Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Or that interview he put out saying 'Spence is too slow for me I feel very confident I'd beat him.... BUUUT I want to fight Connor McGregor or Ryan Garcia instead.' I was like :gucci: to :mjlol:.

What made it even worse was nikkas really was giving him a pass for that bullshyt. Go to that thread aint nobody in therr criticizing Pac for that bytch made shyt he was pulling(yeah I said it that was bytch MADE).:stopitslime:

If he easy work then make easy work of him and beat his ass then Pacman. :troll:
Boxing fans are the woat and I dont even stan Floyd or pacman. Mfs acting like its Floyd vs canelo :mjlol:
Passing of the torch:mjlol:
Nelo already had a belt and fought waaaaaaay tougher comp at that point. And it wasn't no exhibition. This era really that watered down :hhh:
fukking teo beat loma who is p4p but fans can't even give him credit

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I was going to bring up this fight and pose this question. What are examples of good/great fighters being used as a tuneup? It’s rare, but it does happen. You got to be a great fighter to pull this off though.

This fight right here is a great example. Mayweather comes back after nearly 2 years, to make easy work of Marquez. Marquez was just outgunned. Everything he brings to the table, Mayweather does better, which is why this was such a bad match up for him stylistically. Anyone else would be crazy to pull this with Marquez.

Pacquaio basically did the same thing with Matthysse. He wanted to bounce back from a loss, and knew Lucas had nothing for him. Again one of those situations stylistically where whatever Lucas brings to the table, PAC does it at a much higher level.

Oscar used Gatti as a tuneup after his loss to Mosely.

i always felt Mayweather used Maidiana (not only because he beat Broner) as a tune up for Pacquiao

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Boxing fans are the woat and I dont even stan Floyd or pacman. Mfs acting like its Floyd vs canelo :mjlol:
Passing of the torch:mjlol:
Nelo already had a belt and fought waaaaaaay tougher comp at that point. And it wasn't no exhibition. This era really that watered down :hhh:
fukking teo beat loma who is p4p but fans can't even give him credit

For real Canelo was a unified champ when he fought Money May, nikkas say he was green... as a unified champ how the hell are you green. I don't care how young you are aint no unified champ green. :stopitslime:

They just don't wanna give Floyd his credit for so one sidedly beating his ass. He live rent free in they heads to this day. :lolbron:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
For real Canelo was a unified champ when he fought Money May, nikkas say he was green... as a unified champ how the hell are you green. I don't care how young you are aint no unified champ green. :stopitslime:

They just don't wanna give Floyd his credit for so one sidedly beating his ass. He live rent free in they heads to this day. :lolbron:
Because they're idiots. I swear I lose brain cells listening to a lot of em

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i always felt Mayweather used Maidiana (not only because he beat Broner) as a tune up for Pacquiao

I disagree. Maidana met the typical requirements of a Mayweather opponent, which is the b side opponent coming off a big win.

Also, Maidana and PAC fight nothing alike.

A perfect example of Floyd using a tuneup to prepare for another opponent is Henry Bruseles.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I disagree. Maidana met the typical requirements of a Mayweather opponent, which is the b side opponent coming off a big win.

Also, Maidana and PAC fight nothing alike.

A perfect example of Floyd using a tuneup to prepare for another opponent is Henry Bruseles.

yea stylistically they fight nothing alike but i meant more so to prepare for a fighter who likes be aggressive.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I was going to bring up this fight and pose this question. What are examples of good/great fighters being used as a tuneup? It’s rare, but it does happen. You got to be a great fighter to pull this off though.

forgot to get back to you yesterday but holyfield facing ray mercer after losing his belts to michael moorer and damn near having a heart attack in the ring and being out of the ring for a little more than a year...mercer was still pretty dangerous..and he took the fight to him and gave him his first KD...decisive win...and looks even better considering lennox lewis went life and death with mercer a year after that