Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
something must have happened with GB and DAZN cuz now it seems more fights are being announced for them

for the love of god why zurdo moves like this..sullivan barrera and now yunieski gonzalez

at least superbad is fighting though

alvarado vs roach jr is an interesting fight...i fukk with that

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Top Rank way better at building stars plus they scoop up all the young guns some decent eastern euros. They got Shakur, Teo, Big Baby..and a shyt ton of Olympians.

Oscar pretty decent also with Ryan,Virgil, Munguia…he had Canelo too. All these guys are young tho.

PBC & Showtime got an old ass roster besides from Tank and Boots(showtime) and that’s been slow. Boots got the lowest profile of all the young guns in the game. Tank might be the biggest young star but he got that Floyd stimulus and careful matchmaking. Breh ain’t got a real belt currently to his name in a 4 belt era :scust:.

PBC/Show the worst at star making or making household names :manny: Benavidez suppose to already been a household name.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Very good fight!

to me this will be a good gauge on where eubank jr is to me... he doesnt impress me...all the athleticism in the world plus hes a gym rat..he loves boxing but something isnt clicking for him skillwise...which is wild considering who his father is

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
to me this will be a good gauge on where eubank jr is to me... he doesnt impress me...all the athleticism in the world plus hes a gym rat..he loves boxing but something isnt clicking for him skillwise...which is wild considering who his father is
He seems to rely on his genetics, ring Iq is zilch. I agree fully.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Top Rank way better at building stars plus they scoop up all the young guns some decent eastern euros. They got Shakur, Teo, Big Baby..and a shyt ton of Olympians.

Oscar pretty decent also with Ryan,Virgil, Munguia…he had Canelo too. All these guys are young tho.

PBC & Showtime got an old ass roster besides from Tank and Boots(showtime) and that’s been slow. Boots got the lowest profile of all the young guns in the game. Tank might be the biggest young star but he got that Floyd stimulus and careful matchmaking. Breh ain’t got a real belt currently to his name in a 4 belt era :scust:.

PBC/Show the worst at star making or making household names :manny: Benavidez suppose to already been a household name.
Boots will matter..odd take. Virgil Ortiz will lose if he fights Crawford or Spence in 2022..Ryan Garcia ain't doing shyt. He's a complete joke. Shakur is being kept from Valdez:laugh:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAZN doesn't mean obscurity
Canelo has become a much bigger name even than he was when he fought Golovkin and he spent all but the latest fights of his on DAZN during this period. Not saying that it's only because of DAZN but credit where it's due cause surely they took part and despite the fears of many, we can say that appearing on an app didn't do any harm to his fame.

Do you see the fighters that appear on FOX or ESPN gaining a bigger following than the ones that appear on Showtime or DAZN? Cause I don't see that kind of correlation.

I still have a DAZN membership and would like nothing more for it to succeed. I don’t think you guys get it though.

Let’s play a simple game of yes or no.

In the 3 years DAZN has existed. Have they released even 1 training camp show for the following fighters (which are their biggest US fighters bar none).

Devin Haney
Ryan Garcia
Virgil Ortiz
D Andrade

The answer is sadly NO. None of the above guys have ever received a training camp documentary from DAZN. How absurd is that?

2) In the past 2 years has DAZN even released a training camp show for their biggest fighters period? (Canelo, Joshua).

The answer again, sadly, is NO…wait, these are two of the biggest names in the sport….what’s the excuse here?

We have established that DAZN doesn’t want to do a training camp show for their top American fighters. We have also established that DAZN doesn’t even want to do a training camp show for their top 2 fighters period.

3) Does DAZN have a network behind them? What is the biggest avenue for promotion.

NO network, biggest avenue is online/youtube.

4) The biggest avenue is youtube, that must mean DAZN releases a lot of content for their upcoming fights on their youtube such as training camp snippets at least, right?

The answer again is sadly, NO!

So what exactly does DAZN do? Their youtube channel which should be filled with hours and hours of prefight documentaries and training camp specials FOR THEIR OWN fighters and fights…..is just polluted with nonsense gossip like the DAZN boxing show and nonsense like Jake Paul, Tyson Fury etc that have nothing to do with DAZN.

ESPN, FOX, Showtime, UFC, they all have massive engines where they air their pre fight shows, advertise etc. yet they still find it beneficial to release this on their youtube.

DAZN doesn’t have an engine at all, yet they fail to produce ANY prefight content, when they are the ones that SHOULD be releasing the MOST content because they literally have no other means.

This is unhealthy for the sport, period. And yes, it is and will lead to obscurity. Where is the content?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Breh :russ:

Mungia N Ryan haven’t had careful match making?? :stopitslime:

Canelo didn’t have the exact same Floyd stimmy as Tank ?? :beli:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Breh :russ:

Mungia N Ryan haven’t had careful match making?? :stopitslime:

Canelo didn’t have the exact same Floyd stimmy as Tank ?? :beli:

Of course but Munguia and Ryan looked at one way while Tank is looked at like a star and he out here trying to collect all the wba secondary belts:manny:

Canelo was already on his way to being a star Canelo was chosen because he was a Hispanic with a fan base, but I was talking about Protege type stimulus, at first it was AB now it’s Tank.

But I was bringing up Tank because he the one of the only young stars or potential stars on PBC/Showtime roster but he might not even be a star once he get matched sort of evenly.

One of the biggest fights of the year and they have Anthony Dirrell co-main against a can,:scust:. Top Rank would have atleast stacked that shyt with some prospects or something. Completely wasting a co-main slot.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Boots got the lowest profile of all the young guns in the game..

You right about this. Given his talent and his performances dude should be "bigger than he is"
he barely has any buzz in philly it seems
It's early but he kinda gives me Crawford vibes where it seems like he's more interested in just boxing than being in the mix in order to promote himself more
maybe that profile might come naturally as he beats bigger names or he'll eventually transition like Spence did from that "humble guy" marketing to wearing jewelry and being at events with celebrities etc