the mandatory, however the WBC punted in terms of ordering the bout next because Whyte is in arbitration with the WBC mainly over what the purse split would be. The WBC says 80-20, Whyte wants more. So, while he fights that battle, he won’t get the next fight it seems. Fury will probably be allowed an optional defense this spring. The WBC said until the Whyte arbitration is resolved it will not officially order the mandatory.

Bridgerweight
Oscar Rivas claimed the first title in the newly created 224-pound division by outpointing Ryan Rozicki in an action-packed fight on Oct. 22 and now must make a mandatory defense against Evgeny Romanov, the first of two mandatories he must make.

Cruiserweight
Before the convention titleholder Ilunga Makabu had already been ordered to make his mandatory defense against Thabiso Mchunu. When that will happen is unclear but the surprise of the convention was the appearance of Eddy Reynoso, trainer and manager of undisputed super middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez, who addressed the convention and asked for permission for Alvarez to challenge Makabu for the cruiserweight belt. It was granted. Reynoso said they would like to do the fight in May or June. It remains to be seen if Makabu-Mchunu will take place first or if a deal for Makabu-Alvarez will be made.

Light heavyweight
Unified champion Artur Beterbiev is scheduled to make his WBC mandatory defense against Marcus Browne on Dec. 17 in Montreal.

Super middleweight
Canelo Alvarez became the undisputed champion on Nov. 6 and is looking to next fight for the WBC cruiserweight title. Permission was granted. So, at super middleweight, former two-time titlist David Benavidez was granted the opportunity to fight for the vacant interim title, possibly against former middleweight titlist David Lemieux.

Middleweight
Titleholder Jermall Charlo is allowed to make a voluntary defense next. To earn the mandatory position, Jaime Munguia was ordered to face the winner of Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Carlos Adames, which takes place on Dec. 5. Munguia promoter Eric Gomez of Golden Boy told the WBC their side is ready and willing to make that match for Munguia next.

Junior middleweight
Unified titlist Jermell Charlo and WBO titleholder Brian Castano fought to a draw in July and their teams are aiming for a rematch in early 2022. To obtain the mandatory position, Sebastian Fundora and Sergio Garcia meet on Dec. 5 in an elimination bout with the winner to be ordered to face Erickson Lubin in a final eliminator for the mandatory spot.

Welterweight
Unified titlist Errol Spence Jr., who had recent surgery to repair a torn retina, has been cleared to train but his schedule is unclear. He owes an IBF mandatory defense to Kudratillo Abdukakhorov before a WBC mandatory. No WBC mandatory was set but there was discussion of an eliminator between David Avanesyan and Vergil Ortiz Jr., who has a Jan. 22 date but no opponent yet.

Junior welterweight
Undisputed champion Josh Taylor is scheduled for a defense against Jack Catterall on Feb. 26 and then he will be mandated to face Jose Zepeda.

Lightweight
Titleholder Devin Haney is scheduled to defend against interim titlist Joseph Diaz Jr. on Dec. 4. “Franchise champion” Teofimo Lopez Jr., who also holds the IBF, WBO and WBA titles, is set for an IBF mandatory against George Kambosos on Saturday.

Junior lightweight
Titleholder Oscar Valdez is in a voluntary stage. The WBC proposed a four-man box-off to produce his mandatory challenger with O’Shaquie Foster to fight Muhammadkhuja Yaqubov in a semifinal eliminator with former titlist Miguel Berchelt and Robson Conceicao, who recently lost a disputed decision to Valdez, being mentioned as the other two participants.

Featherweight
Titleholder Gary Russell Jr. is due to next face mandatory challenger Mark Magsayo in early 2022 with the winner due to make another mandatory defense against former junior featherweight titlist Rey Vargas.

Junior featherweight
Titleholder Brandon Figueroa will face WBO counterpart Stephen Fulton in a unification fight on Saturday. The WBC will order the winner to face former titleholder Daniel Roman.

Bantamweight
Titleholder Nonito Donaire is scheduled to face interim titlist Reymart Gaballo in mandated fight on Dec. 11. Jason Moloney and Nawaphon Kaikanha were ordered to meet in an eliminator.

Junior bantamweight
Former titleholders Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Carlos Cuadras are due to meet for the vacant world title, although there is no date set. Juan Francisco Estrada and Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez will meet for the third time in early 2022 for the “franchise” title. Pedro Guevara and Fernando Guevara were ordered to meet in an eliminator.

Flyweight
Titlist Julio Cesar Martinez and interim titlist McWilliams Arroyo fought to a third-round no contest last Friday in a mandatory bout. A rematch is likely to be ordered.

Junior flyweight
Titleholder Masamichi Yabuki upset Kenshiro Teraji to win the WBC title by 10th-round knockout on Sept. 22 and a rematch is next.

Strawweight
Panya Pradabsri won a close decision over long-reigning titlist Wanheng Menayothin to take the belt in November 2020. Pradabsri has had two fights since and they are going to have a rematch.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This all goes to what we’ve said years back. These guys don’t know how to become celebrities. I’m sure Andrade is out all the time and doesn’t get recognized unless it’s in a specific market.

i can confirm that Andrade is out here in New England like that..he is far from a hermit

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What you listed should at least be the bare minimum. These guys don’t even look like they want to be at the fights that their promoter will bring them out to for appearances. I don’t know it just seemed like growing up, the fighters wanted to be stars. I can’t imagine these guys nowadays on a late night show

:laff: