Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Canelo could dead all this by telling them to all fight each other and he will fight the winners of those fights. Take Charlo and Benavidez for example. If they fight and say Charlo wins, he will be a two division champ and have beaten an unbeaten 2 time champ at 168. At that point Charlo comes a good scalp to have on his resume. He has accolades and he has a legit win over a guy who people see as a legit fighter and threat. That is why a lot of people aren't trying to give Canelo credits for what he has done at 168 because while they were unbeaten, none have legit wins over other guys who were proven to be that guy, not me personally though I felt like Smith, BJS, and Plant were all good fights, he took 3 0's in one year.

Canelo is the draw, he can start making these demands and he should if he is all about bettering the sport. Hell Beterbiev has the best argument of any fighter from 160-175 to fight Canelo. He is a unified champ with a legit win over Gvozdyk(sp?) and is universally seen as a very dangerous fighter who has KO power in both hands. Charlo, Benavidez, Bivol, definitely not Andrade don't even come close.
Except Canelo handed his wbc belt over to not fight Charlo..ran two divisions to not fight Andrade when he was the only champion left to beat..only tried to become undisputed when Benavidez lost that belt on the scale. He's a cherry picker. A pretender. A phony. He became undisputed in the weakest division in boxing and is fighting a unknown in May.

He's the draw but he's still fighting flakes.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Except Canelo handed his wbc belt over to not fight Charlo..ran two divisions to not fight Andrade when he was the only champion left to beat..only tried to become undisputed when Benavidez lost that belt on the scale. He's a cherry picker. A pretender. A phony. He became undisputed in the weakest division in boxing and is fighting a unknown in May.

He's the draw but he's still fighting flakes.

Don't forget the most important one, A cheater:hubie:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don’t stan none of them nikkas or heavies in general :ufdup:

But Let them nikkas be Super Chihuahua weight on Dazn … your tune would definitely change :russell:
I have a finely tuned sixth sense of quality cards where the detractors are regularly outliers in public opinion lol

:mjgrin: that quality pbc matchmaking am I right breh?

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I wonder what these deals look like that get these top prospects to go to Top Rank.

As much shyt as Arum and co get, it's pretty remarkable that they remain as competitive in signing young talent as they do.

For Davis' case, I think it was either gonna be Matchroom or Top Rank, because he was a MTK fighter. And he mentioned during his boxing Reddit AMA that he's always dreamt about fighting on ESPN

Last edited: