Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

The Porter fight will answer this question for me. I personally think a lot of Crawford's stoppages at 147 are more due to him wearing his opponents down more so than him having a large amount of pop. Mean Machine was giving Crawford hell, but Crawford kept attacking his body and Mean Machine gassed by the 6th round. Same with Benavidez, he never seemed to have Benavidez punch drunk, Benavidez just couldn't keep up with that pace.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Tim ain't beating Castano or Mell fighting like he did tonight. He beat up Inoue and the fight was never competitive save for the last couple rds. Ref kept giving them nikkas mad breathers and neither fought with any urgency or passion.

He got mad defensive holes, but he's heavy handed as fukk and his body work and uppercuts are on point. Munguia improved by leaps and bounds cuz I remember him going life and death with Inoue.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Makabu career is full of fades. You can pick any random bout of his and see a good scrap. It's just that the cruiserweight division ain't all that popular so shyt gets overlooked. Prolly more so than the guys fighting below featherweight.

Exactly...I've been giving CW its flowers for YEARS!!! For a good minute it was producing better fights than the popular divisions...shyt the first PBC fight worth a damn for a FOTY came from CW..the WBSS CW in season 1 is one of the best tournaments in a LONG TIME!!!

With that being said if you seen and follow Makabu fights you can see legit reasons why ppl side eye the fight.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Tim ain't beating Castano or Mell fighting like he did tonight. He beat up Inoue and the fight was never competitive save for the last couple rds. Ref kept giving them nikkas mad breathers and neither fought with any urgency or passion.

He got mad defensive holes, but he's heavy handed as fukk and his body work and uppercuts are on point. Munguia improved by leaps and bounds cuz I remember him going life and death with Inoue.

I’ve been his harshest critic but he impressed me a lot more than I thought he would tonight.

Huge reach advantage though, Inoue literally got nothing on the outside and only push down uppercuts and hooks on the inside.

He threw like 8 jabs whole fight.

Tsyzu as you said, heavy hands, solid punch array, and showed he has a chin. But wasn’t challenged whatsoever on the outside.

Nice clinch fend off preparation from his camp.

He needs to stay at this weight.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Exactly...I've been giving CW its flowers for YEARS!!! For a good minute it was producing better fights than the popular divisions...shyt the first PBC fight worth a damn for a FOTY came from CW..the WBSS CW in season 1 is one of the best tournaments in a LONG TIME!!!

With that being said if you seen and follow Makabu fights you can see legit reasons why ppl side eye the fight.

but yall said Nelo ducks black fighters
:troll:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo could dead all this by telling them to all fight each other and he will fight the winners of those fights. Take Charlo and Benavidez for example. If they fight and say Charlo wins, he will be a two division champ and have beaten an unbeaten 2 time champ at 168. At that point Charlo comes a good scalp to have on his resume. He has accolades and he has a legit win over a guy who people see as a legit fighter and threat. That is why a lot of people aren't trying to give Canelo credits for what he has done at 168 because while they were unbeaten, none have legit wins over other guys who were proven to be that guy, not me personally though I felt like Smith, BJS, and Plant were all good fights, he took 3 0's in one year.

Canelo is the draw, he can start making these demands and he should if he is all about bettering the sport. Hell Beterbiev has the best argument of any fighter from 160-175 to fight Canelo. He is a unified champ with a legit win over Gvozdyk(sp?) and is universally seen as a very dangerous fighter who has KO power in both hands. Charlo, Benavidez, Bivol, definitely not Andrade don't even come close.

Facts

Canelo needs to be like GGG, Charlo, and Boo Boo at 160, somebody needs to become undisputed at 160:mjgrin: